Canes Transfer Portal Tracker

View as article
Advertisement
Skinner was a class act. Was high fiving the fans after the BC win saying thank you and we love you. I realized he was leaving right then and there, saying his last goodbyes, mentioned it to my family.

I get he has a reputation for stone hands even though we only saw that a few times. But we criminally underutilized him as well as Harrell. Two kids I don’t even get why we brought in if we’re not going to put the ball into their hands at least a couple times a game. Mario needs to stop that **** because it harms kids’ futures. Saying this as a Mario fan not a mope. I really hate the way he failed with TEs and speed packages.

I suspect some of it has to do with TVD's inability to get the ball to anyone other than his roomie...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Damari Brown leaving would be a really really bad look. I just can't imagine why he would want to leave. He is currently entrenched as CB#1 and he could be our best CB in a long time. We must keep Damari at all costs.
where is the talk coming from that he wants to leave??

In 2023 (True Sophomore):
BCU: Targeted 1 time, caught that 1 pass for 9 yards.

In 2022 (True Freshman):
BCU: Targeted 1 time, caught 1 pass for 30 yards
MTSU: Targeted 2 times, caught 1 pass for 17 yards
UNC: Targeted 4 times, caught 3 passes for 40 yards
VATech: Targeted 4 times, caught 2 passes for 30 yards
Duke: Targeted 2 times, caught 1 pass for 8 yards
GT: Targeted 1 time, caught 1 pass for 4 yards 1 TD
Clemson: Targeted 1 time, 0 catches
Pitt: Targeted 1 time, 0 catches

Skinner had 2 drops as a true freshman. He’s been targeted 17 times, catching 10 of 12 passes that hit his hands.

The fact is he wasn’t remotely considered a player here due to his inability to block. None of our TE’s had good hands this season, but that didn’t stop their snaps b/c the offense didn’t cater to pass catching TEs. Skinner wasn’t a fit here, b/c he came in as a polished receiver v. blocker.
Yikes, more of that truth **** CIS frowns upon.

Advertisement
where is the talk coming from that he wants to leave??
It was mentioned by a few before the end of the season. Someone alleged that the Brown family was down on Mario because of the lack of PT for Davonte and Damari. I have no idea how credible that may have been but since then, there has been nothing coming from the Brown's, the staff or any other source that would even slightly substantiate that claim. In my opinion, Davonte may be frustrated at his lack of PT this season but when he did get the opportunity, he was terrible. Damari on the other hand finally got his opportunity vs FSU and he took full advantage. In the last 3 games Damari Brown imo has entrenched himself as CB#1. He was excellent vs FSU and continued that level of play through the BC game. Damari is the best CB prospect I've seen come through Miami since Artie Burns. I see absolutely no reason why he would want to leave.

Advertisement
Makes no sense why he didn’t play
Makes perfect sense why he didn't. If he poses no surplus value in the passing game over Young, George and Restrepo (and he didn't), he's not going to play.

He is 6'5 235 and absolutely can't block to save his life. That's not going to get you on the field. I'm pretty sure there were conversations about what he had to do to get on the field. Apparently, he didn't do enough to justify playing time.

Corey flaggs visiting Colorado per his Instagram story.

If I were him, I’d wait till Manny is formally announced at Duke and go there
I thought he was hoping to get closer to Texas so he could play in front of his family for his final year?

Corey flaggs visiting Colorado per his Instagram story.

If I were him, I’d wait till Manny is formally announced at Duke and go there
For his sake he better not go to Colorado.... Corey needs good players around him to help hide his bad traits.... Yes he played better this year and good for him but if he's the best LB on the team ,which he probably will be if he chooses Colorado , it could get real bad real fast for him there.... CU was 126th out of 130 teams in Total Defense.... Flagg needs to stay as far away from there as possible...

Advertisement
Back