Canes support in Cape Coral/Fort Myers/Naples area?

Haven't spent much time in Lee and Collier counties, but does UM have a lot of fans in that area?

Having done extended stays in Bradenton, Sarasota and Punta Gorda, it seems like there are a lot of UF/FSU yahoos in those parts.

But what about further down in Southwest Florida?

It would be great to regain and expand our core following beyond Dade/Broward/PB. As we turn the corner under CMR, I believe we will.

Advertisement
There are a few fans here that meet at Miller's Ale House in Ft.Myers for games. Not many , however. Mostly Gaturds, some FSU, and a lot of B1G fans. Kids over here almost never go to Miami even though they are recruited by us. Edge and Spenser Atkins are about the only Canes from this area

The Hurricane Club sponsors a golf tournament/luncheon with UM coaches coming to the Naples area every year (part of Florida spring tour) which includes people from both Ft. Myers/Naples. One of the spring scrimmages was also held in Naples a number of years back (Golden). Also heard that Mark Richt will be speaking at upcoming Fellowship of Christian Athletes banquet in Naples.

There are a few fans here that meet at Miller's Ale House in Ft.Myers for games. Not many , however. Mostly Gaturds, some FSU, and a lot of B1G fans. Kids over here almost never go to Miami even though they are recruited by us. Edge and Spenser Atkins are about the only Canes from this area

The Big Ten part isn't surprising. That area attracts the midwest retirees and transplants. Kinda need to almost make it to Tampa before you hit any real pockets of Canes fans but you are right about that Ft Myers Ale House being a small enclave of us- just beware of the Red Sox fans there too.

Advertisement

The Big Ten part isn't surprising. That area attracts the midwest retirees and transplants. Kinda need to almost make it to Tampa before you hit any real pockets of Canes fans but you are right about that Ft Myers Ale House being a small enclave of us- just beware of the Red Sox fans there too.

Up voted for this warning. I'll be sure to avoid this place during baseball season.

That Colonial location went down hill over the last few years. Remember watching the FIU brawl game there.

I'm in that area for the time being. A few years ago I went to watch a UM-FSU game down in Naples, Bokamper's bar and grill. Nice place, many Canes fans, but it just wasnt an intimate Canes atmosphere. Never tried the Millers Ale House, its a lot closer to me thats for sure.

Advertisement
There is quite a bit of Cane fans here. Obviously they were prouder during our hay days. It's probably a 45/30/25 split here
gayturds/The U/fswho

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

There is quite a bit of Cane fans here. Obviously they were prouder during our hay days. It's probably a 45/30/25 split here
gayturds/The U/fswho

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Accurate

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Canes alumni here. I know there's a SWFL alumni group that holds watch parties in Naples. I work down the street from the Ale House on Colonial, so I may have to try that this year...unless I just buy tix and make the drive across the alley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back