Canes vs Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
UL's D Coordinator seems keenly focused on not allowing us to run the ball. We have 79 yards rushing at the half.

Passing into that zone defense should continue to be successful as long as we dont target Pope. lol

We have tight splits and no push.....our combo blocks haven't been working well outside of 1 run for Cam early in the game. Defenders are splitting them and the ends are crashing down for the slow developing stuff.

I would love to see some stretch plays like Louisville runs, or an end-around on what looks like a QB sweep....stop Louisville from crashing.

Advertisement
I think it is psychological with Pope. He plays with zero confidence and swagger. With the God given talent he has, as a 3rd year player he should be making a case for going to the league early.

Just can't figure this kid out. Gotta play the young guys at this point.

I said it during previous Pope discussions... he isn’t confident

Pope does have potential but he's a junior and time is running out. You can tell he's not a confident player. I'd keep playing him so he can gain confidence but I'd start limiting his reps.

Advertisement
Wow. 72 post and you are a talent guru
The issue with Mark Pope is he catches with his body, that's a big no no for a WR, that was Lawrenge Cagers biggest problem. Even when he's back there as a PR he does that as well, also that's a no no.
He's gotta attack it like a bball player, see Brevin with his hands.

Advertisement
Pope does have potential but he's a junior and time is running out. You can tell he's not a confident player. I'd keep playing him so he can gain confidence but I'd start limiting his reps.
If a 3rd year WR doesn't have the confidence by now, he'll never have it.

Grab a cold one and let's get after it in the 2nd half
Happy Hour Drinking GIF
The nerds are always the best chuggers.

Legend's Halftime Breakdown: Manny went weak on that final drive. Should have tried to bury them with 1:40 left and 2 TOs with such great field position. The football gods hate that sort of ****. Hopefully, it doesn't bite us in the ***. They were ready to die, and we run QB dives trying to run out the clock.

I've been one of Pope's biggest valets, but get him out of the game. He could have caught that TD early. Hit him in the hands. Then, he had that huge drop when we were ready to end them.
I think he pushed himself out of bounds in the end zone bomb.

Advertisement
Listen Pope needs more confidence... as long as were up feed him the ball.

We cry ***** and moan when guys like him commit someone else but crucify the **** out of him when he makes some bad plays

He’s made one play in 3 years. Shot or get off the lot

Our boys need to keep their heads on to start this half. You know Loserville is gonna come out guns blaze'n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back