Canes @ Panthers - Game 2 - 3pm ACCNX

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
random question... Lets say CJ is taken out of game for injury 0-2, and pinch hitter gets strike 3... who records the strikeout?

uhh NM , GO Colin James!!!!! Bomba

random question... Lets say CJ is taken out of game for injury 0-2, and pinch hitter gets strike 3... who records the strikeout?

uhh NM , GO Colin James!!!!! Bomba
I could be wrong but I think it’s the batter that sees the most pitches

Edit: CJ would have gotten the K.

Substitute Batter
SECTION 10 When a batter leaves the game with two strikes on him, and a substitute batter strikes out, charge the strikeout to the first batter If a substitute batter completes the turn at bat in any other manner, including a base on balls, charge the action to the substitute batter

Advertisement
I could be wrong but I think it’s the batter that sees the most pitches

Edit: CJ would have gotten the K.
AI... what a miracle, lol:
In baseball, if a batter is injured and replaced by a pinch hitter who then strikes out, the strikeout is recorded for the pinch hitter, not the injured batter. This is because the pinch hitter is the one who completed the at-bat and was responsible for the outcome.

(wrong again)
but doesnt argue:
You are correct. I apologize for my previous response which was incorrect. According to Rule 5.10(b)(3) of the Major League Baseball Official Rules, if a batter leaves the game with two strikes and a substitute batter is put in and strikes out, the strikeout is charged to the first batter, not the substitute batter. So in the scenario you described, the strikeout would be charged to the injured batter who left the game with two strikes.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I apologize for any confusion my previous response may have caused.

Advertisement
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I apologize for any confusion my previous response may have caused.
J: I have a ticking timebomb here. Do I disconnect the red wire or the blue wire to survive?
AI: You are asking me? What are you, an idiot human?

J: I have a ticking timebomb here. Do I disconnect the red wire or the blue wire to survive?
AI: You are asking me? What are you, an idiot human?
J: Will Roasario ever be a top-notch pitcher?
AI: Now I know you are an idiot human.

Advertisement
Back