Canes vs Longhorns - Regional Final Game 1 - 6pm ESPNU/ESPN+

@scane, this is sad that we're talking about the d*** grass. Is this tongue in cheek, because it's below your usual great analysis and objective commentary?
Don't pick on the capable SCANE, who has suffered more than most in the hot sun, and his grass is ***.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cannot stand when people talk about Texas bbq. They have the 5th best bbq in the country. It’s only impressive to the simpletons that live there.

Advertisement
He’s a good guy though
He might be. I’ve never thought he was a competent pitching coach and I can tell you why I completely gave up several years ago.

I emailed him about a sophomore pitcher in Ohio who was better than a lot of guys he had been recruiting. JD didn’t respond for several days so I forwarded to Gino.

Gino did respond within a few hours and clearly had researched the player and asked me to connect him to the parents, which I did. He actually tried pretty hard to get the kid to come camp but there were some other issues so that didn’t work out. He was a legit high D1 player. But, Gino at least followed up. JD apparently couldn’t be bothered from missing lunch to talk to anybody.

There is a reason I say JD is lazy and a poor coach.

Scinta heading to the bullpen

Be better if it was SANTA instead…maybe he could bring us a couple of pitchers or he could stop by the dugout and drop us off a couple of coaches that knew WTF they were doing…just a thought.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That was my main theory, but the tracks look almost like wheels went through diamond dry. It’s been bugging me for two days.
I was thinking the tarp wasn't perfectly flat on the grass.. has some areas with a little air under it and those areas didn't burn as bad. It's really hard to tell without being able to walk out and look at it up close. They don't stay on it long enough with the tv broadcast. It's definitely something the ground crew did tho.

Advertisement
Back