CanesInSight Live 9/15: can Manny fix it?

View as article
Advertisement
Nobody on this coaching staff can fix this broken program. Just remind yourself of the kid's rhyme about Humpty Dumpty. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty together again.

The question should be. Can anybody fix what Manny broke? He did a **** of a job. Its in pretty bad shape.

I agree that the Diaz hire was ridiculously lazy. Can he turn it around? Unfortunately I really don’t think that’s happening this year with the horrendous Oline play, lack of running game and only running up the middle, horrible game planning on both sides of the ball, lack of discipline and too many penalties, LB and RB depth, dropped passes on crucial plays, taking forever to get going and playing with effort, and surprisingly Lashlees play calling. I think Manny needed head coaching experience before coaching at a big P5 program ESPECIALLY Miami. UM is probably the hardest all around coaching job in the entire nation for many reasons. EXTREMELY irrational fan base, myself included, (let’s be honest we are the WORST from the slurpers to the chicken littles), having so many studs locally that refuse to stay home and get the crib back to it’s glory days because we don’t pay players and we haven’t showed a good product or improvement for basically at least the past 16 years, Administration and BOT are ok with being mediocre as long as we are getting that ACC conference money, and we are not churning out first rounders like we used to and there are other schools that are doing what we used to do in that regard so our prestigious history is non existent to them. With all of that being said I REALLY do hope Manny can turn it around because that would be the best thing for the University. It will be almost IMPOSSIBLE with the way college football is now a days. It’s set up where there will only be 5-6 teams that will ever have a chance to win a championship. We will never have the resources to be one of those teams so unless Urban Meyer or a coach with a win at all costs type of mentality even if that means cheating or doing whatever is necessary to get there it don’t matter who our coach is we will never get to the top of the mountain again. It’s a sad reality but it is what it is unless something changes in the college football landscape. If we can’t get a Saban (I hate him more than any coach for how he played the Dolphins but you cant argue with his college results) type coach then our best chance to try and get there is to not fire Manny and actually give him some time to improve the roster. You can’t argue with the fact that most of our most talented players with the higher ceilings are the freshman and sophomores. If he can pull off 2 more classes like that then maybe we can consistently win 10 plus a year then either we can convince a lot more elite recruits to come here or entice an elite coach to come here because we would have a great roster and they wouldn’t have to rebuild and would get the new coach bump in recruiting as well. Honestly the revolving door of coaching staff’s has really hurt the program. Manny should get a few more years. I mean Butch had some pretty horrific seasons and he didn’t get fired after year 3. Maybe Manny just needs more time. He fixes the issues quickly and doesn’t waste time making them worse and he is really intelligent. Plus if he turns it around we don’t have to worry about him bolting for the NFL like every championship coach we EVER had. This is his dream job. Anyways I doubt we turn it around this year but if we can keep stacking recruiting classes together like the last 2 I feel like that would be our best shot. Either way I will ALWAYS support my beloved CANES. For better or for worse. GO CANES!!!
1287436713_top-10-lies-parents-tell-their-kids_7.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back