Canes Transfer Portal Tracker

View as article
Advertisement
It's a good thing we brought no talent *** clown Cam McCormick here through the portal and forced Skinner out.

The portal sucks!!! Build the team through recruiting like you say you want to, Mario, you big dumb animal!
lol I'm not sure if this is satire but sure, who needs Kiko or Matt Lee or Cohen or Parrish. We should have never let those bums in.

It was obvious Skinner was gonna portal out, ive been over that. Question is who is gonna replace him? Trotting out Cam and Riley next year again? Meh...

I know Riley will develop but need a stud here

Advertisement
lol I'm not sure if this is satire but sure, who needs Kiko or Matt Lee or Cohen or Parrish. We should have never let those bums in.
Those players you mentioned are/were valuable but they were brought here out of necessity following an exodus after 2021 and to compensate for the shortcomings of the previous staph. This will be Cristobal's third recruiting cycle and we have 25+ recruits committed with no limit on how many can be added. We should certainly accept some transfers in a few spots but I'm discouraged that we seem to be offering everyone.

QB - Understandable if we bring someone here through the portal with how poorly the position has been recruited.
RB - If Parrish leaves we'd have 6 RBs including Hellcat and Riley and that is plenty.
WR - Even if every Diaz recruit departs this offseason we would still have 8 WRs (Young, Horton, Joseph, Washington, Kirk, Trader, Robinson, Carr). I say let them play but will understand if we sign one very good transfer. No more Ladson/Harrell reclamation projects.
TE - McCormick is one of the worst pickups ever but with Skinner leaving there is likely a need here to round things out.
OL - Maybe you replace Lee with a grad transfer but recruiting here has been great and there should be no need.
DE - Another position that's been recruited well but Moss is likely a bust so replace him with Okunlola and no harm done.
DT - Recruiting here has been poor but even with Taylor and Deen leaving there are still about 8 DTs already slated to be here. Let Scott play.
LB - Assuming Kiko returns there's absolutely no need here. Unleash Aguirre, Pulliam, Bryant, Washington in 2024 or watch them bolt.
CB - Recruiting has not been good enough and we need help despite already accepting numerous transfers.
S - Recruiting has not been good enough and we need help. Let Patterson play.

he never exactly showed great hands either

Skinner’s skill set is useless if he can’t catch the ball. He might run a 3.2 40 but that’s out the window if he has Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins hands.

In 2023 (True Sophomore):
BCU: Targeted 1 time, caught that 1 pass for 9 yards.

In 2022 (True Freshman):
BCU: Targeted 1 time, caught 1 pass for 30 yards
MTSU: Targeted 2 times, caught 1 pass for 17 yards
UNC: Targeted 4 times, caught 3 passes for 40 yards
VATech: Targeted 4 times, caught 2 passes for 30 yards
Duke: Targeted 2 times, caught 1 pass for 8 yards
GT: Targeted 1 time, caught 1 pass for 4 yards 1 TD
Clemson: Targeted 1 time, 0 catches
Pitt: Targeted 1 time, 0 catches

Skinner had 2 drops as a true freshman. He’s been targeted 17 times, catching 10 of 12 passes that hit his hands.

The fact is he wasn’t remotely considered a player here due to his inability to block. None of our TE’s had good hands this season, but that didn’t stop their snaps b/c the offense didn’t cater to pass catching TEs. Skinner wasn’t a fit here, b/c he came in as a polished receiver v. blocker.

Advertisement
Skinner was a class act. Was high fiving the fans after the BC win saying thank you and we love you. I realized he was leaving right then and there, saying his last goodbyes, mentioned it to my family.

I get he has a reputation for stone hands even though we only saw that a few times. But we criminally underutilized him as well as Harrell. Two kids I don’t even get why we brought in if we’re not going to put the ball into their hands at least a couple times a game. Mario needs to stop that **** because it harms kids’ futures. Saying this as a Mario fan not a mope. I really hate the way he failed with TEs and speed packages.

Replace 1 catch? We can trot you out there and probably get more production.
Sign me up coach!

Didnt mean replace skinner's production, meant we need an upgrade for TE1. And i dont see it on the roster or crooting class today

Advertisement
Skinner was a class act. Was high fiving the fans after the BC win saying thank you and we love you. I realized he was leaving right then and there, saying his last goodbyes, mentioned it to my family.

I get he has a reputation for stone hands even though we only saw that a few times. But we criminally underutilized him as well as Harrell. Two kids I don’t even get why we brought in if we’re not going to put the ball into their hands at least a couple times a game. Mario needs to stop that **** because it harms kids’ futures. Saying this as a Mario fan not a mope. I really hate the way he failed with TEs and speed packages.
100% Agree. To not give Skinner any snaps on obvious passing downs and Harrell a single deep shot all year, just terrible. Some kids you gotta give them a shot in real game even if they are inconsistent in practice.

Just curious do portal kids have a certain time they have to sign with a new team by or can they go all the way into spring without having to choose school?

Wait.... A TE hit the portal?????? ...We have TE's????? ..........Like on the actual team?????? ...... That actually play on the field when the ball thingy is thrown around???? ....
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Just curious do portal kids have a certain time they have to sign with a new team by or can they go all the way into spring without having to choose school?
I’m sure most want to enroll next month but guess can wait until after Spring

We averaged over 5 yards a carry and close to 200 yards a game on the ground and some are criticizing old man Cam. TE was woefully underutilized this season which was more an indictment on scheme priorities than personnel.

Skinner had issues with his hands from the time he set foot on campus. Bottom line is he did not commit himself to fixing the issue while here. Couple that with a light seat and he was destined to sit.

TE is the least of our concerns at this point. Good fortune to the young man but reality is he didn’t work hard enough to overcome his limitations.

It was obvious Skinner was gonna portal out, ive been over that. Question is who is gonna replace him? Trotting out Cam and Riley next year again? Meh...

I know Riley will develop but need a stud here
Obviously Skinner wasn’t putting in the work, last year he played more. God bless all these guys with so much talent. But playing TE in College is a lot different than HS. You need to block too. I wish him well this isn’t on Mario this is on Skinner. Can’t force a kid to grind.

Advertisement
Back