Canes ranked 4th “next program to break through with CFP title”

You think he can coach up the current talent, and recruit enough more in just one more year, to malke it? I love the optimizm of 2 yr., but, realistically, I have to wonder, if he won't need, at least 2 more classes, beyond this one. Just look at what he's targeting now, as to what Manny targeted! He gonna need 3 yr!

If he scores in just 2, koodos to his staff, the coaches, will be have coached their asses off!!
I wasn’t saying that we would make it in year 2 of Mario’s tenure, I was saying we’ll make the playoffs 2 times in the next 10 years and probably both times won’t be in the next 3-4 imo

Advertisement
Well, if we win the ACC championship game, and have a decent record, there's a pretty good chance of getting into the playoffs. This isn't far fetched.
Even with adding a few from the portal our OL and defensive front 7 do not have the horses to be there. 10 wins probably our ceiling this year. Realistically 8 or 9.

I wasn’t saying that we would make it in year 2 of Mario’s tenure, I was saying we’ll make the playoffs 2 times in the next 10 years and probably both times won’t be in the next 3-4 imo

We certainly need to up our talent level in the front 7, but once we see a sound defensive scheme installed, I believe we'll have a better defense than we expect. Manny's defenses were unsound as **** and relied completely on one player getting free to make a play. His defense left gaping holes all over the field that every team exploited.

Homerun coordinators can get us to the playoffs but then we will get stomped in playoffs. Our lines won't be able to hold up.

I see a possible 2017 run and then the wheels fall off toward then end of the season.

Advertisement
Homerun coordinators can get us to the playoffs but then we will get stomped in playoffs. Our lines won't be able to hold up.

I see a possible 2017 run and then the wheels fall off toward then end of the season.
No... I mean I understand what you're saying but I don't think the wheels come off... I just think we'll see a much more competitive team throughout the season... Better coaching will bring that out... How our record ends up is another story but I do believe we'll put up a solid fight in every game...

This can happen.

The main difference though is that we have one of the best Returning QBs in that Nation so maybe we can hold up a bit better than that team.

We can all see though the talent gap difference and our depth needs time to be built up.

Path to championship relevance:
-The current recruiting class is a bonus
-Next year- make ACC Championship game and have a top 10 recruiting class-top 5 would be a bonus…
-Year 2- win the ACC and get a Top 7 recruiting class- playoff scenarios is not out of the question
-Year 3- we should have legitimate buzz to contend for championship.
-Year 4- new unexpected rule changes come into effect to keep us from dominating again…

Advertisement
If we make it imo it will be under Garcia or jacurri at the helm. Need to give Mario time to bring in the talent. With TVD we are a 10-2 to 9-3 team at worst, but there is still many flaws on the team like LB and a disruptive DE

Let’s be real, if we don’t have TVD, we are a much longer ”build” but we do, and I‘ll add this, TVD played a huge role in Mario taking this job now. Although it may be his dream gig, the fact we have a QB that you can build around must make him feel better about the trajectory. To that point, I think it’s why we will see Mario stack this class via portal and recruiting and go as hard as he is because he realizes we can win or play to win for the ACCG with just a few added pieces.

HOMERism at it’s finest but w/ a crappy OL dude was slinging it for 300+ yards game after game.

Honestly, that’s an interesting article/debate. Texas A&M is definitely next. I would say Miami has an argument for #2. I don’t think Michigan will ever win, we saw their ceiling this year. My top 5 would be

A&M
Miami
Oregon
USC
Florida

Advertisement
Our front “7” and offensive line are no where near playoff yet. We might be able to sneak in because the ACC is donkey balls, but we will still get worked by a high level SEC team.

The Georgia parade started with Kirby driving through Athens in the back of a pick up truck on a cloudy day. We need to get back to the top of the mountain.

The Georgia parade started with Kirby driving through Athens in the back of a pick up truck on a cloudy day. We need to get back to the top of the mountain.
Update - The team is now on the back of a flatbed 18 wheeler sitting on bales of hay.

Advertisement
Depends on the pathway we take...

If we wanna be a tough hard nosed run the ball first team, it will take 4 years minimum to get to the playoffs.

If we take advantage of the QB & the offensive firepower we have, we could get there by year 2 in the 2023 season.

We can take the Harbaugh-Michigan route or the Riley-Oklahoma route, those are the two blueprints.

I know everyone wants us to be UGA or Bama, but that’s not realistic & again, those kinds of roster with 40+ 5-stars takes time, a lot of time...

Even the Clemson model isn’t one of overnight success, it took Dabo years before he had enough talent to make playoff & National championship runs.

Either way, as long as we’re consistently winning & in contention every year, I’m fine with that, but fans should realize expectations need to be tempered until actual games are played, long ways til September, a lot can & will happen between now & then.

If TVD continues to awe, the young players step up and we get a few key defensive portal players, there's no reason we can't make the playoffs this year

I told my bro in law the same (he’s a Cane). Only team I’d pick as a definite loss at THIS point in time is A&M and even then, Miami winning wouldn’t shock me. Everyone else on the schedule are teams Miami can beat if they avoid significant injury

I told my bro in law the same (he’s a Cane). Only team I’d pick as a definite loss at THIS point in time is A&M and even then, Miami winning wouldn’t shock me. Everyone else on the schedule are teams Miami can beat if they avoid significant injury
Very good players have a multiplier effect, in that they tend to raise the level of play of their teammates. Get a few more players like TVD, Taylor, Williams, etc., and the whole team is acting up.

Advertisement
Back