Canes v Heels -- predict the score

Advertisement
Totaling all college football games that have a Vegas line (spread) this year to date and last year, 70% were within 7 points either way of the final spread line. Thus a blowout (+10) either way is unlikely. Canes 38-14.

Miami is a very unpredictable team. Our loss and biggest win this year deviated significantly from the lines and power rating forecasting. People were spouting bull**** about the sharps jumping all over Miami. Sharps don’t jump on teams like Miami on the road against a good quarterback.

Miami is a very unpredictable team. Our loss and biggest win this year deviated significantly from the lines and power rating forecasting. People were spouting bull**** about the sharps jumping all over Miami. Sharps don’t jump on teams like Miami on the road against a good quarterback.
It is also pretty soggy today in NC, though not a lot of wind. Shouldn't affect the passing game much, but....will see

Advertisement
43-42 NC.

This Canes team will come to play.
They’ll keep it close, but ACC refs will either ***** us (most probable scenario), or we make some dumb mistake in the last minutes of the game that hands the game to NC.
Could be something like another 4th-19, but most likely something brand new, like giving up a safety, when up by a point in the closing seconds.

43-42 NC.

This Canes team will come to play.
They’ll keep it close, but ACC refs will either ***** us (most probable scenario), or we make some dumb mistake in the last minutes of the game that hands the game to NC.
Could be something like another 4th-19, but most likely something brand new, like giving up a safety, when up by a point in the closing seconds.
Kind of agree. I do think we come to play, at least.

Advertisement
9-3 to 7-5 seems like the range to me right now.

I'm gonna say 9-3…And I don't think 10-2 is totally out of range, just gonna be tough.

We have a pretty good team, but there is no way to gauge how the **** a team comes off of that debacle…No matter what everyone is saying in media.

Win today and 10-2/9-3 is possible. Lose and I’m sorry, I can’t see them getting to 9-3

Typically on game day, the kool aid is strongest and most of us are in homer mode (like I am).

It seems like the board is 50/50 on who's gonna win today.

I'm a little surprised to be honest.

I feel like this team is clearly different than what we've fielded the last 5-10 years and I don't think this UNC team is exceptional (they're good but not great). Do most of you all that are predicting UNC wins not see the same thing as me?

Why wouldn’t it come down to a FG?

We played these guys after last year’s version of "the worst loss in program history" and it came down to the last possession.
After consecutive years of game ending picks, Tyler finally finishes the deal.

’Canes 31-30.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This team is different in the sense we are stronger in areas we typically have been very weak in. Having said that, our pass rush in my opinion is weak and I don’t think our DBs will cover their WRs well.

On offense, TVD is Jeckyl & Hyde at all times and last week he looked miserable. Couple that with a night sold out crowd on the road and I think we lose this game by 2 TDs. Really hope I’m wrong and this team moving forward has the mental focus to bounce back, but I don’t think we will be. Mario ****ed the season with his actions last week.

Our program over the last 20 years has shown a trend of losing streaks. That was the mother of cluster ***** last week. Believe it takes them another week to recover the damage Mario did for their morale. We’ll play them tough.

UNC 38 Miami 28

Our DL is pedestrian, but their OL isn't good.

We have a solid OL, with a significant advantage on their DL.

Typically, that bodes well. Teams with advantages in (both of) the trenches rarely get blown out.

But, I also have no doubt that we will fail to execute at crucial moments.

I want to say we win, but I have no idea what we do today.

Advertisement
You Suck Little Baby GIF by FaZe Clan

I hope our players don't read your vag1nal predictions.

Miami wins 33-24!

Advertisement
Back