Canes offer 2021 OLB/Edge Thomas Davis

Advertisement
“"It’s one of my dream schools but only time can tell," Davis said in a message when asked if he plans to consider Miami.”

His dad was happy about the offer. Lowndes new head coach has been really been selling the kids to recruiters and offers have been coming in for a good number of their defensive guys the last few weeks. This kid and their other d end hunter were unstoppable at times last year

Advertisement
Solid prospect needs the weight room. Shows solid traits good get off uses hands pretty well. Plan b type of kid

Advertisement
He's impressive. He has good size and length, but what stands out to me is how he uses his hands, his short-area quickness, and how fluid of an athlete he is. A lot of kids his size are stiff, especially in the hips. This kid is still fluid and has good power and twitch. He needs to get in the weight room and more strength and bulk to hold the point of attack in the run game, set the edge. And he needs to lower his pad level off the snap. But you can say that about most kids coming out of high school. He's a good prospect with excellent upside if developed properly.

Advertisement
I love defensive players that you can tell just have a little malicious intent every time they make contact. This kid has that in spades.
Did we offer him as an OLB or WDE? I know he has his hand in the dirt every play, but that's never stopped us from trying to make a guy an OLB.

Advertisement
Valdosta (Ga.) Lowndes High School DE/OLB Thomas Davis is a Mississippi State commitment, but that didn’t stop the Canes from offering him a scholarship on Monday.

It was his 14th offer.

“When I got the Miami offer it was the first time I talked to them - it was coach (Todd) Stroud,” Davis said. “He was just saying he liked me, felt I fit very well in their program, they need a pass rusher like me, to come play with me.”

He committed to Mississippi State in April, so does a program like Miami have a chance?

“Yes sir, that’s one of my dream school,” Davis said. “It’s Miami. That’s all I can say.”

He adds “I followed them when I was little, used to watch them a lot. I used to have their jerseys. One of my favorite players is Ray Lewis.”

Davis says he plans to visit UM “when everything clears up (with the coronavirus).”

Other visits he wants to take aside from Mississippi State? He points to Cincinnati and “probably” Indiana. Davis also says if Georgia offers he’ll visit there as well.

Advertisement
Back