Canes @ Panthers - Game 1 - 6pm ACCNX

Advertisement
I don’t remember where it was, but it sounds like Gino has come around to the notion that the ACC tournament is important from a momentum standpoint heading into regionals.
Well it couldn’t hurt to try, seeing as we’ve **** the bed in both every year under him

Brother I respectfully disagree. They are a sub .500 team this late in the season. The fact that u said they don’t have the best of pitching should’ve caused u to stop right there. Even blind squirrels can find a nut.

They hemorrhage runs as a pitching staff. Yes they beat WF 3-0 in their first game, & then WF proceeded to pelt their pitching staff w/ 40 runs in 2 games! And yes, I’ll give u winning the series against UVA, but it’s been pretty dire on all fronts.
It's all a matter of opinion and I can respect that. I just don't think a team is terrible if they beat the #1 team in the country and have won a game against every ACC team on their schedule accept UNC which they only played one game.

I think the ACC is just very competitive and someone is going to finish at the bottom. It's not like they're losing all their ACC games or getting swept like FSU (now that's a bad team). They have competed in every series just like they did against us tonight. I am worried about them tomorrow and Sunday. As you can see, they can hit. If Rosario lays an egg, it could be an "L" on Saturday and anything could happen Sunday.

Ironically, we desperately need a sweep to stay in the teens of the RPI. We won the game and still dropped 3 spots in the RPI. Duke lost and dropped 5 spots. We need to sweep and Duke to win their series against GT. Even if Duke lost their series, it would still come down to our series with them for the Coastal title. We want them as highly ranked as possible, so we can have a shot at jumping into the top 8 in RPI. Finishing as high as possible in the ACC standings will mean a better regional hosting slot.

The RPI is just fickle to me. Indiana State is ahead of UF at 7 with a record of 31-13 and a conference record of 19-2. That all sounds great, but they are 2-9 in Q1 games with one of their losses being Miami. How does that translate to being #7? Their two Q1 wins are Indiana (31) and Vanderbilt (4). That's it.

I have no idea how you get rewarded for beating a bunch of mediocre or worse teams which bring me back to Pitt. Pitt has more quality Q1 wins than Indiana St. They are 7-13 in Q1 games. Yes, nearly twice as many losses to wins, but that's winning 1 of 3 in every series and that's what they have done all year. Pitt has as many or more Q1 wins as 21 of the top 50 RPI teams.

I conclude, in my opinion, Pitt is not a bad team. The ACC is just a very strong conference and Pitt is capable of beating every team in the conference and has done so, accept for the 1 game against UNC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pitt isn't a bad team. They don't have the best pitching in the league and that's the difference.

They have a series win against UVA. They won a game against WF. That's 3-3. Meanwhile, Miami is 0-6 against those two teams.

Also, Pitt played only 1 game against UNC where they lost. Outside of that, Pitt has never been swept in ACC play this year. They've won at least 1 game in every series of more than 1 game played.

Brother I respectfully disagree. They are a sub .500 team this late in the season. The fact that u said they don’t have the best of pitching should’ve caused u to stop right there. Even blind squirrels can find a nut.

They hemorrhage runs as a pitching staff. Yes they beat WF 3-0 in their first game, & then WF proceeded to pelt their pitching staff w/ 40 runs in 2 games! And yes, I’ll give u winning the series against UVA, but it’s been pretty dire on all fronts.

At this point in the year you are what your record is.

We don't need a sweep. Win this series and next week and there's literally zero chance we don't get a national seed....

This time of year people read entirely too much into ridiculous ****
Folks are talking about national seed and top 8 seed. Big diff. Top 8 DOES require a sweep. Focus!

I completely disagree and I elaborated as to why. Every team doesn't play the same schedule or strength of schedule.

Last year's CWS champions who beat Miami were 14-16 in conference play. They told me to tell you, "hello."

They were also 32-22 on the season and played in by far the toughest conference in baseball in 2022.

Advertisement
I completely disagree and I elaborated as to why. Every team doesn't play the same schedule or strength of schedule.

Last year's CWS champions who beat Miami were 14-16 in conference play. They told me to tell you, "hello."
Yeah but they were 42-23 with a .646 winning percentage and had a winning record at both home, away, and neutral sites. If yuh have a losing record, you suck. Ergo, Pitt sucks. They’re not FIU or Presbyterian suck, but they suck.

I hate to compare him to a Nole but Cj reminds me of Doug Mienkiewicz(spelling?). A touch undersized but avg, pop, and good defense. I think you’ll know early on how he will progress. If he blows throw low A then hits well at high A he likely will climb to the show pretty quick. I think he has a few holes in his zone that they will attack but nothing massive.

Oh, boy, thank you for the meatball. So I'd tell them hello back but I've never met them and neither has PITT, because PITT only has the 21st best SOS in the country and an RPI of #71. There isn't some "dig deeper and you will find a team with top 5 talent story" here like with Ole Miss, who had a winning season and who was expected to be a top 10 program heading into last year and put it together late. With five ACC games to go (two against UM and three on the road against NCST), PITT has a .391 winning percentage in the ACC for 12th place out of 14 teams (🤮), and last place in the coastal (🤮) and was never expected, at any point pre-season or mid-season, to contend for the ACC because of its limited talent.

Ole Miss had an elite SOS of #4 btw and stacked talent.

So I agree, "every team doesn't play the same schedule or strength of schedule" which is why your attempt to use an "end of the parabola outlier" to prop up a losing baseball team falls on its face.

So you just made your bed and laid in it.

