CanesInSight Live and X&O talk: Coming Soon

And my fault the CB at Northwestern wasnt Hope it was Mayes, but they both sucked the same according to players/ coaches in high school, but I hope Mayes isnt still on the team, no pun intended

Advertisement
Eh, most people who saw Knowles’s highlights were impressed. There is a reason Miami offered. @blackvern was the guy who questioned the take because he talked to the Edison coaches.

My big lesson there is that it’s critical to see guys live, even if it’s a camp. Knowles’s athletic limitations were apparent quick on Greentree, but weren’t as obvious against the bad competition in his highlights.

And with all that said, Knowles gets a bad rap because of the FSU game. He’s far from great, or even good, but the guy actually plays snaps on a quality team. That’s more than the Golden busts can say.

I was just messing around. You already know I download all the podcasts.

I don't think I evaluated Knowles because I had already given up on that staff by then. Though I was a big Dallas Crawford fan so I've made similar mistakes in the past. I definitely wasn't high on Larry Hope though smh kid was small with lead feet.

Thats good u noticed that @DMoney I would venture to say you must see both games and camp,but the only reason Miami offered him is because they couldnt get anyone else, he was a plan Z player. I worked at Edison and the West for almost 2 years. We had every coach in America walk through Edison doors from Saban & Alabama to Larry Coker & UTSA and the football team sucked. Everybody knew who Knowles was, looks like Tarzan ...Plays like Jane he was not some hidden gem its just that nobody wanted him. He's a good kid, but he just doesnt run well, never ran well. Thats why i dismissed it when people said he could get faster. If you can run you can run. His only other scholarship offer was from FIU and some no name school like East Tennesee State and thats the truth. Same thing with Larry Hope, its hysterical that we recruited these guys. Recruiting is checkers not chess. You can look at a guy live for 5 seconds in a big game in Dade county and tell if he is Cane material, its so easy.

Y'all think these coaches can identify talent better then some of us can, here's a newsflash they cant. We had coaches laughing that Miami signed Hope, the dude use to get abused at practice by every wide receiver on the team at Northwestern. When we can recruit when were not just signing guys just to have bodies then we will be back.

Hey Uncle Luke ****es me off and he over hypes his players and is shady , but when you sit down with him he knows exactly what players will ball out in college and where they belong, dude never lied to Miami when it comes to crootin he told UM people privately Larry Hope and Knowles dont belong in Miami. Saying all that its Knowles senior year right? He should have enough knowledge and experience to make someplays for us this year, I just dont want him starting or gettin major PT.

Lulz

Its honest statement lets be real, recruiting gurus who have no history of playing football can label kids as 5 stars before the colleges even know who they are, it really isnt chess mane. Its a skill that anyone can do. You really think Todd Hartley knows talent more than @Coach Macho @DMoney @Liberty City El or even @blackvern?? This **** is checkers man, this board is probably 75% right of the guys who are gonna suck before they even step on green tree. Yea we all hold out hope on dudes like Dwayne Hoilett, and Corey King but thats just to make us feel better about the really good players we whiffed on

Its honest statement lets be real, recruiting gurus who have no history of playing football can label kids as 5 stars before the colleges even know who they are, it really isnt chess mane. Its a skill that anyone can do. You really think Todd Hartley knows talent more than @Coach Macho @DMoney @Liberty City El or even @blackvern?? This **** is checkers man, this board is probably 75% right of the guys who are gonna suck before they even step on green tree. Yea we all hold out hope on dudes like Dwayne Hoilett, and Corey King but thats just to make us feel better about the really good players we whiffed on

For sure. Yes most people can immediately tell if someone is a 5 star or high 4 star. However, there’s hundreds of 3 stars that get drafted every year. I think there is a lot more to evaluating talent than you are letting on. In the NFL people are paid a lot of money are paid to evaluate talent and get it wrong all the time. And it’s easy to prove your point when your using one of the worse coach’s ever at evaluating talent.

Also, there’s always teams like the TCUs of the world who do a great job at finding under the radar talent who fits their scheme and outperform their class rankings year after year. Not every coach or CIS user can do what they do at TCU, at least IMO.

Advertisement
For sure. Yes most people can immediately tell if someone is a 5 star or high 4 star. However, there’s hundreds of 3 stars that get drafted every year. I think there is a lot more to evaluating talent than you are letting on. In the NFL people are paid a lot of money are paid to evaluate talent and get it wrong all the time. And it’s easy to prove your point when your using one of the worse coach’s ever at evaluating talent.

Also, there’s always teams like the TCUs of the world who do a great job at finding under the radar talent who fits their scheme and outperform their class rankings year after year. Not every coach or CIS user can do what they do at TCU, at least IMO.
agreed some are amazing at it, those are what I call the 1%'ers... but for the most part I think its coaching that makes TCU good not their talent evaluations, but i hear your point

There's definitely something to evaluating talent. The people that are good at it are coaches (college or NFL) who getting paid millions to do it. Not some "guru" who runs a recruiting service. Those guys are (for the most part) a joke.

Advertisement

Did you really just @ yourself? C'mon man...

Wow sounds like a bunch of great ideas!! Big shout out to you guys for giving us all this great content for FREE

Oh god my womans mad enough already how much im on here but more content **** yaaa!!! Teams gettin better and so is the information!! Thanks guys!!

Advertisement
Back