Canes vs Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Sad to say but I agree. King's pass was timed perfectly. Would have been a turn and burn for the end zone. Maybe Pope was thinking ahead. It looked to me that he got distracted by the DB jumping in front and took his eyes off the pass.
Trying to catch the ball with his body. Let the ball through his hands into his chest.

Well drive before that was a Campbell penalty, then egregious drop by Pope, then another Campbell penalty. Then there was a clear "roughing the kicker" penalty that wasn't. We're either shooting ourselves in the foot or the refs are shooting us in the foot. UL is doing jack sh#t.
Then there was the OL penalty that killed a 74-yard play to Mallory.

Advertisement
We have tight splits and no push.....our combo blocks haven't been working well outside of 1 run for Cam early in the game. Defenders are splitting them and the ends are crashing down for the slow developing stuff.

I would love to see some stretch plays like Louisville runs, or an end-around on what looks like a QB sweep....stop Louisville from crashing.

I sort of agree, but we're clealry an IZ team. We saw how OZ worked for this OL last year, nope!
Gotta create a stretch type play out of OZ , that's why the bubble screens worked here and there.
There's other ways..
Lashlee has been calling this game like a boss, I'd like to see a little less QB runs, but he's setting something up I'm sure.

Advertisement
Legend's Halftime Breakdown: Manny went weak on that final drive. Should have tried to bury them with 1:40 left and 2 TOs with such great field position. The football gods hate that sort of ****. Hopefully, it doesn't bite us in the ***. They were ready to die, and we run QB dives trying to run out the clock.

I've been one of Pope's biggest valets, but get him out of the game. He could have caught that TD early. Hit him in the hands. Then, he had that huge drop when we were ready to end them.
Yeah, I hope it doesn't bite that *** like ECU '99.

Nobody said they were complex... they have A lot of speed tho. Don’t know why Tutu ain’t utilized more this far...
You are correct. I also believe we have effectively schemed Tutu out if the game so far. The only way he has been able to get the ball so far is on quick outs, and jet sweeps

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would let Pope concentrate on WR ONLY, let him learn that, he is not the MAN, lets make him a good WR and let someone else handle returns.
If Gurvan is reliable at grabbing down the punts let him do it

Agree that Pope needs to just focus on WR... he should spend an extra hour or so on the jugs machine just catching balls

We have tight splits and no push.....our combo blocks haven't been working well outside of 1 run for Cam early in the game. Defenders are splitting them and the ends are crashing down for the slow developing stuff.

I would love to see some stretch plays like Louisville runs, or an end-around on what looks like a QB sweep....stop Louisville from crashing.
Anybody with a pulse
K.Smith can stretch the field

cant wait until Payton comes back next week

Redding had a great block earlier.he looks the part but needs more opportunities.

im not mad lashlee didnt rush, we lost our rythmn after the pope drop. you didnt want a ***** up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back