CanesInSight Twitter Space ft. D$

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob Likens 2023 UM OC???…
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

Advertisement
Lmao not sure what kind of sarcastic that is buuuttt….lets assume smith, miraball and ponce are safe….I feel like ponce can adjust his style to BETTER fit Likens who has exp with TVD AND has been successful in his previous role here already

I feel Jacurri Brown has probably taken over the QB1 spot. Obviously not for sure based off one performance, but we'll see how he finishes the year out. TVD and maybe Garcia both might be transferring.

Lmao not sure what kind of sarcastic that is buuuttt….lets assume smith, miraball and ponce are safe….I feel like ponce can adjust his style to BETTER fit Likens who has exp with TVD AND has been successful in his previous role here already
False assumption.

If one of the issues this year was Ponce not being able or willing to teach the QBs how to run Gattis’s offense than I don’t know if it would bode well for another OC to come in and feel undermined by working with a guy who didn’t help the last guy and is friends with the HC.

There needs to be respect for the chain of command. I don’t know whether Ponce has been good or bad so it isn’t personal but unless there are other really good reasons to keep him on I think you let the new guy pick their QB coach. Most OCs coach QBs anyways…

Likens is a good guy and an ok coach but just like players, we tend overrate the “success” coaches who aren’t absolute dog **** have here. He was fired from his last OC job from a conference that doesn’t play defense and one of the criticisms was that he was too conservative.

However, putting that aside one of the biggest issues with this staff is forcing a bunch of guys together who don’t share the same offensive philosophy resulting in a lack of cohesion and messaging to players. Only guy who should be safe is Mirabal. Mario already tried that once and if failed. Time to hire an innovative OC and let him hire who he wants to that will help implement his system.

To be clear, I’m against both of these scenarios, but if you’re going to hire Likens, I rather you give him full automy and hire who he wants. Now if Mario is adamant about keeping staff together and Saterfield is not available, I rather he promote Ponce to OC and let him hire his own WR coach. I’m strongly against both scenarios.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back