Canes To Adidas Confirmed

Advertisement
On a positive note, now I can break out the bright orange Run DMC styled Adidas track suit I bought last year.

Now who has no fashion sense, mother!?

Advertisement
Is this an extra $3million per year, or total?

It's the Nike contract (probably in the $3M-$4M range) plus an extra $3M per year.

Probably one of the biggest apparel deals in college sports.
It's the same as Arizona State. Hardly the creme de la creme of athletics.

ASU has one of the top 10 highest paying contracts. And this article said in the same range, not the same. I expect it's about $5-6M per year. Not as expensive as Michigan at $8.5 but still pretty high.
If Adidas has a good design, this is a great move. We'll see what they do to the helmet though. If they have one alternate, it might already be better than Nike's design last year.

IT'S AVATAR TIME!!!!! Can't wait to see the athletes on campus in these bad boys!

adidas-springblade-razor-sharp-grey-0.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement

It's the Nike contract (probably in the $3M-$4M range) plus an extra $3M per year.

ASU has one of the top 10 highest paying contracts. And this article said in the same range, not the same. I expect it's about $5-6M per year. Not as expensive as Michigan at $8.5 but still pretty high.
If Adidas has a good design, this is a great move. We'll see what they do to the helmet though. If they have one alternate, it might already be better than Nike's design last year.

Notre dame signed a 9 year 90 million dollar deal with under armour last offseason. We should have went with them tbh

Hey, $3million per year will take care of each remaining year of Golden's contract, even if we have to pay full the amount when he gets thrown out.

So what uniforms are they gonna wear this year if theyre not wearing the new ones they just unveiled before this past yr?

Advertisement
Good, now we just need to start winning so I can buy some new shirts and stuff. I swore off buying Nike nearly two decades ago and finding stuff without the swoosh wasn't hard, but unfortunately that's what the majority of it was.

IT'S AVARAR TIME!!!!! Can't wait to see the athletes on campus in these bad boys!

View attachment 28835

Seeing this photo reminds me how much I hate adidas footwear.

I just went on their website to see if I could find anything I liked- NOTHING! I had to convince myself that one pair on there was cool. My closet is full of Nike. The shoes are so much better. Whatever. Gonna make it easier boycotting next year and not buying any gear or going to games.

Advertisement
I have a lot of Nikes but I **** with the Adidas Stan Smith's.

Nike holds weight though. That's iconic. Can't see a team of mostly young black kids not preferring Nike over anything else.

This year FSU got $4,400,000 from Nike, Alabama got $3,570,000 and Ohio State got $4,164,014.

Adidas is giving ASU $4,125,000. I assure you that they are paying Miami more than that.

We probably at worst have a top 10 apparel contract now.

Advertisement
Back