Canes vs Middle Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this team as structured should not take a loss like this. We have a ways to go but we aren’t devoid of talent and we do have a solid staff on paper now. It’s easy to lose track of that in this moment, as the moment is inexcusable but we are and should be better than this. This is not a full rebuild. For fvcks sake we should be a 8 or 9 win team in the ACC, that’s not a rebuild
We’ve been saying but what if they just aren’t. Maybe these dudes are just jags and they aren’t going to be spun into gold. Now losing to MTSU is 100% inexcusable. No reason that should happen. But at what point is this deeper than just coaching and the players are just average?

Advertisement
Where is all this talent?
Cb's are meh, lb's are meh, de's are meh, dt's meh, etc..........We don't have a single group that is talented. The rb group maybe, if healthy. Everything else is not p5 level.
That is reactionary to today. We aren’t a great team and I’ve been beating that drum for a long time. What I am saying is that in comparison to our schedule we are very good. Today was on Coaching and TVD letting us down but we are better than that.

Look Mario need to flip the entire roster in order for us to be elite but you just rebuild. It’s just not that. Today was an abomination that is on the staff. I also blame TVD because he was terrible but if Mario trots out Garcia sooner, we very well win this game.

That is reactionary to today. We aren’t a great team and I’ve been beating that drum for a long time. What I am saying is that in comparison to our schedule we are very good. Today was on Coaching and TVD letting us down but we are better than that.

Look Mario need to flip the entire roster in order for us to be elite but you just rebuild. It’s just not that. Today was an abomination that is on the staff. I also blame TVD because he was terrible but if Mario trots out Garcia sooner, we very well win this game.
No argument that it was an abomination but I choose to believe it is because the players just aren't that good.

We’ve been saying but what if they just aren’t. Maybe these dudes are just jags and they aren’t going to be spun into gold. Now losing to MTSU is 100% inexcusable. No reason that should happen. But at what point is this deeper than just coaching and the players are just average?
So… that is fair but that would mean a ton of missed evals. This entire Defense was rebuilt on transfers that did well elsewhere. Don’t over think this, it was middle Tenn state. This was a bad night for us. We win this game 99/100. The problem is that it should be 100/100 and the fashion we lost in was bad. When the season started ***its were talking bout 10+ wins. I always thought we were 8 or 9 wins. Today’s loss suggest we are 3-4 win team, and I just don’t believe that.

Advertisement
Usually a UF loss makes my week no matter what but this was dog****. Embarrassing.

Absolutely no reason for this loss.

Honestly I blame the players more than the coaches for this one. They should have more pride than this. This is the game where at halftime the leaders takeover the locker room and get the team right.

Tells me more that this team has no player leadership. Sad to see.

So… that is fair but that would mean a ton of missed evals. This entire Defense was rebuilt on transfers that did well elsewhere. Don’t over think this, it was middle Tenn state. This was a bad night for us. We win this game 99/100. The problem is that it should be 100/100 and the fashion we lost in was bad. When the season started ***its were talking bout 10+ wins. I always thought we were 8 or 9 wins. Today’s loss suggest we are 3-4 win team, and I just don’t believe that.
I agree that todays loss has no excuse. I’m talking about the narrative that this program just needed the right coach to compete for ACC titles as currently constructed. Today proved this program lacks any sense of mental fortitude and toughness. They just showed up expecting to win because there’s a U on the side of the helmet. Until that mentality gets purged from this program IDGAF who the HC is. I honestly believe when TVD **** himself to start the game, the defense mailed it in. I just don’t believe this team has the dudes to fix it. Maybe flipping the roster over more can help but I’m not holding my breath.

Advertisement
It's lame, boring and a failure. In 2022 whether you are in the NFL or CFB you need an quick footed athlete at QB and an up tempo O CULTURE. You don't even need a 6'4 monster. You can have a 6'0 stud athlete who can sling it all day and move quick and make decisions quickly.

