Canes To Adidas Confirmed

Gonna cop a white #8 and a green #8 before all the nike stuff is gone and won't be buying another jersey anytime soon. call me what you want. I understand the decision because its based on money but i hate change. Im not old enough to remember the Canes in russell athletic, when i started following the Canes they wore Nike, its all i ever known. They were once a proud football program that set trends that alot of teams still follow today. Everything that the U was is gone now. Not only is the U a second or third tier football program, they wear freakin addidas. I never thought i would see the day. Sad times.

Advertisement
You know the worst part of all this? Parting ways with Nike means that we will have all new font on everything once the contract expires.

If true, that is depressing. Miami's font has always been something I loved.

Advertisement
You know the worst part of all this? Parting ways with Nike means that we will have all new font on everything once the contract expires.

Saw somewhere that the font is actually a trademark of the university so we'll keep it

This is what I always had thought, but never actually knew. I certainly hope so. I literally was talking about Miami's font the other day.

Louisville fan here, we've been with Adidas for a while now and just signed a 40 million dollar/ 8 year deal with them last year. They've really treated us well over the years and have helped all of our sports in funds, equipment, and recruiting. I think right now they are getting ready to expand our football complex and weight room. Plus from a fan viewpoint their clothing is much better than anything Nike has has for a long time. Glad to see you guys wearing Adidas.

So Donna wants the new president to pick who to hire and fire, yet won't wait and let him/her to pick what company sponsors the school? Makes perfect sense. It's all a money thing, in some ways it's smart. But I just don't agree with it

As much as I disdain as I have for Donna, this is more of a timing thing. You can't extend a contract for one year. Nike has repeatedly F'ed us over. Someone has to say when enough is enough. As much as it pains me to say this, I think the school made the right decision to leave Nike.

Saw somewhere that the font is actually a trademark of the university so we'll keep it

This is what I always had thought, but never actually knew. I certainly hope so. I literally was talking about Miami's font the other day.

I don't believe so. I could be mistaken.

Advertisement
SMD

News: I am told #UM #Canes deal with Adidas is for 12 years and begins In August.
12:01pm - 6 Jan 15

golden will still be here

I think Adidas are better than Nike.... Nike is overpriced Chinese garbage made by slave kids in a hellhole factory for 2 dollars a pair, sold to you at 120 bucks a pair with Phil Knight pocketing the difference.

I laugh in the face of anyone who wears Nike product. You're paying at least double what that product is worth so you can have that little swoosh on it. ******* sucker.

They say a fool and his money are easily parted..... what does that make the people who wear Nike?

Louisville fan here, we've been with Adidas for a while now and just signed a 40 million dollar/ 8 year deal with them last year. They've really treated us well over the years and have helped all of our sports in funds, equipment, and recruiting. I think right now they are getting ready to expand our football complex and weight room. Plus from a fan viewpoint their clothing is much better than anything Nike has has for a long time. Glad to see you guys wearing Adidas.

Now I know we are truly F'd when a UL fan is congratulating us on this move.

Recruits are not going to like this. Nike is the prima donna sneaker/gear company. Don't like this move 1 bit. DO not even care if it is a few more million dollars per year. Adidas sucks. And anyone on here who has worn both, knows that Nike is superior. Might as well have went with New Balance. At least there stuff is nice.

Advertisement

yeah cause adidas totally hindered louisville from beating the crap outta miami the last two times they met

Advertisement

yeah cause adidas totally hindered louisville from beating the crap outta miami the last two times they met

No, that would be Golden.

Adidas. Perfect! THE outfitter for *** S American and European futbol fans.

"Get ***, get with the U"

Never heard of no stone cold urban DT talent sprayin' some byatch full of holes for his Adidas Fruit Boots.

Advertisement
Back