Caneville Clowns

It’s the people that conflate wins with quarterback play. “Emory beat Clemson, bro”. No, Miami beat Clemson despite a below average quarterback performance.

He’s high floor/low ceiling guy. The kind of guy you like as a backup. He can come in, run the offense and not lose the game for you. He won’t be scared or intimidated. You can’t rely on him to win games for you though and in today’s game you’re going to have moments where you need your QB to carry you and I don’t think Williams is that guy.

While I agree with all that, let's remember he was a true freshman. He could be significantly improved in a year or two.

Advertisement
last week when I was at practice, the media left after the first 15-20 minutes. D$ stayed (he's technically not media) .... the fact is, the media have limited exposure to the entirety of practice periods. it's like picking up a book and thinking you read the whole story just by perusing the first part of the table of contents.

Shoot, I learn that now after getting Cs in English all those years? :(

It’s the people that conflate wins with quarterback play. “Emory beat Clemson, bro”. No, Miami beat Clemson despite a below average quarterback performance.

He’s high floor/low ceiling guy. The kind of guy you like as a backup. He can come in, run the offense and not lose the game for you. He won’t be scared or intimidated. You can’t rely on him to win games for you though and in today’s game you’re going to have moments where you need your QB to carry you and I don’t think Williams is that guy.
What’s funny is i hate both Emory and Jacurri as QBs for us and think both should transfer , so it’s funny to me to compare a 57 rated QB to a 58 rated QB

Advertisement
Learn something ..... and by the way, bad QB's, like I don't know, Patrick Mahomes and Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rogers are not laces throwers either. If you're going to dog a player, at least know what you're talking about. I coach QB's that are laces throwers and those that aren't. It makes little difference.

View attachment 286528

Do those guys throw without laces on occasion? Of course and nobody said that laces out sometimes is out of the question. Short passes from the gun with no time, etc of course, lots of guys throw without laces including pros. Nobody was saying otherwise. However, Emory does it more often than average even when he has a straight drop back with minimal pressure. Guys like AR, Big Ben don't do that. It really wasn't the gist of my post anyway.

While I agree with all that, let's remember he was a true freshman. He could be significantly improved in a year or two.
Absolutely. I wouldn’t completely write off a second year player. It’s just that his shortcomings are physical. He’s a below average athlete with a below average arm. All the coaching and experience in the world won’t really improve that. Now, there are guys with similar skills that have turned out to be decent college quarterbacks. It’s just that you’re really handicapping your offense with a quarterback who can’t run OR make all the throws.

No other outlet is closer to the actual kids than Canesville. They are from around the way and have been connected to the parents and family of many of these kids for years. He started his company to help the kids in the community...he has known them from pop Warner and up. You may not like the way he speaks and moves but Caneville is for the kids and the community. I don't mind how he moves. He is also one of the only media ppl out here with real credible info and back stories.
What up Caneville glad you’re here.

Advertisement
Do those guys throw without laces on occasion? Of course and nobody said that laces out sometimes is out of the question. Short passes from the gun with no time, etc of course, lots of guys throw without laces including pros. Nobody was saying otherwise. However, Emory does it more often than average even when he has a straight drop back with minimal pressure. Guys like AR, Big Ben don't do that. It really wasn't the gist of my post anyway.

actually, that's not correct.

mahomes is a fundamental non-laces thrower. so is/was ben.

and whether a QB is or is not, has ZERO impact on anything other than message board chatter.

listen, I get it. none of our QB's fit into the CIS narrative. maybe other than ward, but three years ago he would have been treated around here like he was the second coming of jarren williams.

Let’s say JB is 3rs string. Instead of 4th. He should still transfer. He ain’t playing over poff or cam

Advertisement
Emory threw the worst balls by far to me, he went 8 for 23 on slants bubbles and fade routes. That clemson game before the 4th were he had a couple really good throws was very bad

This isn’t bashing emory either but i don’t understand some of yall acting like he’s far ahead or even a better thrower than jacurri based on what we saw in games both are too close to think that but i give it to jacurri because i think he has better natural arm talent and athleticism

I rather have the better athletic talented inaccurate qb than the inaccurate one that isn’t a good athlete and has a weaker arm
To be clear for 3rd string.

Ya I ain't arguing about someone who if he's playing our season is over.

#offseason

actually, that's not correct.

mahomes is a fundamental non-laces thrower. so is/was ben.

and whether a QB is or is not, has ZERO impact on anything other than message board chatter.

listen, I get it. none of our QB's fit into the CIS narrative. maybe other than ward, but three years ago he would have been treated around here like he was the second coming of jarren williams.

I'll disagree with the premise that Big Ben and AR regularly throw with laces out for straight drop back passes. I obviously am not pouring over years of film to confirm but in my many years of watching football, it's never been noticeable like it is with Emory.

As for Mahomes, sure, but that's bc his entire pedigree as a QB has been due to a certain type of passing game where it's conducive to throw however the ball comes into your hands.

Lastly, you are comparing ELITE guys - where arguably this won't be an issue - with a 3rd string P5 type of guy.

Advertisement
the guy is a moron.

love when he comments on player development.

since he knows less about football than the spawn of a back seat hookup between Gary Ferman and SMD, it's always good not only for a laugh, but for the comedy value of how so many on CIS actually believe it is informative.

the national enquirer of 'canes reporting

so I take it you are not a subscriber to their hot takes on stocks and crypto?

Logan Thomas, Blake Bell, Terrelle Pryor, etc

I feel all of these guys were better QBs for sure...but good examples, there are likely more than a few. Considering how much we want to use the TE, I wish he could see the obvious transition if he wants to do it, here is as good of a place as any outside of Georgia or Michigan or one of those schools that has been producing TEs a little more than us of late.

I'm glad the question got asked. Better than them taking potshots and dropping rumors and innuendo on social media. Mario sometimes seems brittle with media questions. I really don't like how he handles people like Susan asking about injuries, or the fact some journalists are afraid to question him. Call the MFer out if you disagree with him or think your readers/audience disagrees with him. That's why the media is there.

All that said, Mario handled it great and slapped Streeter silly with his fact-based and forceful response.
We all look back at conversations where we wish afterwards we thought of something as good as what Mario said in reply to the question.

Advertisement
Back