Canesport reporting on Diocemy St. Juste RB

NotoriousJJE

Sophomore
Who the **** is that?

his highlights show some speed. No idea competition. But this seems like either the biggest sleeper of all time, or we are seriously reaching at RB. Either way, does not bode well for our chances at AC.

http://youtu.be/rfAzaeuhO3A

Advertisement
Didn't watch the whole thing, but Got-****, dude looks like he's being shot out of a rocket. Gets to his top speed really quickly.

That being said, we already have our "smallish" back in Duke; I'd like a bruiser to go along with Duke.

Didn't watch the whole thing, but Got-****, dude looks like he's being shot out of a rocket. Gets to his top speed really quickly.

That being said, we already have our "smallish" back in Duke; I'd like a bruiser to go along with Duke.

I posted this yesterday:

Side-note: Why do we insist that there must be a "Workhorse" back in this class? It's not like they are riding Mike James for 20 carries a game or anything like that. Duke is an incredible short-yardage back/goal line back with has a great nose for the 1st down/end zone. I say just bring in the best back out there that you can.

I laugh when I see people post something like "We don't need Chestnut because he's too similar to Duke." Huh? You don't want somebody that is similar to Duke? I'm not comparing Chestnut to Duke, but their styles are similar and Chestnut can break a game open like Duke.

is the tape sped up or is he just incredibly fast?

I know some people play with tape speed, not saying this is just wondering

Advertisement
Who is this kid and where is he from? He is explosive to say the least. This kid at the very least would be terror on speacial teams.

is the tape sped up or is he just incredibly fast?

I know some people play with tape speed, not saying this is just wondering

yea its obviuos the tape is sped up on some of those runs... an di agree with pete we dont need a 220 230 pound back...Duke can get one yard runs we just need anothe rrb to take some carries away from him

It's not like Duke goes down when someone sneezes on him.

Advertisement
This kids tape is a masterful piece of editing, considering this kids personal best time in the 100m is 11.4 seconds, mind you the kid weights 185. Just to put that in pespective Gabriel Terry LB (freshmen) ran a 10.9 sec 100m in high school last year at 220lbs, so he would easily run this kid down like a lion chasing a gazelle.

http://fl.milesplit.com/athletes/1963327-diocemy-stjuste

Garbriel Terry
http://fl.milesplit.com/athletes/2617058-gabriel-terry

I am sure there is good competition in Palm Beach County and his High School has played some really tough traditional powers, but against the better schools he was shut out. His highlight tape is against the weaker teams.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/santaluces-chiefs-(lantana,fl)/football/schedule.htm

So I say pass and put start to put the full court press on Collins to get him back, but also show lots of love to Chestnut just in case, i also think a spring or two spent on the UM track or with Swasey will greatly increase his speed by opening up Chestnut's stride.

Go Canes!

I posted this yesterday:

Side-note: Why do we insist that there must be a "Workhorse" back in this class? It's not like they are riding Mike James for 20 carries a game or anything like that. Duke is an incredible short-yardage back/goal line back with has a great nose for the 1st down/end zone. I say just bring in the best back out there that you can.

I laugh when I see people post something like "We don't need Chestnut because he's too similar to Duke." Huh? You don't want somebody that is similar to Duke? I'm not comparing Chestnut to Duke, but their styles are similar and Chestnut can break a game open like Duke.

Would you say chestnut is underrated Pete? I mean he puts up insane numbers against good comp. but apparently the recruiting sites don't like them, might that just be size related?

Advertisement

It's not like Duke goes down when someone sneezes on him.

That's why I said "smallish" and not smallish. I've seen Duke in person w/o pads and he has a great frame for a running back. I actually think he's sturdier than most give him credit for - I probably shouldn't have even made that comment that'll just contribute to that line of thinking.

image.jpg

Advertisement

I posted this yesterday:

Good point. Well taken.

That being said, Duke is a speed athlete that relies on speed, quickness, and lateral ability. He runs hard and if he's going to be nicked up at times as he has been this year, that minimizes his special abilities. My reasoning is that a bigger back that relies less on speed and quickness can deal with the nicks and bruises better. But again, point is well taken.

I don't know what I'd do if we take this kid over Chestnut

Wow that is a big leap to take considering the source of the article etc. It also reads like a story that has been in Ferman's back pocket for a slow news day. Prob getting way to much attention than it deserves.

Advertisement
Back