Canesville regional info thread....

Immediately out of the delay Belmonte is complaining about the timeout

Advertisement
While we wait for the real game, just curious for anyone that knows anything about USF... how do they compare to our regular mid week opponents?

Do we get partial credit for ending the Gator’s season if the brother of one of our pitchers is on the mound when it happens?

Advertisement
1622929154967.png

South Alabama beat USF. Play one more time for a trip to the Supers. Absolutely infuriating to be a Miami fan and watch this.

Advertisement
He is the future of this lineup with Morales, Born amd Pitelli ... They will need some incoming help
The big problem in the short term is that the class before them almost completely fell apart. Thomas is the only Fall 2019 freshman position player left (assuming he doesn’t portal this month)!

Advertisement
The big problem in the short term is that the class before them almost completely fell apart. Thomas is the only Fall 2019 freshman position player left (assuming he doesn’t portal this month)!
Yep, I like the young arms but position wise we don't have any depth if Vilar, ADC, CDC, Toral, Gil and Lala all leave on some form. Need a big class of position players, preferably highly rated ones.

We would have leadoff in Kayfus, and a 3 hole in Morales, and then a whole bunch of unknowns.

Yep, I like the young arms but position wise we don't have any depth if Vilar, ADC, CDC, Toral, Gil and Lala all leave on some form. Need a big class of position players, preferably highly rated ones.

We would have leadoff in Kayfus, and a 3 hole in Morales, and then a whole bunch of unknowns.
Of the 6 players you mentioned I would take the first 3 back (prefer Vilar batting somewhere 7-9 though) and the last 3 can go kick rocks

And isn't an even bigger problem/concern the reason that happened, i.e. was that class over-rated or are we not capable of developing these position players? I know it was a pitcher heavy class but what happened to Lugo and Valdez from that class btw, I can't recall?

Advertisement
Of the 6 players you mentioned I would take the first 3 back (prefer Vilar batting somewhere 7-9 though) and the last 3 can go kick rocks
Despite his late season lull I still like Vilar in the 2. Let's just assume ADC/Toral only leave I could get by with this:
Kayfus
Vilar
Morales
CDC
Gil
Thomas
Born
Pitelli
Lala

That's assuming we do not get an impact transfer or an incoming Freshman shows out

Pair that with a Smith (if he stays)/Rosario/Mederos/AMac/Garland rotation and the nasty pen guys we have that could be a decent team. BUT the coach will remain the same, thus my expectations will be low.

And isn't an even bigger problem/concern the reason that happened, i.e. was that class over-rated or are we not capable of developing these position players? I know it was a pitcher heavy class but what happened to Lugo and Valdez from that class btw, I can't recall?
Lugo went in 2nd Rd and signed. I think Valdez was a fall casualty and ended up @ Hillsborough (?). Not sure if Austin Bradbury ever made it to campus but he has bounced btw JUCO programs, per GoogleFu.

Despite his late season lull I still like Vilar in the 2. Let's just assume ADC/Toral only leave I could get by with this:
Kayfus
Vilar
Morales
CDC
Gil
Thomas
Born
Pitelli
Lala

That's assuming we do not get an impact transfer or an incoming Freshman shows out

Pair that with a Smith (if he stays)/Rosario/Mederos/AMac/Garland rotation and the nasty pen guys we have that could be a decent team. BUT the coach will remain the same, thus my expectations will be low.
I'd say my only disagreement is on Gil. I realize he has a little pop and put together a nice couple weeks late in the season but overall his approach at the plate is horrible and loves to strike out on 3 pitches with runners in scoring position and less than 2 outs. To me if he's back he's a platoon infielder and bottom of the order guy at best. I also hope Lala transfers out.

I'd say my only disagreement is on Gil. I realize he has a little pop and put together a nice couple weeks late in the season but overall his approach at the plate is horrible and loves to strike out on 3 pitches with runners in scoring position and less than 2 outs. To me if he's back he's a platoon infielder and bottom of the order guy at best. I also hope Lala transfers out.
I'll take a .292/.900 OPS guy in the 5 hole, his season was actually fairly solid, and he can just DH. Not like we have seen anything from Thomas/Born or anyone to put them up there. We also get Gates back so maybe he can bat 5 and Gil 6. But Gil is not nearly as bad as this board makes out IMO.

Advertisement
Back