Canes vs Cajuns - Elimination Game - Noon ESPN2/ESPN+

Advertisement
Just idle follow-up on yesterday's strange action, where guy was taken out of game then put back in:
1685905762234.png

So Johny Bench singles to first, slips(?) as he crosses base and limps(?) a bit. Jacoby Long (or whomever) pinch-runs, and steals second. After a successful inning, game continues, and Johny back behind the plate. Hmmn....

Pitchers that won't be available tonight

Gage (maybe he can give an inning or 2 tommorow)
Ligon
Rafe
Rosario
AOD (he was down to 91 mph by the 9th, I doubt he can give you anything else tonight or tomm)

I’d tell Walters to keep moving and be ready for 1-2 tonight and if that happens he’s obviously down tomorrow Or you sit him and hope he is ok for 1 tomorrow. But Ziehl could throw 2 tomorrow in a closer type situation as it’s likely a pen day for him.

Need a sharp Gallo tonight. Give us a chance.

A few of these kids have pro futures but throwing. Little extra or on short rest one or two weekends isn’t going to hurt them. If they are hurt it’s because of a total seasons workload. So if we can piece together tonight we can def piece together tomorrow because Texas will be down to nothing as well.

Advertisement
Gonna need Gallo, Chestnutt, Leq, Torres to provide multiple innings over the next two games. And HIT obviously

Advertisement
Just idle follow-up on yesterday's strange action, where guy was taken out of game then put back in:
View attachment 240657

So Johny Bench singles to first, slips(?) as he crosses base and limps(?) a bit. Jacoby Long (or whomever) pinch-runs, and steals second. After a successful inning, game continues, and Johny back behind the plate. Hmmn....
Yesterday was due to the new Ncaa concussion protocol.

Advertisement
I’d tell Walters to keep moving and be ready for 1-2 tonight and if that happens he’s obviously down tomorrow Or you sit him and hope he is ok for 1 tomorrow. But Ziehl could throw 2 tomorrow in a closer type situation as it’s likely a pen day for him.

Need a sharp Gallo tonight. Give us a chance.

A few of these kids have pro futures but throwing. Little extra or on short rest one or two weekends isn’t going to hurt them. If they are hurt it’s because of a total seasons workload. So if we can piece together tonight we can def piece together tomorrow because Texas will be down to nothing as well.
If tomorrow comes, you can get 3 out of Gage and Walt. Just gotta find 6 competitive innings and hope the bats show up.

Advertisement
Yesterday was due to the new Ncaa concussion protocol.
I thought they said he was allowed back in because of the above rule... I checked and there really is such a rule, but dang it sure could be abused by a team the way it sounds

Hoping for a lot of runs but the options tonight would most likely be Gallo then Leq, Scinta, Torres, maybe Chestnutt? No one else could be trusted...no way Rafe can throw and Walters would be doubtful no?

Hoping for a lot of runs but the options tonight would most likely be Gallo then Leq, Scinta, Torres, maybe Chestnutt? No one else could be trusted...no way Rafe can throw and Walters would be doubtful no?
You have to save Chestnutt for tomorrow. The only way he pitches tonight is if about 4 people get shelled in front of him? and it’s only the 3rd inning. But that likely means it’s about 15-2 and the season is over anyway.

Advertisement
Back