Canes ranked #10

Oh so now it's all about SOS huh? Lol last night you were doubting we would be ranked ahead of Stanford. Guess I was right.

Advertisement
Just take care of business the next 2 weeks. This week we should jump atleast UCLA (they play stanford and oregon back to back) and one of Clemson/FSU probably in the polls.

Mock BCS is out, and we're not in the top 10. They didn't list anyone past 10. USC (Carolina) was #10. I'd guess we are #11. I'm just fine with flying under the radar right now. Keep winning and we'll be fine.

I had 2 games on the schedule as losses before the season at UNC and FSU.. Get over this hurdle on the road on their championship night game and i think we run the table until the acccg. Lets see if our boys learned from the 2009 team about reading their top 10 press clippings... This game will tell me alot about this team.

Advertisement
I had 2 games on the schedule as losses before the season at UNC and FSU.. Get over this hurdle on the road on their championship night game and i think we run the table until the acccg. Lets see if our boys learned from the 2009 team about reading their top 10 press clippings... This game will tell me alot about this team.

I didn't have any games as losses, but I'm a homer.

You root against UF. And you root against FSU.

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.

**** SOS unless it's the homestretch and it's an obviously problem.

Some of you guys are the type that overthinks **** and goes for 2 in the 3rd quarter.

Here is an updated post I had before this week. Puts things into perspective IMO...

Top 15 Teams

ACC: (3) #3 Clemson, # 5 FSU and #10 Miami
Big 10: (1) #4 OSU
Big 12: (1) #12 Baylor
Pac 12: (3) #2 Oregon, #9 UCLA and #13 Stanford
SEC: (6) #1 Bama, #6 LSU , #7 TAM, #11 USCe #14 Missouri, # 15 UGA

Undefeated Teams:

ACC: (3) Clemson, FSU and Miami
Big 10: (1) OSU
Big 12: (2) Baylor and Texas Tech
Pac 12: (2) Oregon and UCLA
SEC: (2) Alabama and Missouri

Undefeated Teams + 1 Loss Teams:

ACC: (5) Clemson, FSU, Miami, VT and Maryland
Big 10: (4) OSU, Michigan, MSU and Nebraska
Big 12: (4) Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas Tech and OSU
Pac 12: (4) Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and Oregon State
SEC: (6) Alabama, TAM, LSU, USCe, Missouri and Auburn

Teams above .500

ACC: (7) Clemson, FSU, Miami, VT, Pitt, Maryland and Duke
Big 10: (10) OSU, Michigan, MSU, Nebraska, NW, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisc, Illinois and PSU
Big 12: (5) Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas Tech, OSU and Texas
Pac 12: (10) Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Oregon State, Washington, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, USC and Washington State
SEC: (8) Alabama, UGA, TAM, LSU, USCe, Missouri, Auburn and UF

Advertisement
I am confident that this staff will keep these boys humble and focused. I fully expect this team to be 7-0 going into the FSU game, just like the good old days.

Always said if we beat ugay we should be 7-0 by the time we play fsuk, I think fsuk killz clemson but will root against those inbreds.

Mock BCS is out, and we're not in the top 10. They didn't list anyone past 10. USC (Carolina) was #10. I'd guess we are #11. I'm just fine with flying under the radar right now. Keep winning and we'll be fine.

I saw a major mock that had us right at #10. The Harris Poll (which is 1/3 of the BCS formula) just released their first poll of the season and we were #10.

If you want to try and make your own BCS guess:

Harris Interactive - 10 (1/3 of the BCS)

USA Today Coaches' Poll - 11 (1/3 of the BCS)

Computer Rankings: (1/3 of the BCS)
Anderson/Hester Top 50 - 12
Sagarin Top 50 (ELO_CHESS) - 12
Colley Matrix Top 50 - 13
Billingsley Top 50 - 22
Massey Ratings Top 50 (BCS,FBS) - 14
Wolfe Ratings Top 50 - N/A

Infer as you will.

Billingsley Top 50 - 22

Infer as you will.

22?? what the ****

Advertisement

Billingsley Top 50 - 22

Infer as you will.

22?? what the ****

Billingsley's is far and away the worst of the computer formulas. Not only does it punish a team for a bye week, you start ranked based on where you finished last year (we started 61st by his formula).

I saw a major mock that had us right at #10. The Harris Poll (which is 1/3 of the BCS formula) just released their first poll of the season and we were #10.

BCS Countdown on ESPN last night did not have us at 10

Advertisement
Back