CanesInSight Live 7pm: Reese Poffenbarger commits

Food Drink Chocolate GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

In Reese I trust

Advertisement
Facts I haven’t read anyone’s take I put the film first but lce is right. Never looked at it like that but it’s true, throwing jump balls (pause) and into coverage yet we fall in love for the stars. I love the quickness that gets overlooked a lot of the time. 40’s ain’t **** that quickness is important though, he’s quick asf and got wheels. He looks well prepared and he ain’t just running he’s looking to throw while he thinks he’s going to take off. I want this dude starting day 1
I see a lot of Brock Purdy with this kid as I’m watching

Obviously that’s a high high bar even before his emergence with SF and I’m not like directly comparing them but certainly reminds me more of Brock than Mayfield. Purdy has better mobility than he gets credit for and his anticipation is what sets him apart

I see a lot of Brock Purdy with this kid as I’m watching

Obviously that’s a high high bar even before his emergence with SF and I’m not like directly comparing them but certainly reminds me more of Brock than Mayfield. Purdy has better mobility than he gets credit for and his anticipation is what sets him apart
I thought Stetson Bennet before I watched @DMoney podcast and that’s exactly who he said. And I’m cool with that. Purdy is nasty at times he looks like Brady how accurate he is. His anticipation is great when he’s in rhythm and the running game is working. Credit to the SF HC he one of the best in the sport.

I might be wrong here but dudes always play and look faster when they’re prepared and know what they’re doing

Like Memnon mentioned this dude is an anticipatory thrower (like Nickel imo) and I love that because most high school or young QBs are just throwing darts to open dudes or jump balls to elite WRs

He just comes across as a really well prepared kid that’s got some tools. I like it

I think the Poff is pretty good. Everyone should just chill until we know if we’re getting an experienced FBS QB or not before raising pitchforks.

As D mentioned if this kid organically just wins the job over Emory, JB and another experienced QB so be it. The issue would be (understandably) if the Poff is brought in as THE guy now without much competition.

I thought Stetson Bennet before I watched @DMoney podcast and that’s exactly who he said. And I’m cool with that. Purdy is nasty at times he looks like Brady how accurate he is. His anticipation is great when he’s in rhythm and the running game is working. Credit to the SF HC he one of the best in the sport.

Yeah not saying this kid is Purdy but I watch Brock a ton and when people were giving the rest of the team all the credit I’m like yeah you’re just not watching what he does.

There’s that thing a QB has or doesn’t have when they walk up to the LOS you can just feel like they’re in control or they’re lost. Purdy always looks in control even when he makes a mistake it’s like he instantly knows what he did wrong so he can fix it

That type of thing can go a long way and I’m hoping that’s what we have here

Advertisement
I think the Poff is pretty good. Everyone should just chill until we know if we’re getting an experienced FBS QB or not before raising pitchforks.

As D mentioned if this kid organically just wins the job over Emory, JB and another experienced QB so be it. The issue would be (understandably) if the Poff is brought in as THE guy now without much competition.
This kid is nasty I’m calling it now so yall know

Pause

Give him the starting roll he has to adjust to the speed and once he gets that bruh. I’m excited about this pickup **** the arm strength that **** is way over rated in cfb and I used to go by that, but look at his quickness and anticipation……and can throw quick off one foot. Bruh we going to have open guys and if he hits them we going to eat. Still need a big fast rb that can break arm tackles next cycle. Pause

Yeah not saying this kid is Purdy but I watch Brock a ton and when people were giving the rest of the team all the credit I’m like yeah you’re just not watching what he does.

There’s that thing a QB has or doesn’t have when they walk up to the LOS you can just feel like they’re in control or they’re lost. Purdy always looks in control even when he makes a mistake it’s like he instantly knows what he did wrong so he can fix it

That type of thing can go a long way and I’m hoping that’s what we have here
Zach Wilson has everything he’s lost and can’t sense pressure and gives up. That’s why the jets only run plays he’s comfortable with then they blame the OC. Once he gets in a slump during a game it’s over for him. He just doesn’t see sh, even in the off season when he prepares that **** ain’t the same as direct missiles coming at you. Film stuff is great but if u can’t see it during a game u will be lost period. And that’s an overlooked trait at the qb spot.