Look at what Arkansas is doing to TexasA&M right now. IDK the end outcome of that game, but they are up 14-0 and driving. Look at how fast Huepel turned Tennessee around with his style (Same thing Frost and Heupel did at UCF). Look at what Riley is doing in a few weeks at USC. Look at what the "God of CFB" Saban had to do in order to win (Change to a more progressive style). How did Clemson surge to the top of CFB? They did it with up tempo attacking offense (and obv quality D). I cannot think of any team in the last 30-40 years that won NC's with this type of garbage offense. Maybe Alabama in 92??

I'm bored.....I'd rather watch other schools play than watch this garbage and that is not how you get ASSES IN SEATS FOR GAMES. EVERY FL school should be playing an up tempos high flying style of offense.
I don't get why Mario doesn't understand that

Because this team as structured should not take a loss like this. We have a ways to go but we aren’t devoid of talent and we do have a solid staff on paper now. It’s easy to lose track of that in this moment, as the moment is inexcusable but we are and should be better than this. This is not a full rebuild. For fvcks sake we should be a 8 or 9 win team in the ACC, that’s not a rebuild
I agree we shouldn’t lose like this but we have a ton of mental midgets on this team. They gave all they could last week this is that quintessential let down game. Unfortunately feelings play a factor we just don’t have that kind of talent to overcome coming out flat and spotting a team a two td lead.

Like they had any idea that middle Tennessee was gonna play fast?
I mean just totally unprepared. That’s on coach.

Advertisement
I agree that todays loss has no excuse. I’m talking about the narrative that this program just needed the right coach to compete for ACC titles as currently constructed. Today proved this program lacks any sense of mental fortitude and toughness. They just showed up expecting to win because there’s a U on the side of the helmet. Until that mentality gets purged from this program IDGAF who the HC is. I honestly believe when TVD **** himself to start the game, the defense mailed it in. I just don’t believe this team has the dudes to fix it. Maybe flipping the roster over more can help but I’m not holding my breath.
My post is based on my expectations, and I NEVER said we were ready to compete for ACC chips. I did however say we had enough talent to not only compete for the Coastal but we should be the odds on favorites more often than not. Now if you want to argue that point, then that’s fair. I do agree with you with our overall mental fortitude and why today happened. It’s a coin flip on what happens next

My post is based on my expectations, and I NEVER said we were ready to compete for ACC chips. I did however say we had enough talent to not only compete for the Coastal but we should be the odds on favorites more often than not. Now if you want to argue that point, then that’s fair. I do agree with you with our overall mental fortitude and why today happened. It’s a coin flip on what happens next
Not directed at you. More the sense of the board. Today was rough and it really makes me question if this program ever returns. UNC will tell me a lot about this staff. If they come out flat and uninspired hang it up. The program is dead.

Watched the whole debacle.

Pretty simple to fix. Benching TVD was the right move, just done too late. Every single player on this team should have not just a short leash, but a 1 strike policy. As soon as you do something stupid (Stevenson's fumble last week, TVD's first INT) you are out. Mario should let every player on this team know that there is a player hungry for their spot and if they aren't on campus right now, they will be next year. This was Golden's fatal flaw - playing trashy players just because they happened to wait in line and bide their time, with a younger, hungrier, better player sitting on the bench. Mallory shouldn't see the field again til he is pancaking people in practice on run blocks regularly.

No more earning a spot on the field because of the letter on your jacket. You earn a spot by being disciplined, playing hard, and being a dog. That depth chart needs a big shakeup.

Gattis O can work, but will require all conference C/G/T strongside with more runs out of the I and fewer stupid shotgun runs. If he can't scheme points on the board with the players he's been given, he's a bad O Coordinator. My HS OC knew where our strengths and weaknesses were and called plays accordingly. You don't get paid millions to try to cram a square peg into a round hole. Get gone if you can't adapt.

And ultimately this L comes down to talent+leadership ON THE FIELD. Where is it?

Guys like Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, they NEVER allow this bs to happen. Ever.

