Canes vs who? Elimination game...

Advertisement
We aren't comparing 4 seeds and 2 seeds.

Yes we are. You're just lumping them all together which is an inaccurate way to measure probability.

We'll stick to 4 years since that's your favorite number apparently.

There were 256 teams that reached the NCAA Tournament.

32 National seeds
224 'Other' seeds

12 National seeds reached Omaha
20 'Other' seeds reached Omaha

12/32 = 37.5%
20/224 = 8.9%

You are mathematically illiterate.

There's no accurate mathematical measure in which you are right. You simply can't manipulate the numbers enough to make it come right.

You are stupendously stupid.

In the meantime, everyone in America realizes that national seeds are failing.

Don't walk it back now, coward.

You didn't say that national seeds are failing.

You said:

Except for the fact that being a national seed does nothing to help your chances.

The you backed it up with:

It makes no difference whether you are # 2 or # 3 or a non-NS # 1.

Both incredibly dumb statements. The numbers are simply too stubborn. You can't manipulate them enough to save face.

Advertisement
I put zero stock in college baseball recruiting numbers. Zero.

Oh for sure! Why would you?

I mean it only translates to winning pretty closely.

Show me the data for college baseball on recruiting rankings ranked after MLB signing day and how they correlate towards wins on the field.

I'll wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put zero stock in college baseball recruiting numbers. Zero.

Oh for sure! Why would you?

I mean it only translates to winning pretty closely.

Show me the data for college baseball on recruiting rankings ranked after MLB signing day and how they correlate towards wins on the field.

I'll wait.

im going to make a prediction. Actually a few.

One you will ultimately put Brian on ignore.
Two he will tell you how stupid you are, how your analysis was skewed, or how you don't understand ur numbers.

I'll wait.

I'll see what I can find but it just like college football.

People scream that recruiting rankings don't matter and then every year Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Florida State, etc. finish at the top of the lists and the polls.

im going to make a prediction. Actually a few.

One you will ultimately put Brian on ignore.
Two he will tell you how stupid you are, how your analysis was skewed, or how you don't understand ur numbers.

Your predictions are already wrong.

I don't think he's stupid. I'm willing to consider his position but I think it's wrong.

Advertisement

I'll wait.

The rankings are based on players who enroll at school each fall. Athletes who initially signed letters of intent with a school but then signed a pro contract after being drafted do not count in the overall evaluation.

Recruiting Results - Collegiate Baseball - Current

1. Vanderbilt
2. UCLA
3. Arizona St.
4. Louisiana St.
5. Clemson
6. Stanford
7. Florida
8. North Carolina
9. Miami (Fla.)
10. South Carolina

Florida Lands No. 1 Recruiting Class - Collegiate Baseball Newspaper

1. Florida
2. Mississippi St.
3. Florida St.
4. Miami (Fla.)
5. Oklahoma St.
6. Texas
7. Cal. St. Fullerton
8. Stanford
9. Oregon
10. Louisiana St.

LSU Lands No. 1 Recruiting Class In USA - Collegiate Baseball Newspaper

1. Louisiana St.
2. Wichita St.
3. Florida
4. San Diego
5. Oklahoma St.
6. Mississippi St.
7. Texas
8. Stanford
9. Virginia
10. Cal. St. Fullerton

Florida Captures 2015 Recruiting Title

1. Florida
2. South Carolina
3. Mississippi St.
4. Georgia Tech.
5. Vanderbilt
6. UCLA
7. Louisiana St.
8. Oregon
9. South Florida
10. Auburn

I'll wait.

I'll see what I can find but it just like college football.

People scream that recruiting rankings don't matter and then every year Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Florida State, etc. finish at the top of the lists and the polls.

College football is absolutely correct, recruiting rankings matter, and continue to matter more from a statistical standpoint in that sport.

That said, there is a huge confirmation bias at play in these recruiting rankings. How so, you may ask? The recruiting companies need subscribers/visitors first and foremost. Second, they need to look somewhat accurate to continue their ruse. They accomplish this by bumping the players who go to major programs up in their recruiting rankings once they commit or receive new offers.

Players who haven't played a down, or camped at one of their camps see huge bumps all the time. It's a game.

They also bump players who commit to the schools who pay for their services because fanbases require that their teams recruit at a certain level or pressure rises. Even though most programs I know of rarely actually rely on their services for much of anything, they pay for services to appeal to their fan base with the magical bump their players get when they commit to their school.

As for baseball, this is not nearly as prevalent and players who do not have nearly the camp events that they have in football. Fewer players are seen, and fewer still are evaluated for the college game, and are more often viewed through the lens of professional baseball, which is not the same animal.

Finally, last time I looked, Perfect Game did not have Miami in their top-5 recruiting rankings anyway. This was leading up to the draft in late May.

Oh Brian, never use Collegiate Baseball News. It's an aggregate compilation, which is how a team like Wichita State- which is trash- can finish second in their rankings one year because they signed something like 22 recruits.

Collegiate Baseball News is a nice little relic in the college baseball world, at a time when the coverage was nondescript and there wasn't much else, but nowadays, they are sort of laughed at by those in the industry.

People who use Collegiate Baseball News are the same people who think it's okay to manage the same way you did in 1994.

Advertisement
Oh Brian, never use Collegiate Baseball News. It's an aggregate compilation, which is how a team like Wichita State- which is trash- can finish second in their rankings one year because they signed something like 22 recruits.

They're the only one who has done a post draft ranking for that long.

I think you're wrong on this one. Which is fine.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back