Canes ranked 4th “next program to break through with CFP title”

Advertisement
You think he can coach up the current talent, and recruit enough more in just one more year, to malke it? I love the optimizm of 2 yr., but, realistically, I have to wonder, if he won't need, at least 2 more classes, beyond this one. Just look at what he's targeting now, as to what Manny targeted! He gonna need 3 yr!

If he scores in just 2, koodos to his staff, the coaches, will be have coached their asses off!!

I’m personally curious about when people think our first CFP appearance will be. Will we get there in 5 years? How many will we have in the next 10? I’m going with 2
If TVD continues to awe, the young players step up and we get a few key defensive portal players, there's no reason we can't make the playoffs this year

You think he can coach up the current talent, and recruit enough more in just one more year, to malke it? I love the optimizm of 2 yr., but, realistically, I have to wonder, if he won't need, at least 2 more classes, beyond this one. Just look at what he's targeting now, as to what Manny targeted! He gonna need 3 yr!

If he scores in just 2, koodos to his staff, the coaches, will be have coached their asses off!!
You can kind of tell we’re gonna be good in the future. We ain’t talking about Golden nor Manny anymore.

I want us to be in the CFP 4 times a decade and always winning the ship once. With NIL it will be more of the haves and have nots so those numbers can go much more either direction. Wow Michigan before us

Last edited:
Advertisement
If TVD continues to awe, the young players step up and we get a few key defensive portal players, there's no reason we can't make the playoffs this year
I respect your optimism but I find that scenario highly unlikely for 2 reasons. OL and DL. We just don't have the horses up front on either side of the ball yet. The OL could be much improved next year but we just aren't on the level necessary to be in that position. Even if we score a few key defensive players through the portal we just don't have the depth on the DL.

Add to that we would have to at least split the games with ATM and Clemson while winning the rest. We would have to finish at least 11-1 going into the ACCCG then win that too to be 12-1. Even with a great staff, elite coordinators and a Heisman trophy caliber year from TVD I just don't think we have enough defensively overall or the requisite depth on either line.

I respect your optimism but I find that scenario highly unlikely for 2 reasons. OL and DL. We just don't have the horses up front on either side of the ball yet. The OL could be much improved next year but we just aren't on the level necessary to be in that position. Even if we score a few key defensive players through the portal we just don't have the depth on the DL.

Add to that we would have to at least split the games with ATM and Clemson while winning the rest. We would have to finish at least 11-1 going into the ACCCG then win that too to be 12-1. Even with a great staff, elite coordinators and a Heisman trophy caliber year from TVD I just don't think we have enough defensively overall or the requisite depth on either line.
Appreciate your dose of reality.

If TVD would have played at the level he did the last 6 games for the whole year we probably would have won a couple more games.

Now add in a top 1/2 OL and 2/3 DL/LB we should get to the ACC title game.

There is precedent. The 83 Canes were young with a freshmen QB, they weren't expected to do anything.

Advertisement
Football games are won in the trenches… idc if a team has dan marino at qb in the end it wont matter. We can get to the acc championship game because the coastal is mediocre but we are nowhere near close to playoffs level.

Just getting players out of the portal isn’t gonna make us playoff level lol, it should make us better than 7-5 but we’re in a transition/rebuild year not just for offensive and defensive systems but we’re changing the entire way the football program is being ran. TVD played great but even then every game came down to the wire besides duke. Teams are gonna have film on tvd now and we’re still a young roster, i know we all have expectations but playoffs is just insane and asking to be disappointed

Football games are won in the trenches… idc if a team has dan marino at qb in the end it wont matter. We can get to the acc championship game because the coastal is mediocre but we are nowhere near close to playoffs level.

Just getting players out of the portal isn’t gonna make us playoff level lol, it should make us better than 7-5 but we’re in a transition/rebuild year not just for offensive and defensive systems but we’re changing the entire way the football program is being ran. TVD played great but even then every game came down to the wire besides duke. Teams are gonna have film on tvd now and we’re still a young roster, i know we all have expectations but playoffs is just insane and asking to be disappointed
Well, if we win the ACC championship game, and have a decent record, there's a pretty good chance of getting into the playoffs. This isn't far fetched.

Well, if we win the ACC championship game, and have a decent record, there's a pretty good chance of getting into the playoffs. This isn't far fetched.
Yea maybe but we were 7-5 and 2nd in the coastal, i can see us being 8-4 maybe 9-3 and still winning the coastal. So at that point if we win the acc title game we'd still be way outside the playoffs.

Edit: For example, the top acc teams finished pitt(13),clemson(14),wake forest(15), thats a long way from those top 4....The playoffs are at least 3 years away maybe 2 depending on the coordinators and mario recruiting like a maniac

Last edited:
Advertisement

I’ll say Three maybe four years subject to Mario’s recruiting results. Took uga five to win it but they did get there in his second year but they had some monster classes. It’s going to take that type of recruiting.

I’m personally curious about when people think our first CFP appearance will be. Will we get there in 5 years? How many will we have in the next 10? I’m going with 2

Folks on this board will be asking that they move on to coach 27 after A&M or Clemson....

Advertisement

Could be 5. The risk of TVD window closing in 2 years...

Folks on this board will be asking that they move on to coach 27 after A&M or Clemson....
Emotion Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back