Canesport reporting on Diocemy St. Juste RB

Nice find by the staff. I like this kid. The wide aspect ratio screws up the first runs but he has some speed.

His 100 may not be that impressive but that was a sophomore time. As long as he is around 11 now I'm fine with it. The run at 2:14 is a big time run regardless of his track time.

Advertisement
I don't know what I'd do if we take this kid over Chestnut

Wow that is a big leap to take considering the source of the article etc. It also reads like a story that has been in Ferman's back pocket for a slow news day. Prob getting way to much attention than it deserves.

I didn't even read the story, but I just don't understand how Miami hasn't contacted Chestnut at all

This kid plays in a tough district with Dwyer, Atlantic & Royal Palm Beach.....I think they also played Park Vista, who is another tough team in PBC. I have no idea how he faired against these schools, but they did beat Atlantic early in the season.

thats whats so great about south florida area, your world is devasted because alex collins decommits for fsu, but then take the bonoculars out look a mile down the road and realize wow that kid is really talented, better than most in the nation just went un noticed []_[]....canes

Advertisement
This kid plays in a tough district with Dwyer, Atlantic & Royal Palm Beach.....I think they also played Park Vista, who is another tough team in PBC. I have no idea how he faired against these schools, but they did beat Atlantic early in the season.

He has over 1,000 yards for the season with seven touchdown runs of 50 yards or more.

Wow that is a big leap to take considering the source of the article etc. It also reads like a story that has been in Ferman's back pocket for a slow news day. Prob getting way to much attention than it deserves.

I didn't even read the story, but I just don't understand how Miami hasn't contacted Chestnut at all

he was scouted by Carroll at recent game...

Advertisement

The staff obviously has reservations about this kid and/or has kids higher up on their board.

Like,
I don't know if his highlight is better than chestnut's, but he is better option than Darius Tice imo

Didn't watch the whole thing, but Got-****, dude looks like he's being shot out of a rocket. Gets to his top speed really quickly.

That being said, we already have our "smallish" back in Duke; I'd like a bruiser to go along with Duke.

I posted this yesterday:

Side-note: Why do we insist that there must be a "Workhorse" back in this class? It's not like they are riding Mike James for 20 carries a game or anything like that. Duke is an incredible short-yardage back/goal line back with has a great nose for the 1st down/end zone. I say just bring in the best back out there that you can.

I laugh when I see people post something like "We don't need Chestnut because he's too similar to Duke." Huh? You don't want somebody that is similar to Duke? I'm not comparing Chestnut to Duke, but their styles are similar and Chestnut can break a game open like Duke.

This is really spot on, Pete. Bring in the best ******* RB you can find. Plain and simple. Forget styles for now.

Advertisement
Didn't watch the whole thing, but Got-****, dude looks like he's being shot out of a rocket. Gets to his top speed really quickly.

That being said, we already have our "smallish" back in Duke; I'd like a bruiser to go along with Duke.

I posted this yesterday:

Side-note: Why do we insist that there must be a "Workhorse" back in this class? It's not like they are riding Mike James for 20 carries a game or anything like that. Duke is an incredible short-yardage back/goal line back with has a great nose for the 1st down/end zone. I say just bring in the best back out there that you can.

I laugh when I see people post something like "We don't need Chestnut because he's too similar to Duke." Huh? You don't want somebody that is similar to Duke? I'm not comparing Chestnut to Duke, but their styles are similar and Chestnut can break a game open like Duke.

Good point. Well taken.

That being said, Duke is a speed athlete that relies on speed, quickness, and lateral ability. He runs hard and if he's going to be nicked up at times as he has been this year, that minimizes his special abilities. My reasoning is that a bigger back that relies less on speed and quickness can deal with the nicks and bruises better. But again, point is well taken.

I think that too many people assume that size=strength. Size is correlated to strength, but correlation /= causation. Duke, at his weight, is stronger/more powerful than man running backs who are considerably larger than him. He has a great frame, muscle tone, a low center of gravity and great balance, which are all more important than size in a running back. He isn't even that light for a college RB. He could be 215 when he leaves Miami depending on how his body picks up mass in the weight room.

Advertisement
Wow hes quick!! Wud love to bring him in. Id love all 3, but i hope we can get 2/3 of Collins, Tice, and this guy.

I'm not with the "power back" thing. If that's the best option than do it. When has Miami been about a power back anyways. Give me speed, speed, and more speed with some moves. Then they just need the attitude like Duke has to go right at people when necessary.

Advertisement
Back