Canes pick up commit from high upside OL Broussard

Lmfao imagine that....rated higher than two Bama OL....

I hate our fanbase
Wrong! Im a big fan of Broussard but if you’re going to continue the silly slurp vs mopes battle in his commitment thread atleast use facts. First of all both of those guys are IOL whereas Broussard is a OT. Historically, OTs are normally ranked ahead of IOL.

Second, Ionata was our top 2 choice at center who after we missed on we ended up settling for our 5th choice from the Ivy League who is ranked much lower than him. Second, Sanders as an IOL is ranked 400 in the composite whereas Broussard the OT is #615, so patently wrong. Finally, Bama has 17 commits only of which 4 are a 3⭐️. We have 21 commits of which only 7 are 4 ⭐️ or above. We are not the same.

But you’re right about our fanbase…

Advertisement
@tr
Wrong! Im a big fan of Broussard but if you’re going to continue the silly slurp vs mopes battle in his commitment thread atleast use facts. First of all both of those guys are IOL whereas Broussard is a OT. Historically, OTs are normally ranked ahead of IOL.

Second, Ionata was our top 2 choice at center who after we missed on we ended up settling for our 5th choice from the Ivy League who is ranked much lower than him. Second, Sanders as an IOL is ranked 400 in the composite whereas Broussard the OT is #615, so patently wrong. Finally, Bama has 17 commits only of which 4 are a 3⭐️. We have 21 commits of which only 7 are 4 ⭐️ or above. We are not the same.

But you’re right about our fanbase…
@TRick72 where did I single you out?

I did not.

Lemme maintain Mario/Mirabel can do whatever they want at OL. It is hilarious people wanna even critique that part of the team.

Like is this real life?

How do you know Ivy League is our 5th choice btw? Serious question.

Advertisement
Incredulous Come On GIF by Almost Christmas Movie
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

He's actually a 4* on ESPN (for the star horz).
Funny how everyone loved our OL coach and at the time of hire said how “we finally have someone who can coach and develop talent” to paraphrase…

Then when he signs a recruit they question it and think they know more.

Stars are a guess. I want to recruit smarts, toughness, ability, and the drive to become as good as you can be. Stars don’t measure that.

I just wonder what'll happen if he has a great fall and LSU offers. Zachary is a suburb of Baton Rouge.

Advertisement
@tr

@TRick72 where did I single you out?

I did not.

Lemme maintain Mario/Mirabel can do whatever they want at OL. It is hilarious people wanna even critique that part of the team.

Like is this real life?

How do you know Ivy League is our 5th choice btw? Serious question.
Never said you singled me out, said your comment which appears to be based off of Ferrelli’s tweet on page 1 of this thread was wrong. I then stated why it was wrong.

My comment about “our fanbase” was about Ferrelli who is not only bad at making predictions he’s disingenuous putting that tweet out as he knows good and well everyone goes off composite ranking and he’s purposely using 247 new way of listing players based off of their internal rankings to make a wrong point. He knows better.

Wasn’t critiquing Mario/Mirabal on the OL as I really like Broussard and think Plazz and Nino could be solid pickups. However, I wouldn’t say they’re above critique as they not only chose Sagapolu and Denis but they did it twice.

Finally, I am of the understanding he was our 5th choice based off of reading D$ banks, ATMs and payday lending articles. Gaby’s articles also confirm this.

First 2 choices were Ionata and Jason Zandamela. After that it was Eddie Tuerk who we wanted as a Center but chose to commit to Illinois as a DL. Lastly it was Zuri Madison who chose Arkansas.

Never said you singled me out, said your comment which appears to be based off of Ferrelli’s tweet on page 1 of this thread was wrong. I then stated why it was wrong.

My comment about “our fanbase” was about Ferrelli who is not only bad at making predictions he’s disingenuous putting that tweet out as he knows good and well everyone goes off composite ranking and he’s purposely using 247 new way of listing players based off of their internal rankings to make a wrong point. He knows better.

Wasn’t critiquing Mario/Mirabal on the OL as I really like Broussard and think Plazz and Nino could be solid pickups. However, I wouldn’t say they’re above critique as they not only chose Sagapolu and Denis but they did it twice.

Finally, I am of the understanding he was our 5th choice based off of reading D$ banks, ATMs and payday lending articles. Gaby’s articles also confirm this.

First 2 choices were Ionata and Jason Zandamela. After that it was Eddie Tuerk who we wanted as a Center but chose to commit to Illinois as a DL. Lastly it was Zuri Madison who chose Arkansas.
Appreciate the reasoned response sir.

I give them a pass on Sagapolu and Denis to Miami since they were desperate for bodies last year. Don't know the backstory on their original recruitment to Oregon, but agree they are depth pieces at best. Other than those two late portalers and Mario's nephew, there's not a kid they've brought in I don't like. Tinilau and Tripp are projects, but they're excellent takes as #4 and #5 for last class. And I'll take this kid and Plazz given 2024 is a historically weak OL class. No idea what we got in the Harvard commit. But if he worked out for our staff and they gave him the thumbs up, I totally trust their judgment.

Long story short, I agree fans have a reason to question all the 3 star takes this class as a whole. But not along the OL, where I believe they have credibility and expertise in making the right evals.

Advertisement
I give them a pass on Sagapolu and Denis to Miami since they were desperate for bodies last year. Don't know the backstory on their original recruitment to Oregon, but agree they are depth pieces at best. Other than those two late portalers and Mario's nephew, there's not a kid they've brought in I don't like. Tinilau and Tripp are projects, but they're excellent takes as #4 and #5 for last class. And I'll take this kid and Plazz given 2024 is a historically weak OL class. No idea what we got in the Harvard commit. But if he worked out for our staff and they gave him the thumbs up, I totally trust their judgment.

Long story short, I agree fans have a reason to question all the 3 star takes this class as a whole. But not along the OL, where I believe they have credibility and expertise in making the right evals.
It’s a decent line so far. Need to add another IOL who is a bit more ready to play. Sucks we lost out on Ahfua but add EPL and it’s a solid line coming off of last class.

Interestingly enough, after Broussard the kid I like the best is Nico. He was committed to Harvard as a DL which means he athletic and understands leverage. I think that combined with his smarts makes for a good center prospect.

It seems since Stoutland left that we've had so many high ranking OL recruits who've ended up as busts or unfilled potential (see Bar Milo).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back