Canes Recruiting Video Countdown # 8 - Ken Dorsey

View as article
Advertisement
Too skinny - not enough arm strength. And he decommited from Tennessee because Chris Simms commited. This Dorsey kid is afraid of competition - He'll never survive at UM.

Wasted ship IMO!!!

Advertisement
You can't win with this kid. Quarterbacks today need to be able to scramble and his arm strength is average. Plus, Kenny Kelly is solid.

Advertisement
He really did a great job hitting receivers in stride. When you watch a lot of QB's now it seems you see a video of fades to the corner of the end zone.

Cot**** I loved that guy. Just so happens to wear my number. One of my all-time favorite Canes.

Kenny came along just as I was getting into recruiting. I never saw this video though.

****......hurry up and have some kids Kenny.

Has to be high on everyone's list of favorite Canes. I hope he ends up coaching in some capacity at UM one day.

Advertisement
You can't win with this kid. Quarterbacks today need to be able to scramble and his arm strength is average. Plus, Kenny Kelly is solid.

I remember when Kelly got knocked out the V Tech game in '99 telling a friend of mine "well we're ****ed now. The backup is some tall, skinny *** freshmen named Dorsey."

I'm a defense guy so not many offensive players are near the top of my all-time Cane list, but he's **** sure one of em.

Advertisement
I still remember the story about how his incoming class was in a group talking to Coker. Coker asked the group, which one of you guys think you can be a great player here - an All american? (paraphrasing). The way the story goes is that Dorsey was the most vocal one in the group about it. As soon as he stood up to nominate himself, Clinton Portis retold how he remembered thinking.,,,"that skinny dude? He be trippin'"

I got the whole story from loose memory, but you get the idea.

more QB highlights on a 3 min clip of H.S. Dorsey than in the past 6+ years of UM QB play. That should be required viewing of every incoming UM QB.

So smooth and technically sound. How many highschool kids, let alone college kids would remember to square their hips before throwing when on the run (~1:50 mark).

One of my favorites and it's a shame he never won the Heisman.

Advertisement
Back