Canes @ Panthers - Game 1 - 6pm ACCNX

Needs Report from this morning is back to saying we can only lose one game to finish in the RPI top 16. Hard to figure out how we sweep pitching wise, but it would be very helpful.

Advertisement
Needs Report from this morning is back to saying we can only lose one game to finish in the RPI top 16. Hard to figure out how we sweep pitching wise, but it would be very helpful.

Must be some site if they already know what 20 other teams besides Miami are going to do in their last six games.

Advertisement
Pitt isn't a bad team. They don't have the best pitching in the league and that's the difference.

They have a series win against UVA. They won a game against WF. That's 3-3. Meanwhile, Miami is 0-6 against those two teams.

Also, Pitt played only 1 game against UNC where they lost. Outside of that, Pitt has never been swept in ACC play this year. They've won at least 1 game in every series of more than 1 game played.

Brother I respectfully disagree. They are a sub .500 team this late in the season. The fact that u said they don’t have the best of pitching should’ve caused u to stop right there. Even blind squirrels can find a nut.

They hemorrhage runs as a pitching staff. Yes they beat WF 3-0 in their first game, & then WF proceeded to pelt their pitching staff w/ 40 runs in 2 games! And yes, I’ll give u winning the series against UVA, but it’s been pretty dire on all fronts.

Advertisement
Brother I respectfully disagree. They are a sub .500 team this late in the season. The fact that u said they don’t have the best of pitching should’ve caused u to stop right there. Even blind squirrels can find a nut.

They hemorrhage runs as a pitching staff. Yes they beat WF 3-0 in their first game, & then WF proceeded to pelt their pitching staff w/ 40 runs in 2 games! And yes, I’ll give u winning the series against UVA, but it’s been pretty dire on all fronts.
40 runs in two games?? Wake is nasty but that’s inexcusable lol

Aside from my rant about this program never trying to win the ACCT, the best way to make sure you host, is to win it. The best way to do that with this thin rotation, is win the Coastal. The Duke loss tonight, means a win tomorrow guarantees a sweep isn’t necessary next weekend. You go all in for a win tomorrow, and let Sunday fall where it may.

Advertisement
I hope you get my point. It's ridiculous to make these ceiling projections when its completely affected by what the other teams we are competing for seed do. What if four teams they project in front of us go into a tailspin down the stretch? Too much baseball left still.
I get your point, but it’s a tool that has proven for many years to be a good rough guide.
Obviously, any metric is a little flawed when you don’t know who your two opponents are in the ACC Tournament. Many of us thought we were in good shape to host going into the 2019 tournament before UNC beat us and swiped our spot.

Advertisement
Aside from my rant about this program never trying to win the ACCT, the best way to make sure you host, is to win it. The best way to do that with this thin rotation, is win the Coastal. The Duke loss tonight, means a win tomorrow guarantees a sweep isn’t necessary next weekend. You go all in for a win tomorrow, and let Sunday fall where it may.
I don’t remember where it was, but it sounds like Gino has come around to the notion that the ACC tournament is important from a momentum standpoint heading into regionals.

One thing I don’t understand is how last year he was drafted far later than Garland . No wonder he didn’t go
I am pretty sure it's because he communicated a number ($$) most teams weren't willing to meet. And he wanted to play w his brother and work on his secondary pitches, so we were told anyway.

I am pretty sure it's because he communicated a number ($$) most teams weren't willing to meet. And he wanted to play w his brother and work on his secondary pitches, so we were told anyway.
Probably part two of the decision

Advertisement
Back