Canes v. UVA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The D played great Manny could have been a little more aggressive being that they can't throw. But that loss was on the offense and CMR
The only difference manny couldve done is simply put a spy on the qb. But I understand why he didnt. Who would we trust with that responsibility? Pickney we needed in his role for run stopping,shaq just not quick enough for that guy & finley's who would be the ideal call just isnt disciplined enough. You saw that on that rpo in the 1st quarter. This was entirely on the offense & that worthless ***** odebingo.

The only difference manny couldve done is simply put a spy on the qb. But I understand why he didnt. Who would we trust with that responsibility? Pickney we needed in his role for run stopping,shaq just not quick enough for that guy & finley's who would be the ideal call just isnt disciplined enough. You saw that on that rpo in the 1st quarter. This was entirely on the offense & that worthless ***** odebingo.
I think he should have challenged them more to beat us outside and smother the runs by the QB and backs

Dee, if I'm wrong let me know but with the lack of discipline Tito played with, especially that PF at the end I'd have Nesta in the rotation. It least if he makes a mistake it's a lesson for the young beast to learn.

Guys I'm so disgusted. All the skill positions talent and borderline great D is a waste with a horrible special teams, offensive play calling and QB play. You take Perry out for Rosier really! Taking Perry out I get it but you either let him learn or put JW in and let him rock.

Richt needs to take all blame. It's his fault. We should not lose to a UVA team or just about any other team when they only score 13 points. It's pathetic and I'm tired of some of the fanbase talking like we gonna blow teams out then talk **** to the fans that are worried about the same a opponent like a UVA just because we are more talented. All that talent got us beat 13-10 because of poor coaching.

Advertisement
Dee, if I'm wrong let me know but with the lack of discipline Tito played with, especially that PF at the end I'd have Nesta in the rotation. It least if he makes a mistake it's a lesson for the young beast to learn.
That works at several positions for us but it's clearly not our approach. For what it's worth I'd agree.

This is one of those instances the baby catches the bullets... I ain't hot at yall. And it right but the topic is SOOO played at this point. Anyone involved with play calling to any extent should get a demotion. That's richt as oc,Tb & dugans as co oc... this game plan week in and week out is pathetic. How do we do any film study & come up with the same **** weekly. Hold players to a standard they clearly dont hold themselves. I apologize to all who took this the same way as u. Ur right that certain parts of it could be explained better. If u read this weekly though u realize why it's not explained in advance.
I can respect that

That isn’t how it works, man. 3.8 yards per play is elite. Look around the NCAA. Alabama allows a full yard more than that per play. I’m getting off the board for a bit. Have a good night.
The point I was trying to make was that UVA was giving themselves 3rd and short based on their short passing strategy. The announcers said at the beginning of the game that UVA had a high 3rd down conversion rate. It was very obvious what they were doing. This is not a knock on our defense. It's a knock on our offense. Richt is going for the big plays. It wasn't until midway thru the 4th qtr that he started calling short passing plays for Rosier that he could have called for Perry in the 1st qtr.

At this point in the season, Richt's play calling sucks. The man is so **** stubborn it's ridiculous. He's going to say we didn't execute and that is true. However, he is not helping the team with his passing philosophy. I watched Notre Dame 3 times this year since they changed QB. Their QB is completing nearly 70% of his passes. They are doing this by using a quick passing attack with times throws. Lots of slants, quick outs, and short sticks. The QB takes a 3 step drop, plants and fires. All timing. When the defense starts cheating up, then they go deep for big plays.

I remember in high school we use to steal (take from film) a few of our opponents best plays and use them in subsequent games. Richt doesn't do that either.

Richt's offense is all 10+ yards or more. It's a big chunk offense. Why he is so **** stubborn is beyond me. In the last drive (our only TD), Rosier matriculated the ball down field with short passes and screens. Why did it take CMR more than 50 minutes of the game to figure it out. All too late.

The Oline is terrible. It's the worst since the Richt era despite him claiming they have improved each year. Knowing we have an offensive line that can't sustain blocks and doesn't create running lanes, it's woefully obvious we need a short passing game. Get the RBs and WRs the ball in space and let their athleticism create chunk plays.

It's so **** frustrating when everyone including the game announcers can see the glaring problems and know the solutions that can help, but the coach plows ahead with his gameplan to prove to everyone he is right.

Richt can't get out of his own way. The man refuses to look himself in the mirror and change. Some people are stuck in their ways and will never change. The best coaches are the ones that are able to adapt the quickest. As much as I despise the man, Jimbo Fisher is one of the best at doing that. So many times FSU beat us after we had the lead because he adapted his play calling at halftime. Richt doesn't do that. He's like, "I'm going to prove to you that my game plan was right." I don't see him ever changing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back