Canes that benefit most from eligibility ruling.

He would need to play this year and redshirt next year for that to work...
Right - that was my understanding as well which I doubt he would do. I think if anything, it means that he might play some this year when he originally wasn't planning to do so.

Advertisement
Will it work that way? Doesn't he have 1 year left of eligibility and the plan was to redshirt him this year? I doubt they would let him sit out all of this year and then play two more since the intent is to let kids who play this year not have to worry about not being able to play again.

I got ahead of my skies on this one I am thinking @RickRollU sounds more feasible.

Go Canes

With this new rule ANY Senior who isn't considered a for sure 1st-maybe 3rd round draft pick, should definitely come back.. IF they don't I see it as they're scared to face Bama!!
***Their are so many last year Seniors broking their phones and computers looking at this new rule***

The Defensive lineman, Jon Ford & the rest IMO benefit greatly from an extra year of eligibility.

Also if I'm Diaz I'm encouraging DB's like Al Jr & Gurvan Hall to stick around for the 21 season, regardless of how this season goes unless you're graded as a 1st or 2nd rounder, don't declare & sign with an agent.

This ruling could benefit Amari Carter a great deal as well, I'm assuming he's coming back for a 5th year in 21 too which will continue to give us great depth in the Safety room & considering how our staff doesn't like playing young Safeties as is I'm almost certain they'll be encouraging him to come back next year.

McCloud might end up coming back depending on what his draft grade is at the end of the season.

Idk if King comes back, but I sure hope he does lol. And Harley, Pope & Wiggins are definitely coming back.

I don't think Brevin comes back no matter what, all he has to do is stay healthy & he'll be picked between rounds 2-4 at worst. Mallory should be coming back as well, no reason to declare.

I doubt Harris comes back RB's have a short shelf life, but Burns probably will return.
If their isn't a 1st, 2nd or maybe 3rd round grade on any player's for Miami Hurricanes, AND THEY STILL DECIDE TO GO.... They scared of Bama, how could you not want to come back just to face them!! AND get a another chance at possibly getting drafted higher..

If their isn't a 1st, 2nd or maybe 3rd round grade on any player's for Miami Hurricanes, AND THEY STILL DECIDE TO GO.... They scared of Bama, how could you not want to come back just to face them!! AND get a another chance at possibly getting drafted higher..
I don't think it has anything to do with being scared, it's just that our players get really really really bad advice from the people around them & they almost always have family tuggin on them to hurry up & go get whatever quick cash they can get from going pro. Rarely do they ever look at the bigger picture & see that prematurely declaring is not going to make them any real money in the long run.

Plus Miami is filled with agents who tell these guys they're gonna get them drafted high, despite them hearing directly from the draft advisory board that they're not.

Advertisement
I don't think it has anything to do with being scared, it's just that our players get really really really bad advice from the people around them & they almost always have family tuggin on them to hurry up & go get whatever quick cash they can get from going pro. Rarely do they ever look at the bigger picture & see that prematurely declaring is not going to make them any real money in the long run.

Plus Miami is filled with agents who tell these guys they're gonna get them drafted high, despite them hearing directly from the draft advisory board that they're not.
One with think there have been enough players drafted rounds later than they were ‘told’, or undrafted, to make clear the only opinion that counts is the draft advisory board. They have no vested interest.

Last edited:
The Defensive lineman, Jon Ford & the rest IMO benefit greatly from an extra year of eligibility.

Also if I'm Diaz I'm encouraging DB's like Al Jr & Gurvan Hall to stick around for the 21 season, regardless of how this season goes unless you're graded as a 1st or 2nd rounder, don't declare & sign with an agent.

This ruling could benefit Amari Carter a great deal as well, I'm assuming he's coming back for a 5th year in 21 too which will continue to give us great depth in the Safety room & considering how our staff doesn't like playing young Safeties as is I'm almost certain they'll be encouraging him to come back next year.

McCloud might end up coming back depending on what his draft grade is at the end of the season.

Idk if King comes back, but I sure hope he does lol. And Harley, Pope & Wiggins are definitely coming back.

I don't think Brevin comes back no matter what, all he has to do is stay healthy & he'll be picked between rounds 2-4 at worst. Mallory should be coming back as well, no reason to declare.

I doubt Harris comes back RB's have a short shelf life, but Burns probably will return.
Jon Ford ain't comin back

On Jon Ford, I will say- he was already contemplating leaving for the NFL after last year (beyond dumb). That leads me to believe 2020 will be his last season at Miami, no matter what. Carter and McCloud will be back as 5th year seniors. That won’t hurt Miami, unless Manny Baker decide to start them over more talented options. All the receivers are coming back, Brevin will probably bounce, and Cam Harris will leave as well. The Don and Rooster are only going to get more talented. Blades and Ivey I think will be back. The interesting guys are Bubba Bolden and Gurvan Hall. If we can get them both back for 2021, that’d be HUGE.

Advertisement
I assume Nesta should be back? And can we please analyze the chances of Bolden and Hall coming back for the 2021 season- thank you.

On Jon Ford, I will say- he was already contemplating leaving for the NFL after last year (beyond dumb). That leads me to believe 2020 will be his last season at Miami, no matter what. Carter and McCloud will be back as 5th year seniors. That won’t hurt Miami, unless Manny Baker decide to start them over more talented options. All the receivers are coming back, Brevin will probably bounce, and Cam Harris will leave as well. The Don and Rooster are only going to get more talented. Blades and Ivey I think will be back. The interesting guys are Bubba Bolden and Gurvan Hall. If we can get them both back for 2021, that’d be HUGE.
McCloud would actually be a 6th year Senior, this season is his 5th year.

Agree on Ford, I hope he would come back but I doubt he will.

Bubba & Gurvan will be an interesting case, it'll depend on what kind of season they have & what their draft grade is. But I know our staff will be encouraging both to come back because Diaz/Banda does not like playing young guys at Safety too early, even though we're going to have a stacked Safety room with a bunch of 4-star talent with the incoming 21 class Freshman, I sincerely doubt Banda wants to start next year with Tae coming off of whatever injury he has & Harrell, Washington, Balom, Williams Kinchens all being 1st & 2nd year players with no starts among them.

McCloud would actually be a 6th year Senior, this season is his 5th year.

Agree on Ford, I hope he would come back but I doubt he will.

Bubba & Gurvan will be an interesting case, it'll depend on what kind of season they have & what their draft grade is. But I know our staff will be encouraging both to come back because Diaz/Banda does not like playing young guys at Safety too early, even though we're going to have a stacked Safety room with a bunch of 4-star talent with the incoming 21 class Freshman, I sincerely doubt Banda wants to start next year with Tae coming off of whatever injury he has & Harrell, Washington, Balom, Williams Kinchens all being 1st & 2nd year players with no starts among them.
I wanted your take on Gurvan and Bubba. Thank you- yeah, our entire secondary *should* be back for 2021. Still think one of the safeties declares. Gurvan has a good chance to lead the team in tackles and have a great year so that could lead him to declare.

Advertisement
Back