Canes v. GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Jarren. Kids will come. People want to play as freshmen and there's an opportunity to do that with us, friend. Again, our most developed guys aren't very talented but there's talent behind them after they graduate. We need a stud at QB. The team will be better when we get that.
We've been beaten by or taken to the limit by a number of teams that we out-talent. I'm afraid it's more than graduating a few people. How do we get a better QB when we dont recruit them? There's a major sub-par coaching and roster/recruiting management component to this failure.

We've been beaten by or taken to the limit by a number of teams that we out-talent. I'm afraid it's more than graduating a few people. How do we get a better QB when we dont recruit them? There's a major sub-par coaching and roster/recruiting management component to this failure.

We missed on Perry. He lacks the fundamentals, discipline, and maturity to lead this football team. The guy in front of him isn't talented enough and by all accounts the guy behind him isn't quite ready. We lost defensive depth and although we have a talented 2018 class, they are young. Unfortunately we are victims of our own success, because we overachieved last season with Malik behind several strong defensive performances and tough seniors who left early on both sides of the ball. Since then, we haven't developed consistent OL play and have regressed to the mean.

You're entitled to your own opinion about the state of the team but I think the right changes will be made to move the program toward a championship level. I'm looking forward to the spring QB competition with whomever we bring in to compete.

Advertisement
We missed on Perry. He lacks the fundamentals, discipline, and maturity to lead this football team. The guy in front of him isn't talented enough and by all accounts the guy behind him isn't quite ready. We lost defensive depth and although we have a talented 2018 class, they are young. Unfortunately we are victims of our own success, because we overachieved last season with Malik behind several strong defensive performances and tough seniors who left early on both sides of the ball. Since then, we haven't developed consistent OL play and have regressed to the mean.

You're entitled to your own opinion about the state of the team but I think the right changes will be made to move the program toward a championship level. I'm looking forward to the spring QB competition with whomever we bring in to compete.

Victim to our own success? Since when is doing less with more a good thing?

Missed on Perry? The kid has all the raw intangibles needed for the position. What he doesn’t have is quality coaching and a good scheme.

Idk if you are not aware of this but there are no QBs coming in. We have none committed and aren’t recruiting anyone. We are trying to get Kelly Bryant here but we are so bad we can’t even promise him a chance at revenge cuz we can’t make the title game. And he’s not good enough to fix all our problems.

I understand that everyone diagnosis things different but if nothing else alarms you this should Richt has had three 4-game losing streaks here in 3 years. Great coaches don’t lose back 2 back games. Great coaches don’t loose to lesser talented teams 4x in a row let a lone 3 times. Golden and Shannon didn’t even do that.

It’s obvious that there are huge fundamental flaws in many aspects of how the program is being run. From recruiting, to development, to schemes, etc. I don’t think that open competition in the spring is going to fix all of that. Plus watch the games we don’t even compete hard in games. I have no reason to believe it any different in practice.

Last edited:
It’s a combustion of it, sh*tty play and dumb errors for sure. Sad state of affairs right now man ****[/QUOTE
I seem to recall coaches having the job of preparing and improving players. Could be wrong

No, you are quite right. That responsibility inevitably falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaches. There's absolutely no debating/spinning that. How a team plays is and will always be a reflection of the coaching staff.

I mean seriously, we couldn't beat Virginia, BC, Duke and now GT? Are you kidding me?

These days we are just trying to "squeak" out a win? Really???

Miami used to dominate College Football and be feared, now Miami has become the laughing stock of College Football.

You are kidding yourself if any of you believe Richt is the guy to bring Miami back.

If I'm wrong and Richt somehow turns it around, then I will be the first to admit I was wrong. But I don't believe that I am.

Man I wish we could go back in time and hire who I believe was the right guy all along.

We had a chance to hire the man that I believe would have recruited the talent and depth we once had when the 'Canes were dominant.

Now, I'm not saying Miami would've won it all by now, even with him, but you would have seen signs that we were heading in that direction and we as fans would have a lot to feel good about in the future (you are never going to see that with Mark Richt, you simply just won't).

I've said all along that this other candidate was the best choice and the man who would bring UM back to the way it was before he left to the NFL because he had already done it. He put together arguably the greatest college football team in UM (and perhaps College Football) history.

His name: BUTCH DAVIS

Now I know some of you won't agree with me, and that's fine.

I've been a 'Canes fan for a very long time and I know that some of you didn't want Butch back because of the things that happened after he left, so you don't need to mention any of that.

Butch was the only one I can think of that would have turned this ship around because he understands the culture and knows how to recruit the right players and is a tough disciplinarian as a coach. Just ask Saban. He did, after all, pick his brain, remember?

I know Butch is in FIU and they do have a bad team but honestly, that's not an issue considering he's not in a top conference and I personally think he may be using that job just to get back to being active in College Football again

If it doesn't work out and Richt is gone after next year, I hope UM will consider making Butch an offer to lure him back to Miami.

I remember when I called in to one of our local talk radio sports shows and voiced my opinions as others have. I vividly recall other listeners commenting after I spoke and while many shared my opinion, there were a few who thought I was crazy or didn't know what I was talking about. I bet today they all feel like IDIOTS. I'm pretty sure they don't know squat about football.

We should NEVER hire any coach because he played here before. We did that with Shannon. How did that work out?

It is my personal opinion that Richt isn't the right guy for THIS job - He never was (even if he does hire new assistant coaches).

Considering how terrible Golden was, Richt was a feel good story in that moment in time when we all wanted something to hope for.

If UM continues to look for coaches like this, then prepare yourself for many more losing seasons to come.

BRING BACK BUTCH DAVIS!!!

Sorry for the long message... Just wanted to share my thoughts on this.

Because they quit on these Corches...

I don't know about quit, but I think the concept of your post has merit. The players certainly seemed unfocused to a certain extent. (JT4 whiffing on a fair catch, Bandy and MJ28 forgetting to track the ball while in coverage, etc... )

Something is going wrong inside the locker room. What exactly it is, needs to be discovered and remedied.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back