#CanesCampReport | E:12 | Spring 2015

Advertisement
yearby is one smooth cat!

I have a hard time believing that Edwards will take the RB position by the helm this year.

Btw, Elder is our best CB period! stop f*cking with him already. smh.

Last edited:
our defensive guys look quicker which means they will look much better missing tackles

Berrios is going to hurt someone's feelings again this year. Either waters or lewis. Might be another fight in the locker room. Lol.

Kamalu is going to be a beast.

Kaaya just has "it".

Advertisement
Couple of takeaways.

1. Kaaya still gets rattled in the rocket and some of those throws would have been interceptions for TDS against better competition. I want to see him handle adversity better this year from the pocket.

2. Still waiting for us to apply pressure on 1st and 2nd down instead of the predictable rush package on 3rd down. We have to mix it up against elite offensive teams in order to be successful. I read in another thread all of our sacks were on 3rd down. Hard to evaluate because our offense is terrible on 3rd down and that goes back to Kaaya playing under pressure.

3. This is probably the most talented team we've had across the board since golden been here. Will that translate into W's?? I understand his strategic approach to not unwavering and keeping steady with his plan. Now he has the players at each key position. He's not depending on freshman to play any impact position so we shouldn't hear any excuse about being young.

4. Herb Waters. Wtf No mention of him making any plays this spring and he's a SR on 3rd team. He needs to look in the mirror or transfer.

Advertisement
Two takeaways:

1. more bubble screens
2. our defense being shredded

looks just like last year and when Dorito said "it's catch up time for those that were redshirted" a lot of clarity was shed on this staffs mentality.

Two takeaways:

1. more bubble screens
2. our defense being shredded

looks just like last year and when Dorito said "it's catch up time for those that were redshirted" a lot of clarity was shed on this staffs mentality.
Outside of Yearby's td most of everything else was against the 2nd team defense...

Advertisement
Our D actually looked good. Look at the coverage by our secondary. A lot of passes from Kaaya were contested and we applied pressure. Only ballers on offense were yearby, berrios and scott.

Advertisement
Also lets take into consideration this is the same team that was 6-7 two months ago. Lets not expext miracles in such a short time.

We really wont be able to seriously evaluate until Aug. When they have had 5 months to workout and improve.

We've got a really solid shot at going undefeated. Now that Beard is here it's pretty obvious that the entire offense just has a different look to it. I can't put my finger on it because I haven't seen any practices or scrimmages, but things just feel different.

Defensively, we got rid of all the cancers like Chickillo and Perryman and replaced them with better guys who buy in and are more Canes-ish. It was also great to see Al fire that canker sore Franklin and steal Coach Melvin from the Super Bowl champs.

It all starts up front. I learned that listening to John Madden, so if it starts up front I'd rather start with the Super Bowl champion DL coach, who learned his craft under Belichick than some loser who came from Temple. Coach Melvin will be the difference in 2 or 3 games this year.

The only chance of significant improvement is when Kaaya becomes an all-american caliber qb. He's the only difference maker on the team that can bring out the best of everyone. Monitor his progression closely.

The only chance of significant improvement is when Kaaya becomes an all-american caliber qb. He's the only difference maker on the team that can bring out the best of everyone. Monitor his progression closely.
We were a couple bad bounces from winning 12 games last year. Kaaya is our best QB since Mike Rodrigue, so I fully expect him to be an AA this year and make plays all day.

Advertisement
Back