Canes vs. Southern Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Outcome was never in doubt. Was it exciting? No lol... but we came out of the game healthy and I liked the response in the 3rd quarter

The positives for me were no injuries and some of our young guys who we need to develop look like they are coming along

On to A&M!

I’m holding off on Gattis until I see his offense against equal or better teams. We’ve been very vanilla and basic. If this is his offense against big boys we’re f’d. He showed a lot more at Michigan so like I said “ I’ll wait “.
we were running flea flickers and reverses….today wasn’t gattis holding plays back, he IS vanilla and basic. Michigan had a much better OL last year. He has one good year and people act like he’s elite. We’re going to have a crapload of close games this year

Couple of observations here

This Miami team lacks real top end talent. There are no real playmakers nor dynamic players on offense. If Restrepo is your "Guy" then that's a major problem. The RB's are all very average, Franklin being the guy that can probably carry a load. Parrish is a role player, being asked to be a leader (And I'm a huge fan of Parrish). I only see ONE player on the current roster at skill positions that shows SOMETHING different and dynamic, that was 83 WR. The WR talent level is very low, same for DB's. I would suggest you guys watch CFB games all day long and see that other teams simply have more skilled talent. As a skill position player you have to have at least ONE high level skill (Speed, Lateral explosiveness, PHYSICALITY, Size, etc)....most of our guys do not have ONE top end attribute. It is VERY evident.....and I mean that with regard to the upper level of CFB. Watch Bama vs Texas today....we don't have guys like that.

Mario will address those things in time.

The other thing I am confident in is that the OC is a very bad fit for Miami. His style of play and history of play calling is not and will not fit at Miami. This will likely be a 2 year journey that ends up with Gattis "Moving on" to another gig. That offensive style of play should NEVER BE AT MIAMI, FSU, UF, UCF ETC. It is lame, has not real imagination and in this day and age will not cut it. Even Saban does not run that old style of offense. It has been painful to watch. I'm confident there will eventually be a change at OC.

The DC is solid and the defensive staff is very solid. They just need better players. We lack LB's and DB's. The offensive staff will eventually be shook up and revamped. Miami should have tried to hire a guy like Lebby for OC and worked with him. This current OC will scare off top end talent in recruiting. No QB, RB, WR wants to play in that BS midswestern style of grind it out football. This is 2022

Miami will be fine, but because of the TYPE OF COACH MC is (Not a guru on either side of the ball) and the approach he is taking....it will take longer than you would like. He flat out could not find the OC he wanted, and had to bring in this guy, who again IMO (MY OPINION) is a bad fit at MIami (and I don't care about some awards bs)

Advertisement
we were running flea flickers and reverses….today wasn’t gattis holding plays back, he IS vanilla and basic. Michigan had a much better OL last year. He has one good year and people act like he’s elite. We’re going to have a crapload of close games this year
Formations. A flea flicker and a reverse isn’t opening the playbook lol. I’m talking formations and route concepts. The formations were basic just like last week. Michigan had a lot more different looks. I expect that too. Using more space versus inline , inside hashes. If this vanilla , basic crap is his offense we have huge problems. I just doubt it is.

Went to the game and had my first chance to see the 22’ Canes.

All I can say is I truly pray this offense was holding waaaaayyy back, both in style and tempo.

Advertisement
My thought was 0, 24 and 15 on the field at the same time. We are seeing 0 dropped down but where is 15 coming in at safety? I need answers on why he isn’t playing
I made it to the game late today because my son had baseball. Did Tae even dress? I didn’t see him play today

We had much better talent at WR last year with Rambo and Harley, but the glaring difference this year is no Rhett Lashlee. We are bland and average on offense and we are not the #15 ranked team in the country. Next week will obviously tell us all we need to know.

This felt like that central Michigan game a few years ago… really sloppy, I’ll take the win but can’t say I feel great going into next week
I will disagree on the sense that Manny allowed Central Michigan and App St to hang in the entire game.

In the 2nd half today, Miami whooped up on them and it wasn’t even close. They came out with a totally different energy level and execution.

Advertisement
Agreed, and to his credit he’s been injured and a leader on the team. Still, Arroyo and Mallory with one catch combined is unacceptable. Don’t know if it’s scheme or Van Dyke or what.
Yeah, it’s either really holding back on things (I hate making that excuse or even contemplating it) or the scheme is fvkked (I doubt that) where we only throw to running backs and Restrepo.

I will disagree on the sense that Manny allowed Central Michigan and App St to hang in the entire game.

In the 2nd half today, Miami whooped up on them and it wasn’t even close. They came out with a totally different energy level and execution.
One of the biggest differences, simply put, is that we don't look like a whole lot of fun to play against (with the exception of Ivey). I expect that will pay dividends in the second half of games this year.

It was a shame that Parrish's long TD was wiped out by the personal foul, but I loved watching Clark take his block into the second row of the stands. The OL wasn't sharp today but they had stretches of dominance in the run game that should still be considered an improvement on past seasons. Next week will be a huge test

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back