Canesport Reporting

I literally quoted the post in which it was said that “being a notch above a bubble team is something I’ll take”. So a single person did say it. Scroll up. If you also happened to read what I said, if those are your expectations then so be it. In that case, we’re fine where we’re at.
A single person definitely did *not* say that a notch above a bubble team is our ceiling.

What's funny is that you even quote him *not* saying it and then claim that he did.

Advertisement
I happen to believe there’s another level Miami basketball is capable of getting to. Is that so ridiculous and unreasonable?

See, this is the stuff that I don't get.

You're comparing the current team to a level that the program has never been to either before the rebirth or after.

Exactly what standard are you using to judge that Miami basketball should be better than 22-9 (14-6) and an NCAA Tournament team?

What's more is that if you are making up some ideal standard it's only because of what Jim Larranaga has done here that makes that even possible.

Again, if you believe the ceiling for Miami basketball is a notch above a bubble team, we just have to agree to disagree. I also said I’m fine with the extension. Don’t love it, don’t hate it.
I hear ya. But we've never been a powerhouse basketball program and being a notch or 2 above a bubble team sure beats the **** out of getting your teeth kicked in every season. It's not like this program has ever been elite. The closest we've been to elite is with coach L. So I guess I'm ok for now with winning 20 games a season vs 10 to 15. I'd love to see us make the tourney and compete for national titles every year just like the next guy but I'm just being realistic about the state of the program in 2022 You take out the fbi/Adidas mess and the previous 3 seasons play out differently .

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hear ya. But we've never been a powerhouse basketball program and being a notch or 2 above a bubble team sure beats the **** out of getting your teeth kicked in every season. It's not like this program has ever been elite. The closest we've been to elite is with coach L. So I guess I'm ok with winning 20 games a season vs 10 to 15.
First of all, I enjoy your posts. But at no point have I used the words “powerhouse” or “elite” when referring to where I think expectations should be. I also cannot stress this enough, I’M FINE WITH THE EXTENSION.

First of all, I enjoy your posts. But at no point have I used the words “powerhouse” or “elite” when referring to where I think expectations should be. I also cannot stress this enough, I’M FINE WITH THE EXTENSION.
It's all good brother. I've just been following the program for a very long time and most of it hasn't been pretty. I think we're in good hands now with Rad and he will keep us heading in the right direction. I would absolutely love to see our basketball team make a Final Four run in my lifetime. A national title would be well.... I never though pot would be legal so anything is possible.

Advertisement
You've got nothing.

So obvious.
Got nothing about what? I’ve calmly and respectfully stated my rational point of view multiple times and you’ve spent the morning insulting me and bringing nothing to the table. Your 23 posts are off to a great start. Sorry you get in your feelings whenever anybody has a slightly different point of view than you. I bet you’re tons of fun in real life. But hey, 15-0, amirite?

To respond to even the slightest pushback against your claims.

It's all filibustering or promises to run away.
You’re fascinating. Would love to know why you take everything so personally. Is it an emotional development issue? Are you genuinely just a miserable person? Are you a relative of somebody on the coaching staff? So many questions, so few answers. But for now I have no interest in communicating with somebody with the emotional development of an 8 year old. Have a lovely rest of your morning and let’s put BC to bed early this afternoon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m fine with the extension. As I’ve said all season, I think to get to the next level (regular tournament team, elite eight upside) it’s going to take an upgrade but there’s a functioning AD in charge finally and if he says extension then so be it. As nice as this season has been, the reality is we’re still just a notch above a bubble team. Let’s not pretend like we’re a top 10 team.
Well we will know if we are top 10 tommorrow night

Well we will know if we are top 10 tommorrow night
Yes, there is a game to go to the elite 8 tomorrow night. What's your point? If this is supposed to be a "gotcha" post, I've already stated a few times that I didn't think Coach L had the energy left to rebuild from the disaster the previous 3 years have been and he has proven me wrong. Good, I couldn't be happier to be wrong in this case. It's been an incredible run so far and hopefully it continues tomorrow night.

Some of the pre tourney takes here…

Ooof.
Of all the people to be playing Captain Hindsight, it's 15-0 Manny guy :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

The lack of self-awareness is startling. Yet not surprising. Your list of awful takes wouldn't fit on a CVS receipt.

This run in the tourney has been so much fun. Why not just enjoy it with fellow fans. How quickly we forget that we are an OT buzzer beater win over BC away from possibly not even making the tournament to even be in this fantastic position. Basketball is a funny game that way. Sometimes things bounce your way and Coach L and the team have made the most of the opportunity they earned to play in the tournament and should be commended for doing so.

Advertisement
Back