Canes ranked 4th “next program to break through with CFP title”

Advertisement
Even with TVD’s stardom, I can’t see the roster getting to a playoff/championship level until sometime in the 2024-2027 timeframe

Last edited:
I wasn’t saying that we would make it in year 2 of Mario’s tenure, I was saying we’ll make the playoffs 2 times in the next 10 years and probably both times won’t be in the next 3-4 imo
Far more realistic,..in fact, at the rate he seems to be recruiting, (fingers crossed on the OC/DC choices) his staff, I would hope, 2 times in the next decade, would be a realistic floor!

I'll take my L, I misunderstood, ..
I check to see what's available next semester for comprehension 101!!

You think he can coach up the current talent, and recruit enough more in just one more year, to malke it? I love the optimizm of 2 yr., but, realistically, I have to wonder, if he won't need, at least 2 more classes, beyond this one. Just look at what he's targeting now, as to what Manny targeted! He gonna need 3 yr!

If he scores in just 2, koodos to his staff, the coaches, will be have coached their asses off!!
Luke fickell did

Very good players have a multiplier effect, in that they tend to raise the level of play of their teammates. Get a few more players like TVD, Taylor, Williams, etc., and the whole team is acting up.

Not that i would want that, but you’re right. To me a guy like. Stevenson would have benefited more from returning but I get it. That secondary with Tae being an addition for a full season with Stevenson would/could of been FILTHY. I mean it STILL can be but you get my point

Advertisement
Pump the **** brakes lmao. We have won 2 bowl games in 20 years with zero conference championships. I’m ecstatic with the direction of the program but that is an outrageous take by fansided

Not that i would want that, but you’re right. To me a guy like. Stevenson would have benefited more from returning but I get it. That secondary with Tae being an addition for a full season with Stevenson would/could of been FILTHY. I mean it STILL can be but you get my point
Stevenson is returning.

Pump the **** brakes lmao. We have won 2 bowl games in 20 years with zero conference championships. I’m ecstatic with the direction of the program but that is an outrageous take by fansided
Portal changes everything. MSU went from dog**** to top 12 due to the portal.

Advertisement
I think it’s going to probably take two recruiting cycles for us to have a roster that can *reach* (not win) the playoffs. The portal probably shortened the process a bit In this age. So first realistic chance is probably 2023 assuming we still have good QB play at that point. Us residing in the ACC helps to shorten the process a bit too. Teams with less-than-elite rosters that have made the playoff include Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Washington, Michigan State, Michigan, Oregon. This type of roster level is attainable relatively quickly for us.

I’ll say at least 3 recruiting cycles before we have a roster capable of *winning* the playoff. For that you need a roster that’s at least close to Bama, UGA, OSU. Something Like Clemson level.m depending on quality of QB play.

Mario has to nail BOTH coordinator spots if it’s gonna happen that early though. The position coaching staff looks excellent thus far. But a mediocre hire on either side of the ball who ends up needing to be replaced a couple seasons from now could stall things.

This year with Road games @ A&M and @ Clemson, along with us not having enough talent separation yet to totally dominate our divisional opponents, I think it’s highly unlikely we finish the regular season with less than two losses.

But thanks to TVD, the instant upgrade in coaching quality, and the expected talent injection we’ll be getting in the coming months, we’re certainly capable of winning the conference in year one and playing in a major bowl game, and that will set us up well from a roster building standpoint.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back