Need more? Ok. ACC rankings:

Batting: PITT is 13th out of 14 teams. 🤮
Pitching: PITT is 14th out of 14 teams. 🤮
Defense: PITT is 11th out of 14 teams. 🤮

Furthermore, let me just drop the guillotine and end this: Pre-season top 10 Ole Miss lost the first game of the SEC tournament and STILL had a good enough season to be a #3 seed in the NCAAs. Losing PITT isn't even projected in the last five out, or near there, let alone making the tournament, and that was heading into last night BEFORE they lost to us. They are out.

So, nah bro. Let it rest. They are exactly what they are. A team that has technically OVER-ACHIEVED by ONLY having the 12th best record in the ACC at this point lol. Based on their hitting, pitching, and defense, it should be worse.

Minions Mic Drop GIF

Last edited:
They were also 32-22 on the season and played in by far the toughest conference in baseball in 20

Oh, boy, thank you for the meatball. So I'd tell them hello back but I've never met them and neither has PITT, because PITT only has the 21st best SOS in the country and an RPI of #71. There isn't some "dig deeper and you will find a team with top 5 talent story" here like with Ole Miss, who had a winning season and who was expected to be a top 10 program heading into last year and put it together late. With five ACC games to go (two against UM and three on the road against NCST), PITT has a .391 winning percentage in the ACC for 12th place out of 14 teams (🤮), and last place in the coastal (🤮) and was never expected, at any point pre-season or mid-season, to contend for the ACC because of its limited talent.

Ole Miss had an elite SOS of #4 btw and stacked talent.

So I agree, "every team doesn't play the same schedule or strength of schedule" which is why your attempt to use an "end of the parabola outlier" to prop up a losing baseball team falls on its face.

So you just made your bed and laid in it.

Need more? Ok. ACC rankings:

Batting: PITT is 13th out of 14 teams. 🤮
Pitching: PITT is 14th out of 14 teams. 🤮
Defense: PITT is 11th out of 14 teams. 🤮

Furthermore, let me just drop the guillotine and end this: Pre-season top 10 Ole Miss lost the first game of the SEC tournament and STILL had a good enough season to be a #3 seed in the NCAAs. Losing PITT isn't even projected in the last five out, or near there, let alone making the tournament, and that was heading into last night BEFORE they lost to us. They are out.

So, nah bro. Let it rest. They are exactly what they are. A team that has technically OVER-ACHIEVED by ONLY having the 12th best record in the ACC at this point lol. Based on their hitting, pitching, and defense, it should be worse.

Minions Mic Drop GIF
Give it a rest!!! You're using words to make up your own narrative. Pitt has ONLY the #21st toughest schedule. Well, Miami is ONLY #24 which is worse than Pitt the last time I checked. Both are better than over 200+ D1 schools.

Pitt has won at least one game in every ACC series where more than 1 game was played. ONLY WF, ND, and Duke have done that. Everyone else in the conference has been swept in at least 1 series, but go ahead with the narrative you want. The argument is subjective.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mean you kind of did just by cherry picking their conference record and not their overall record which is how a team’s success is universally gaged…
You pointed to the SEC as the best conference to justify a mediocre team in that league. The ACC is arguably the 2nd best conference. We are playing conference games so that is the focus. People don't get to say, "Well, they're terrible outside the conference, so it should be an easy win because they suck."

Pitt hasn't been swept. So, if we lose a game to them, do we SUCK? And if we do, then so does every team in the ACC that they have played.

I looked at their team several weeks ago when they beat WF and UVA. I knew they would be a problem when we played them. People can make whatever excuses they want to. Yes, it shouldn't have been a 9-8 game, but it was. Pitt made the plays to get back into the game.

A team that can beat any team in the ACC and has doesn't "SUCK" in my opinion. It's called parity.

Advertisement
Pitt did the exact same thing to us that they did to #12 WVU earlier this week. Got down big, came back to back it a 9-8 score. Couldn’t get the win.

That’s who they are 50% of the time. The rest they lose in blowouts, or manage to win a few. It’s not that serious.

You pointed to the SEC as the best conference to justify a mediocre team in that league. The ACC is arguably the 2nd best conference. We are playing conference games so that is the focus. People don't get to say, "Well, they're terrible outside the conference, so it should be an easy win because they suck."

Pitt hasn't been swept. So, if we lose a game to them, do we SUCK? And if we do, then so does every team in the ACC that they have played.

I looked at their team several weeks ago when they beat WF and UVA. I knew they would be a problem when we played them. People can make whatever excuses they want to. Yes, it shouldn't have been a 9-8 game, but it was. Pitt made the plays to get back into the game.

A team that can beat any team in the ACC and has doesn't "SUCK" in my opinion. It's called parity.
No, we don’t suck because we lose one or two games to Pitt. That’s baseball. That’s my also my point: The sum is greater than the parts. They have a losing record. That’s the total body of work to judge them on. They would run roughshod over Alcorn State- but the schedule they play is the schedule they play and they are a losing team.

I would recommend any head coach from any sport hire you as a liaison to their respective AD or GM. You could gaslight them into believing these coaches shouldn’t be fired despite a losing record, chalking it up to a misunderstanding and reminding them they always had a winning record on Wednesday’s when the moon was full in a leap year.

No, we don’t suck because we lose one or two games to Pitt. That’s baseball. That’s my also my point: The sum is greater than the parts. They have a losing record. That’s the total body of work to judge them on. They would run roughshod over Alcorn State- but the schedule they play is the schedule they play and they are a losing team.

I would recommend any head coach from any sport hire you as a liaison to their respective AD or GM. You could gaslight them into believing these coaches shouldn’t be fired despite a losing record, chalking it up to a misunderstanding and reminding them they always had a winning record on Wednesday’s when the moon was full in a leap year.
You can't deny facts so you say I gaslight. Total BS!!! Nothing to say about a team that has beat everyone at least one game. You gaslighting me with a fg lie.

Advertisement
Back