Canes To Adidas Confirmed

Advertisement
The stretchy fit and tire tread marks on all the adidas jerseys look like absolute ****...
BNj5D_3CQAAAUGx.jpg
1228365.jpg

Also they'll probably be changing us from black cleats, and black socks to this garbage
adidas-Mississippi-State-Egg-Bowl_Cleat.jpg

really have to hope that Adidas makes big improvement in football. praying we won't have those stripes like the UCLA picture above on the chest.

Advertisement
So they announced the Adidas contract on Sunday. They are now set up to get rid of Golden today. We don't have to see those crap uniforms Nike came up with this year, and Golden is gone.

Win-Win

Really!?! We're complaining about Adidas? Thats what we've come to? Ed Reed and co would have laced up with Pink Polka-Dot Reebok Jerseys and still won back in the day. Y'all complaining about the sizzle when what we have to fix is the steak. Man up - deal with the coaching staff, bring in the right kids from the 305, and we'll win regardless of what gear we're playing in. In the meantime, I'm happy to have the school take an extra $3M - more to work with to BBB.

Advertisement
Again, any body thinking this money goes to anything like a new coach, or a stadium, you've lost your mind.

This is without a doubt terrible. I will never wear anything Adidas, ever. Looks like I'll be the idiot still wearing the renewed jerseys, and old Nike stuff.

Not even Under Armor? Does Adidas even make baseball stuff? Just shoot me know.

Advertisement
Again, any body thinking this money goes to anything like a new coach, or a stadium, you've lost your mind.

This is without a doubt terrible. I will never wear anything Adidas, ever. Looks like I'll be the idiot still wearing the renewed jerseys, and old Nike stuff.

Not even Under Armor? Does Adidas even make baseball stuff? Just shoot me know.

THIS!!!

The Mississippi State uniforms are pretty classic looking wouldn't mind seeing canes uniforms going the same direction.

Advertisement
I honestly don't mind the move but anything that gets people madder at the AD, I'm all for

Nike doesn't want to pay schools competitive rates.

Should have gone with Under Armour though.

Isn't the Under Armour dude big supporter of Maryland? And Nike's owner funds the Ducks? I am ok with not using either since we they give extra help to other schools. WOuld be nice if Adidas would build us a stadium. Oh that's right we suck now. Anyway this is our smallest issue. The new unis suck anyway and have for some time.

Is this an extra $3million per year, or total?

It's the Nike contract (probably in the $3M-$4M range) plus an extra $3M per year.

Probably one of the biggest apparel deals in college sports.

The article says our deal is most likely in the Asu ballpark of 8 years 33m (4.125 a year).

I don't see how it could be $3m more per season than Nike if it's only $4.125m per season going forward unless Nike was only paying Miami a little over a million dollars per year.

Advertisement
Back