Canes v UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be in every game we play because of our defense so we always will have a chance....
This offense needs to be retooled, got to get score more points period man

Advertisement
This "other than being undefeated, we suck" crowd can suck all of the ****s.

We are not good enough to dominate, but I think we're good enough to beat anybody. Also inconsistent enough to play average teams close. Just have to win, that's all that matters.

We win out, and style points won't matter.

Listen.. and listen well.. UNC was 1-7, injury riddled, 3rd string QB, terrible offense, terrible O-line, terrible defense statically, they had nothing to play for and barely a leg to stand on literally and figuratively. They out gained us 428 to somehow 415 in total yards. We got 4 turnovers.. FOUR and barely beat 1-7 team. Tell me, you think UGA fans, even the ones that support Richt, aren't looking at how we look right now and how they are playing and saying "Man, I wish we had coach Richt back" ?

I for one will have the lube in hand when we play VT and ND. And some of you want that game on National TV.......... Why? so every recruit can see we aren't even close? I really hope VT somehow loses to Duke which ain't happening.

I'm flat out tired of Rosier... someday we will get Perry in and all will be well, until then I have little to no trust in Rosier to lead us if needed

This can't be. [MENTION=912]cubin10[/MENTION] said he was one of the best in the nation and we have a stupid fan base.

For the record i love Malik, but he's not going to contend for major championships. Just reality and there is nothing wrong with stating such. He's just to inconsistant and today he is throwing the ball like edward scissorhands. He hasn't throw the ball in front of, nor has he thrown a good spiral today.

Go back and read what I wrote simply that he was nominated for two awards, how you can come up with saying, I ever said e is a great quarteback. You caarefully re-read what I wrote. Malik Rosier is the quarterback, we all no he has faults and weaknesses, but the kid has never lost at the U. I personally am all about the final score Miami won. I would expect a better effrot, better coaching and smart play next week. So you might want to see who Malik is, accept and root for the kid and the team.

I root for Malik every week. He's a solid gamer, but there is nothing wrong with being realistic either. I love W's, as does most everyone else, but i don't want to be a team that makes the ACCCG and gets the brakes beat off of them. Building for and competing for titles is the goal. You called people stupid to think that MR could be outplayed through spring ball and camp and be replaced. You thought it never happens and it does.

"I wonder how many junior quaterbacks who are lists of thebest in the nation can be questioned. " Also this is what you wrote. One could easily infer that you were calling him on lists of the best in the nation. Maybe it's not what you meant, but it's not my fault you didn't proof read.

Last edited:
It's an ugly win... it happens. There were things that showed up this game that wasn't an issue before, like sustaining drives. That can get cleaned up.

Probably took this team for granted bc of all the injuries and looking ahead to VT. Classic trap game on the road but we won.

Travis Homer isn't on Mark Waltons level as a rb though. Thats ok bc that's why he was 2nd string and not a starter.But Mark Walton would've given our offense Better production in both pass blocking and carrying the load.

Ahmmon Richards has always had issues with drops.. stoped a few last year in crucial moments as well. Hopefully he figures it out which is possible.

We are not a good defensive team... our overall rank says so and our obvious issues with stopping the run. Take tale sign of a defense that's a work in progress.

Offense needs work, play calling needs work but execution is the biggest issue. Rosier seemed to lock on one receiver too many times this game. Needs to step it up.

All in all very ugly game but we are still undefeated.

Im seriously asking but what did Walton do vs UNC last year

I don't know but what does that have to do with this year??

Advertisement

We are not good enough to dominate, but I think we're good enough to beat anybody. Also inconsistent enough to play average teams close. Just have to win, that's all that matters.

Listen.. and listen well.. UNC was 1-7, injury riddled, 3rd string QB, terrible offense, terrible O-line, terrible defense statically, they had nothing to play for and barely a leg to stand on literally and figuratively. They out gained us 428 to somehow 415 in total yards. We got 4 turnovers.. FOUR and barely beat 1-7 team. Tell me, you think UGA fans, even the ones that support Richt, aren't looking at how we look right now and how they are playing and saying "Man, I wish we had coach Richt back" ?

I for one will have the lube in hand when we play VT and ND. And some of you want that game on National TV.......... Why? so every recruit can see we aren't even close? I really hope VT somehow loses to Duke which ain't happening.

We all need to be Duke fans tonight.

Moderators please ban anyone who says Nkosi should not be starting and that Homer is better than Walton

Maybe we should just forfeit the VT game. Time to clean you ****.

Listen.. and listen well.. UNC was 1-7, injury riddled, 3rd string QB, terrible offense, terrible O-line, terrible defense statically, they had nothing to play for and barely a leg to stand on literally and figuratively. They out gained us 428 to somehow 415 in total yards. We got got 4 turnovers.. FOUR and barely beat 1-7 team. Tell me, you think UGA, even the ones that support Richt, fans aren't looking at how we look right now and how they are playing and saying "Man, I wish we had coach Richt back" ?

Teams have really bad games. I think we just played our worse we'll have this year. Noon game, playing a bad team, and people have been talking about how we were going to smash them. We came out with our heads up our **** and we almost blew it. We didn't.

