Canes PFF grades vs Pitt

Advertisement
Pff has some really subjective and questionable ratings....i find myself agreeing with them about half of the time.

I remember them saying Pinckney was the top rated ACC LB in coverage. Pinck was a lot of things but a pass defender in space was not one of them.

I think he’s very hit or miss. If he’s put in positions to succeed, he can use his length and size to make it tough. Still needs to show much more consistency on deep routes and around the ball.

He is excellent versus the run game and around the line of scrimmage though. He honestly might be an All-ACC strong safety playing corner.
To me this happen with Elder and to a degree Dee Delaney. We have guys that would be great safety's playing corner in some cases.

PFF grades are about right. DL is elite, and Roche is phenomenal. OL is ok, but run blocking is horrible. Hopefully, run blocking improves as the season moves along. King also needs to improve his read option on RPOs.

Mallory is an elite receiving TE and deserved more targets, but he has never been a good blocker and that hurts his overall PFF grade. Ford usually grades better than he looks because he is there to get attention of the OL, so the other players on defense can stop the run. The other DTs, with the exception of maybe Miller, have different roles. I am sure Stroud, Baker and Diaz appreciate him

Advertisement
Advertisement
But wait.... CIS uber-experts told me Phillips sucks cuz his muscles are too big and now he’s slow

Advertisement
Back