Guys like Santana Moss, Antrel Rolle, Buchanon, Meriweather, even Brock Berlin would have stepped up to make a play. Get the team going. Where are the dogs on this team? TVD showed he will slink off, he didn't fight back to keep his place on the field. How many times did this secondary get torched by a bunch of midget streaks? Literally 4 verticals from 5'8 WRs and these top-shelf athletes in our secondary getting burnt. Quick slants and they take it house because we can't tackle - STILL.

You know who steps up and lights that WR up? A dog.

We don't have enough of them.

I don't know that we have any of them. We might not have a single one.

And THAT is on Mario. Get some dogs in here. A lot of these boys played like a bunch of cats today, and you know the other word for that.

Advertisement
Watched the whole debacle.

Pretty simple to fix. Benching TVD was the right move, just done too late. Every single player on this team should have not just a short leash, but a 1 strike policy. As soon as you do something stupid (Stevenson's fumble last week, TVD's first INT) you are out. Mario should let every player on this team know that there is a player hungry for their spot and if they aren't on campus right now, they will be next year. This was Golden's fatal flaw - playing trashy players just because they happened to wait in line and bide their time, with a younger, hungrier, better player sitting on the bench. Mallory shouldn't see the field again til he is pancaking people in practice on run blocks regularly.

No more earning a spot on the field because of the letter on your jacket. You earn a spot by being disciplined, playing hard, and being a dog. That depth chart needs a big shakeup.

Gattis O can work, but will require all conference C/G/T strongside with more runs out of the I and fewer stupid shotgun runs. If he can't scheme points on the board with the players he's been given, he's a bad O Coordinator. My HS OC knew where our strengths and weaknesses were and called plays accordingly. You don't get paid millions to try to cram a square peg into a round hole. Get gone if you can't adapt.

And ultimately this L comes down to talent+leadership ON THE FIELD. Where is it?

Guys like Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, they NEVER allow this bs to happen. Ever.

Guys like Santana Moss, Antrel Rolle, Buchanon, Meriweather, even Brock Berlin would have stepped up to make a play. Get the team going. Where are the dogs on this team? TVD showed he will slink off, he didn't fight back to keep his place on the field. How many times did this secondary get torched by a bunch of midget streaks? Literally 4 verticals from 5'8 WRs and these top-shelf athletes in our secondary getting burnt. Quick slants and they take it house because we can't tackle - STILL.

You know who steps up and lights that WR up? A dog.

We don't have enough of them.

I don't know that we have any of them. We might not have a single one.

And THAT is on Mario. Get some dogs in here. A lot of these boys played like a bunch of cats today, and you know the other word for that.
This is the best and realest thing. should be pinned in every dam thread

Tae and kichens are dogs. Mario needs to establish the the dogs are and let it he be known.

Jake = dog

Jake and LT and Wesley and Tae and Kichens need to be given the keys to the entitilment of cursing out any player isnt living up to what it means to play like a cane. Once that happens leadership will development and the talent will show and affect others.

TVD needs to transfer. Kid doesnt even speak to players the whole game. Never in my life have Ive seen a player whos actions and playing time has shown he doesnt care and could careless. Never in my life seen a qb who doesnt even talk to his teamates. didnt even celebrate after his td. walked to sideline and spoke to nobody. Seemed like he didnt even know what the score was

All on Mario - did not see this happening under him. Hope he stops hiding behind words and makes massive deph chart and playing time changes and subsituion times and keeping the best players in

And you are still better than them...you are blessed

Not only am I scared of UNC, I am scared of the whole ACC!! You know what, I was wrong....I should have been scared of the Middle Tennessee too. Blast me for saying we were going to lose 2-3 games in the coastal. I give you props for even showing back up but.....man you were way off on this team. This team going to struggle to even win 6 games

No one saw this coming. We all expected a win and we should have.

These guys failed and the shock and sting needs to sit with them for a long time.

This was either the wake up call needed that will lead to a big turnaround or it is the beginning of a long troubling skid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back