I highly doubt we come out that flat and lifeless next week. That's all we can hope for. We definately played our worse game. MR played bad and our oline played bad. Hard to call plays or play good offense when those 2 things occur.

Advertisement

Just an FYI - VT only put up 350 yards against UNC and stalled out a lot. Our D got gashed at times, but it seems like they ran about 100 plays and our O didn't help by failing to sustain drives. Bottom line, we're going to get smoked by VT if we can't figure out a way to score off TOs or don't get a ST or defensive score, but VT is still a beatable team and the Canes certainly have the talent to do it. It's just a matter of whether the O shows up (which it hasn't done fore more than 1.5 quarters in any games this year).

I been saying all week our Strength program is buns. Manhandled again up front. 53 yards rushing and we gave up 175. Even the 2013 team with Swasey as the S&C could dominate some teams physically it just the scheme held us back. Right now we can't dominate ANYONE physically.

I wouldn't argue the OL lacks a physical presence. They can't move the line of scrimmage.

The DL gets gashed at times but I believe this is a scheme issue. A significant chunk of yardage given up is scrambles by the QB (today, and last week for example). Too often mobile QBs have an open lane for good yardage because the defense gives up a lane while being aggressive.

Another defensive issue is tackling by the LBs and DBs. Time and time again the opponent is able to make a simple cut or juke and get another 2-3 yards.

Advertisement

Listen.. and listen well.. UNC was 1-7, injury riddled, 3rd string QB, terrible offense, terrible O-line, terrible defense statically, they had nothing to play for and barely a leg to stand on literally and figuratively. They out gained us 428 to somehow 415 in total yards. We got got 4 turnovers.. FOUR and barely beat 1-7 team. Tell me, you think UGA, even the ones that support Richt, fans aren't looking at how we look right now and how they are playing and saying "Man, I wish we had coach Richt back" ?

Teams have really bad games. I think we just played our worse we'll have this year. Noon game, playing a bad team, and people have been talking about how we were going to smash them. We came out with our heads up our **** and we almost blew it. We didn't.

I highly doubt we come out that flat and lifeless next week. That's all we can hope for. We definately played our worse game. MR played bad and our oline played bad. Hard to call plays or play good offense when those 2 things occur.

Even in a bad day we should be able to blow out a 1-7 depleted team by at least 14-17 points. You wanna bet the UNC fans who were acting like it was going to be the end of the world before the game thinks we aren't much better then them?

I promise every team we've beaten wouldn't be scared of a rematch right now. NONE. Not even Bethune who had some success and gained 350 against us. (Only get shutdown by FAU the next week)

Last edited:
Advertisement

Even in a bad day we should be able to blow out a 1-7 depleted team by at least 14-17 points. You wanna bet the UNC fans who were acting like it was going to be the end of the world before the game thinks we aren't much better then them?

I promise every team we've beaten wouldn't be scared of a rematch right now. NONE. Not even Bethune who had some success and gained 350 against us. (Only get shutdown by FAU the next week)

What does your argument have to do with anything? Any team we've beaten wouldn't be scared of a rematch? Who Fuggin cares. They will get their shot next year. That's how this game works my man. I'm not disagreeing that we should have beat them much much worse. We didn't, but we def played our worse game to date. Sometimes you just have to win.

keep ripping Diaz you retards. he gets us 5 extra possesions back to back weeks & you still .

JG u my boy but the d gets gashed but we create turnovers I think with better athletes in the secondary our D will be better

gash all you want. if your giving us 5 more possessions it SHOULDNT matter

Im really trying to stay off of here but people just refuse to understand what they're actually watching. Its a team sport for a reason and without every piece too a certain extent performing it's duties you see breakdowns. I don't take pride in anything i say on here unless it relates to my nephew. Rosier I'm not gonna speak on because he continues to do what he's done(except last week against cuse. He had a **** of a game & the recievers let him down is why that was close) look at that however you choose. But if you don't realize the ONLY reasons were undefeated is#1 the schedule we've played this far and the fact that none of these teams have been good. #2 our defense as a whole is carrying us. Do we get ran on more than any of us like? of course we do. But what do you want from a unit that lacks at several key positions & is stranded on the field for the vast majority of the game? Exhaustion is real yall. Especially in the trenches. All that wrestling wears on you. Stats are thrown off by playing gt & several players we have issues with. Much as i love pickney & his passion. Hes feast or famine himself. Hes so aggressive that if he misses the tackle the free play gets us gashed for big yardage. The combination of redwine & knowles guves us accumatively either the worst free safety play in college football or the best depending on ur outlook. One cant play the run to save his life & the other can only play the run at everyone elses expense. Depth and the incoming class will make a huge difference but defense is overall gonna be just fine. All im gonna say about richt and playcalling is try to understand a coaches job before you cry so often about him. Cant really call a game that you have ZERO confidence in your offense being able to execute the game you call. I will agree the route tree needs to get more diverse but thats on brown to handle that(even though it falls on richt for not correcting it). I hope we see the rosier of cuse week against tech & nd otherwise its gonna be real ugly if you think we get by with his play in every other game except that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back