Canes Move Into 2nd Place For OT Walker

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
There is arguably no greater need than offensive linemen for Miami in the 2020 cycle and the target sitting at the top of the board for the Canes is South Carolina 4-star OT commit Issiah Walker. Walker, a local prospect from Miami Norland, visited Miami twice over the last week, the first of which was last Tuesday, with the second coming on Sunday.

“The visits went very well. Those visits were more about getting around the coaches and getting closer to them. I was talking to all the coaches and watching film with coach (Butch) Barry.”

Walker seems to have a very good relationship with coach Barry, and he got a personalized workout with Barry during his Sunday trip to campus for Miami’s OL/DL camp.

“He is a very cool coach and someone I can be around and coached by,” Walker said. “Working out with coach was great, he taught me a lot of great techniques that I’m definitely using in the season. Our relationship is very, very strong.”

While on the visits, Walker strengthened his relationship not only with Barry but also with head coach Manny Diaz.

“His and my relationship got stronger since the day he offered. Very cool coach. He has that positive energy. All the staff including coach Diaz would always tell me that they want me to be a Cane and they say I would fit into the offensive line perfectly.”

Walker will return to South Carolina this weekend for an unofficial visit. While he does not know when he will return to Miami, Walker did say that Miami will most likely receive one of his remaining official visits and that the Canes were now running in second place. Walker is also considering officials to FSU, Florida, LSU, and Auburn.

“Right now, I’m just enjoying the process.”

What would it take for Miami to overtake South Carolina?

“I would have to feel really comfortable at their school.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not sure I follow him on this comment. Did anyone else translate this as the following?

breaking-bad-money-bed.gif

Advertisement
There is arguably no greater need than offensive linemen for Miami in the 2020 cycle and the target sitting at the top of the board for the Canes is South Carolina 4-star OT commit Issiah Walker. Walker, a local prospect from Miami Norland, visited Miami twice over the last week, the first of which was last Tuesday, with the second coming on Sunday.

“The visits went very well. Those visits were more about getting around the coaches and getting closer to them. I was talking to all the coaches and watching film with coach (Butch) Barry.”

Walker seems to have a very good relationship with coach Barry, and he got a personalized workout with Barry during his Sunday trip to campus for Miami’s OL/DL camp.

“He is a very cool coach and someone I can be around and coached by,” Walker said. “Working out with coach was great, he taught me a lot of great techniques that I’m definitely using in the season. Our relationship is very, very strong.”

While on the visits, Walker strengthened his relationship not only with Barry but also with head coach Manny Diaz.

“His and my relationship got stronger since the day he offered. Very cool coach. He has that positive energy. All the staff including coach Diaz would always tell me that they want me to be a Cane and they say I would fit into the offensive line perfectly.”

Walker will return to South Carolina this weekend for an unofficial visit. While he does not know when he will return to Miami, Walker did say that Miami will most likely receive one of his remaining official visits and that the Canes were now running in second place. Walker is also considering officials to FSU, Florida, LSU, and Auburn.

“Right now, I’m just enjoying the process.”

What would it take for Miami to overtake South Carolina?

South Carolina visit over Paradise = not coming typically

His example is what we mean when we say “win and they’ll come in” he’s 9/10 not going to end up at SC, I don’t think he’s the type to “chase bags”. If Manny puts up a solid season, 10 to 11 wins, I can see him as a flip candidate.

Advertisement
2nd place for now is good news considering he's visited UF and FSU recently. What's the deal with South Carolina? What lineman have they developed? How many losses will they have this year? The sooner he drops a "Respect My Decision" tweet, the better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back