Canes vs Longhorns - Regional Final Game 1 - 6pm ESPNU/ESPN+

Advertisement
I thought we could patch our way into tomorrow night, but in the end it was always going to be the pitching. It has been since the fall.
You are not wrong, but our situational hitting (LOB) has been far from good... we scored under 5 runs 18 times.
(add an exclamation point for Yoyo's AB)

Last edited:
Wow that was brutal...a big hit or a HR would have put Miami back in it. Gna go out with a whimper like every other yr

Down 6 and guys are up there rolling over and popping up on first pitches. Really doesn’t get any worse than that. Such a clear indication these coaches don’t say a word to the kids or ask them to make any in game adjustments.

Advertisement
Down 6 and guys are up there rolling over and popping up on first pitches. Really doesn’t get any worse than that. Such a clear indication these coaches don’t say a word to the kids or ask them to make any in game adjustments.
It’s not so much about in game adjustments. You generally are what you are once the game starts. The problem is everything that leads up to the game. It’s not good. You aren’t fixing that mid game.

it's just shocking how bad the baseball program is run.

no excuse for it, but that's what we have. and it's not going to change

Advertisement
It’s not so much about in game adjustments. You generally are what you are once the game starts. The problem is everything that leads up to the game. It’s not good. You aren’t fixing that mid game.
I’ve already mentioned this coaching staff must not scout anybody, bc there’s no plan going into the game. But you can absolutely make in game adjustments at the plate, depending on what the score, situation, what the pitcher is doing, etc. But this team doesn’t do that either.

Advertisement
Miami has no home field advantage as well, the stadium has been a morgue the entire regional. literally the quietest regional hands down

Advertisement
I’ve already mentioned this coaching staff must not scout anybody, bc there’s no plan going into the game. But you can absolutely make in game adjustments at the plate, depending on what the score, situation, what the pitcher is doing, etc. But this team doesn’t do that either.
I’m sure they don’t do much scouting. They are lazy. I just meant you aren’t going to take a team who does things a certain way (and not good) and then change it mid game. This is the team we’ve seen all year and, frankly, for many years. It’s what we are.

Bottom 3 hitters are almost automatic outs vs decent pitching.

Batters 2 through 6 swing for fences.

Pitching staff has one quality starter and one excellent closer.

Team has 5 really good players, the rest aren't tournament caliber.
That’s what a lazy, unqualified, and entitled staff gets you. At least we didn’t go 0-2 in the ACC Tournament!

Advertisement
Back