Zach Wilson has everything he’s lost and can’t sense pressure and gives up. That’s why the jets only run plays he’s comfortable with then they blame the OC. Once he gets in a slump during a game it’s over for him. He just doesn’t see sh, even in the off season when he prepares that **** ain’t the same as direct missiles coming at you. Film stuff is great but if u can’t see it during a game u will be lost period. And that’s an overlooked trait at the qb spot.
I get the same vibes from Nickel. Seeing such anticipation from a sophomore is a good sign

Advertisement
Facts I haven’t read anyone’s take I put the film first but lce is right. Never looked at it like that but it’s true, throwing jump balls (pause) and into coverage yet we fall in love for the stars. I love the quickness that gets overlooked a lot of the time. 40’s ain’t **** that quickness is important though, he’s quick asf and got wheels. He looks well prepared and he ain’t just running he’s looking to throw while he thinks he’s going to take off. I want this dude starting day 1
That last sentence is big. You know more about evaluating football prospects than I do so I hope you are right.

Dawson seems to like him and Dawson knows the O needs to improve this year, so let's see what shakes out in the Spring.

I will say that I got excited about watching him break into the open field and run with surprising speed for QB. If he does win the starting role, man, I would love to watch him break off a long one against the Noles as a bit of payback for the Jordan Travis plays.

That last sentence is big. You know more about evaluating football prospects than I do so I hope you are right.
I just watch film like others I’m wrong a lot of times but this kid looks like a baller. The crazy more intriguing part to me is Mario and his roster management in being able to find guys I would never hear of. Remember Dawson found Stetson Bennet and offered him before UGA and Kirby

I get the same vibes from Nickel. Seeing such anticipation from a sophomore is a good sign
Yup hit on that eval I think he’s special and now he can wait his turn. I really like this Poff 🍔 Kid. My bad on the double post the ads won this battle.

Advertisement
YOU WIN OR LOSE IN THE TRENCHES...LOOKS LIKE THAT'S BEEN ACCOMPLISHED SO IF HE or another QB CAN EXECUTE THE PLAYS I BE HAPPY.

All we need is a QB to distribute the ball to his playmakers , this is all we need .

he just might a Bob Griese / Ken Dorsey type QB very smart. Distributing the ball was all he did and it got him to the Hall of Fame wearing huge glasses I might add.

Having a QB to do this is something very new to us . I’m tired of monster QB 25 star rating super dooper hero yet Pooh Pooh.

Also he might be a QB like Restrepo is in he brought nothing and became EVERYTHING.

We got a good one here

GOCANES

Advertisement

Always been the issue when these guys step up in weight class

Suddenly they get to Greentree and it’s like whomp whomp

I’m holding out hope that D is correct and we are still looking for a one year guy. One year guy this year, maybe this kid next year, Nickel after that…it’s a start

I actually agree with money on a qb for once in this poffdaddy dude pause. Quick *** first step gets going in a hurry on scrambles my question will be can he see it and throw it accurately vs the speed of a tougher scheddy. The tape looks good even if it’s against jags. I like scramblers like this not straight line Daniel jones TVD types. Everyone on planet earth knew when TVD would take off cause he took 2 whole Goldman seconds to start going, JB probably out races this dude (maybe not) but he ain’t quick cat like like this dude.
Uh, Daniel Jones can move, TVD ain’t nothing like him.

Uh, Daniel Jones can move, TVD ain’t nothing like him.
DJ runs in a straight line and teams are quick enough to know when he’s about to run. Not saying he can’t run but he doesn’t have quick twitch like a Manziel or a Jackson or a Bennett. Their first step and change of direction causes defenses fits.

DJ runs in a straight line and teams are quick enough to know when he’s about to run. Not saying he can’t run but he doesn’t have quick twitch like a Manziel or a Jackson or a Bennett. Their first step and change of direction causes defenses fits.
I agree, I’m just saying TVD is far worse. Dude got cinder blocks as feet.

Advertisement
Back