CanesInSight on Gramlich and Mac Lain Podcast

Advertisement
Great stuff D!

Even being a Clemson grad , Mac is a Miami fan. Speaks volumes about the Miami brand

That was pretty awesome!!

I wonder what Mac’s ties are to the U. He speaks as if he’s a real die hard and knowledgeable Canes fan. He played at Clemson and is from North Carolina but reps The U?

I’d like to know how this dude became a Canes fan. Anyone out there have any insight on how this guy that played for the enemy and is from enemy territory became a Canes fan and reps The U the way he does?

Advertisement

I wonder what Mac’s ties are to the U. He speaks as if he’s a real die hard and knowledgeable Canes fan. He played at Clemson and is from North Carolina but reps The U?

I’d like to know how this dude became a Canes fan. Anyone out there have any insight on how this guy that played for the enemy and is from enemy territory became a Canes fan and reps The U the way he does?
Ever since he started with the ACC Network, he’s spoke highly of Miami. No idea about his background other than he played a lot of games at Clemson.

Idk if he's actually a Canes fan as much as he is just a college football analyst that gets paid to provide objective reporting. Each media guy has their personality and his is more akin to Josh Pate then it is to a Stephen A Smith type of guy. Don't make any fanbase hate you...make them think you're a big fan of their program...and just try to provide some solid analysis.

He probably also wants Miami to be good because it's good for the ACC...and his salary relies on the ACC remaining a conference.

You’re probably right. It just seems like every time I hear him speak on the Canes, he refers to the team as we. Just like we do as Canes fans.

Unlike Pate who just seems to be a closet fan of The U. Mac seems to be 💯 bought in on the idea of being a Canes Fan by wearing the gear and flashing the U the way he does.

I really dig the love he has for program though. Regardless if it’s for self promo reasons or not. His knowledge of the team and respect for the program is refreshing for someone that has a national platform like he does. Especially when it’s about as cool nationally these days to be Canes fan as it is being a Scientologist.

Advertisement
Nice job, D$. Way to represent…I envision future appearances for you on similar Podcasts and shows.

Advertisement
I caught that right at the end. "And Miami just hired a new defensive backs coach Chevis Jackson."

So I guess its official.

Advertisement
Financial decision (went for free on a program). I hate the Gators more than I like the Canes.
Smart financial decisions always going to outweigh the fandom lol keep rooting for the Canes and wearing all Canes gear while attending another university is wonderful.

Advertisement
Back