Canes vs gator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Look, I'm happy as anyone, but we benefited from two colossal fúckups by the Gators.

Shaq has gotten caught in no mans land a few times. Mullen isn't blind, he'll see that too.

In the second half, Shaq needs to be more sound.
That's football, and I will take it.

CC417903-3F0F-443A-A529-F47AE36ACEF2.jpeg

Jarren poised in the pocket, the kid is calm. Those ***ing penalties, 8 to UF's 1. Stop this bull****.

Advertisement
The thing about these stupid penalties is that if we can just eliminate the majority of them, and then get even average play from our Freshman OT's this season, I'm REALLY ******* pumped for this season. It's going to be awesome to watch. Can't wait to see Lingard too

Advertisement
No matter the outcome today. Our tackles and qb only gonna get better from here.
Agree, Campbell had a rough first half with multiple penalties, got beat a couple of times but I am encouraged by the two young tackles. Jarren, just take care of the ball in the second half

Advertisement
Guarantee there’s a whole lot of finger pointing and yelling going on in that Gaytor locker room.

I hate this idea we need to keep the foot on the gas defensively and offensively we do need to run the ball more but not trying to run the clock out you won’t win that way

That guy has Been Shannon-Golden-Richt-ized.

Jarren has been underfire this entire time and hasn’t folded. He just lead a drive that started at his own 10 and converted through multiple 1st and 2st and 15+.

We gotta continue to play our game. And especially when it comes franks. Make this guy beat you with his arm. You’ve seen his throws beyond 10 yards he can’t make them.

Advertisement
C'mon bruh the penetration and TFLs aren't there but the interior has stood tall against a physical power blocking scheme with a back that always falls forward for extra yards. Couldn't ask for more. This is the most sound post-snap we've looked against the run in a while.
I'm talking about penetration - that's what Willis brought last year. Often by playing recklessly, but we haven't replaced it yet.

I hate this idea we need to keep the foot on the gas defensively and offensively we do need to run the ball more but not trying to run the clock out you won’t win that way
Thats knieve. Were lucky the gators gave it too us TWICE. Im happy just as much as anyone that were up but we gotta prevent the big play. sometimes its necessary to take your foot off the pedal. If we play sound football we win

Advertisement
Geaux Canes! Been a minute since I stopped by here. I think for once we are all on the same team and mutually hate Florida.

Thought Miami won the half.

Defense bent a little, but the turnovers stopped Florida.

Florida to me is playing vanilla and scared. A lot of spread bunch formations to dink and dunk. A lot of off tackle and RPO runs. Franks is not a great downfield passer and doesn’t do well in pressure situations. The offense doesn’t require him to do much and as you saw on the last drive he folds.

In last years opener LSU played fast and physical. In this game Florida is only playing fast outside of bullying two freshman OT’s.

I thought y’alls QB grew a lot from Q1 to Q2. Later in the game started to find Jordan and Thomas more. As well as getting the ball in Dallas’s hands.

Good luck the second half! Geaux Canes!
I too am surprised by Mullens game plan. I thought he would try to play big boy fb, and considering their backs are rarely going down on initial contact, it's strange to see him call the kind of game hes been calling.

Whatever.

Lucky plays? The Gator fumble, the DJ long gain, the Jordan TD. Well, think of the bad luck that befell the Canes in recent years. The deflected pass that FSU ran in for a TD. The missed extra point against FSU. The long gainer to Dalvin Cook. Teams make luck and take advantage of it. I am not ashamed if my team is lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back