Canes vs Central Connecticut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
- Tad Foote hired Paul Dee. Paul Dee hired Coker and Shannon. SUCKED
- Shalala hired Hocutt, Eichorst and James. Hocutt hired Golden, Eichorst EXTENDED Golden. James hired Richt AFTER he was fired and Diaz within hours of Richt's declining his buyout. SUCKED

- Frenk hired no one. Who will he get to replace James? Well, since Frenk is the Mexican version of Shalala, you can expect more of the same.

It goes above the President, people. Kirk Herbstreit is correct. The school does not care. Has not cared. Success landed in its lap.

If I'm not mistaken, Shalala wanted to hire Barry Alvarez to replace Butch, but he decided to extend his contract with Wisconsin (he said there wasn't enough time to negotiate a contract) . Then she wanted to hire Alvarez as HC and Athletic Director (both, apparently) to replace Coker, but he decided that he didn't want to return to coaching.

Now this is not a defense of Shalala, but it is interesting that she is accused of not caring about football, yet when she took over Wisconsin she was committed to bringing back football there and fired the AD and HC in her 3rd year (1989) and by 1993 the Badgers were in the Rose Bowl. Alvarez said Shalala would give the program anything it asked for, and he even got her involved in recruiting.

So it is odd that she would care about football in one place and not the other. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I think she cared a lot more about football than Frenk does, she demonstrated that at Madison. A key difference is Wisconsin was a good academic school already. UM was still suntan U and she was focused on improving academics more than athletics. So I suppose you can say she didn't have her priorities right (that athletics should be first) but I don't think it's fair to put her in the same category as Frenk, who I think is someone who would not care one bit if Miami did away with sports altogether.

Last edited:
Dont worry guys Manny is playing 4D chess. You cant get special teams practice & reps or create adversity if you don't take some sacks, drop some passes, or ever have to punt. #TrustTheProcess

Advertisement
Advertisement
Connecticut Culinary had time to cook a perfect Chicken Tetrazini ... AND... make adjustments during Halftime... meanwhile, we decided to draw up plays for recievers who can't catch the ball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back