Canes vs. Birds With Teeth

Advertisement
Live by Newton die by Newton. He has the ability to do things others don't, but makes a lot of low IQ plays on both ends. Murphy has the same tendencies at times.

Advertisement
With a 9 scholly team, this is basically a "make the tourney for experience sake" year.
Hopefully we make a deep run next year.

Two things cost UM this game today...and one was not coaching.

Make free throws and lay-ups/dunks and it's a win. Very simple.

A third factor could've been that nothing was called on the Louisville bigs at all in the second half. Seriously...when was the last time that anyone saw a player swat down at a ball, make contact with the arm...and it's a clean block?

Advertisement
We were up 14 in this game just to remind ya'll

I'm going to remind you when ended the game with 7 schollie players and we were on the road against the # 4 team and the game was decided with 30 seconds left. Stop acting like we lost a home game against FAMU. ******* Christ.

Advertisement
These last few sequences have been absolutely pathetic. This team is garbage, so sick of this team falling apart in the second half.

I hate to be this guy, but how many times can this happen before some blame falls on coaching? This has become very hard to swallow.

Sweet 16 is the ceiling with him as a HC

I mean, seriously, just stop making yourself look so **** dumb.

Advertisement
This wasn't a game that I had chalked down as a win, but it was frustrating nonetheless. When you have a chance to steal one on the road, you have to cash in, and Ja'Quan Newton cost this team. Newton is a selfish player at times, and he has a pathetically low basketball IQ, and that's a deadly combination when you are manning the point. Can this team make the NCAA Tournament? Yes, this loss doesn't hurt those chances at all, but it is obvious that Newton at the point limits what this team can be. With a real PG, this team could be dangerous in March, unfortunately, I believe this team is a one and done type, if Newton doesn't find a way to ***** it up before then. I'm looking forward to seeing how Newton plays next year, with a real PG doing the work, and him being at his natural position, which is an undersized two.

Why did Lecomte have to transfer? Why couldn't Newton have left instead?

True...

Problem is that I don't think Lecomte would have been as good as a sixth man, Quan was one of the nation's best in that role last year. In a perfect world, Lecomte would have tolerated a redshirt year, and then come back this year and teamed with Quan. Unfortunately, Manu wasn't willing to do that, even though that's exactly what happened when he transferred.

AustinCane is a joke. The guy who called for Reed to graduate already and said that Murphy is having a terrible career at Miami. Talk about zero credibility.

Advertisement
Back