Canes vs. Bama 2021 Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Even the announcers saying it ,we won't see this type of defense again this year. Im not happy about getting beat either but saying we suck and calling for heads in game 1 against Alabama is just stupid O line looked decent. Play calling was a big issue in this more than anything. Defense looked decent just can't ask them to be on the filed all day again a team like this.
Defense gave up 27 in the first half. It’s like LSU in 18, people pointed that they didn’t perform that bad because the game was already in hand in the second half. Look, I agree that let’s see how we look against the ACC, that makes sense in a vacuum but the defense looks exactly the same as it always does against any team with a pulse. Oh and just checking the defense gave up over 500 yds today…

Advertisement
We got bullied up front but most of the board expected that. The fact that Manny let Lashlee believe this was the gamellan is a different story. We didn't attempt to exploit Bama with TEs or use our speed at all. We left known Jags like Scaife, Hall, McCloud, Jennings, Steed, Ivey, Harris in the game far too long. Those are obvious fixes that Manny won't and hasn't made.
I said coming in the ol was my biggest fear , which was terrible early. On top of that Lashlee sucked and seemed overwhelmed. The positive is Oluwassen might have the rt job solidified. If he doesn’t start next week then manny needs ripped.

We need to sign all 3 cb commits we have and sign Singletary. Have Stevenson and Couch lead our corners next season with James, Avantae, and Kam at safety.

Advertisement
back 7 on defense is poo poo. Defensive Line I thought competed well in the trenches today. Keontra Smith really showed up and showed well

I agree in the sense that the only time teams trouble Alabama is when they spread it out and throw the ball around.

You're simply not beating these ****ers in a phone booth. The run should be used to keep them off balance, not to set up the pass.
We did that plenty of times last year in games. Run up the middle for no gain, over and over and over again. Didnt that happen against UAB for instance?

Advertisement
We just don't have a single guy who can start for Alabama. Or Clemson. Probably Georgia and a couple others. That's just where CFB is. You have 5-6 teams that can do something, that relative handful of teams that have basically become the NFL's farm system, and a bunch of garbage beyond that. We're part of the garbage. It's really boring unless you're a fan of Alabama or Clemson, and this boredom will end up being the death of college football. I know that I've consistently lost interest, and am probably not alone across the country.
That’s not true. Hedley would start for them. 😂

Well they do have three former NFL head coaches and one being the greatest college coach ever. So yeah they did out coach us , but if you watched those trenches , looked at the players and the first thing you took from that is “ outcoached” we just won’t agree.
Agree 100% on the trenches...thats why is inexplicable to me that we would try to run so much up the middle. Even doing it on back to back plays. I don't understand that.

Advertisement
easy, King isn't really a Qb. Great playmaker, happens to have a solid to good arm. His inexperience shows every time we are in a big game. Garcia would be starting over King at a lot of schools. I would roll the dice
Welp, we just saw VD out there with the rest of the starting O vs Bama 2nd/3rd string and that drive did nothing. The game wouldve been the same with VD and Garcia out there. Wouldnt have change the outcome of this game.

Also, we need to get rid of the chain. Feel like it’s been a bad luck charm since 2018. It’s pathetic to bring it out when we’re down 30+ points.
To think about it... It might legit be bad luck. The first player to wear it, had his football career ended.... With...a....neck injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back