***Canes @ Maryland TONIGHT 8pm ACCN/ESPN3***

Advertisement
MD makes both FTs, Larkin comes right back with a layup. 71-68 Maryland with 16.9 secs. The Larkin layup ended a 10-0 scoring run for Maryland in the last minute...wow.

Quick foul, MD's Stoglin hits 2 of 2. Rion Brown bricks a 3, and that should do it. Maryland 73-68 with 07.3 secs....****.

Advertisement
If we don't end up in the tourney, I'd say blowing this lead has to be at the top of the list of reasons why.

What does this realistically do to our tourney chances? Must win out AND reach the finals of the ACC? I honestly don't know a whole lot about bracketology...

Advertisement
I don't care that we made 80% of our FTs- you can't go 8 minutes without a ****ing FG. That's not good basketball. Really disheartening loss IMO, I thought we were ready to turn the corner and instead we just walked into a stop sign.

^^^This. Absolutely choked. Reggie was absolutely non-existent and that was when he was on the floor. Inexcusable for a Redshirt Junior who is supposedly one of your better players.

What does this realistically do to our tourney chances? Must win out AND reach the finals of the ACC? I honestly don't know a whole lot about bracketology...

If I had to guess, either win the final 3 games and get to 10-6 in the ACC or at a minimum get to 9-7 and win at least the 1st ACC Tourney game, might need 2.

If I had to guess, either win the final 3 games and get to 10-6 in the ACC or at a minimum get to 9-7 and win at least the 1st ACC Tourney game, might need 2.

We need to win out and at least win the first round. If we go 2-1 (loss to FSU), then we need to make it to the semi's at least to have a chance. When you look at our body of work, it is not strong. We beat Duke and..... exactly. We have some horrible losses so that will require us to go big now. Our RPI was between 45-50 before this game, so we will probably drop down in the 60's or worse.

9-7 and a win over one of the bottom feeders in the ACCT won't do a thing for us and we'd be shut out anyway. MINIMUM would need two ACCT wins at 9-7.

Advertisement

We need to win out and at least win the first round. If we go 2-1 (loss to FSU), then we need to make it to the semi's at least to have a chance. When you look at our body of work, it is not strong. We beat Duke and..... exactly. We have some horrible losses so that will require us to go big now. Our RPI was between 45-50 before this game, so we will probably drop down in the 60's or worse.

Granted, you never want to leave it in the Selection Committee's hands, but don't they usually take in to account "major contributors" who missed time. I think the team went 5-4 while Reggie was out. Now don't get me wrong, we very easily could have had the same record with Reggie, but with the addition of 4 teams to the Tourney and a weak bubble, it might not take as much as we think. 9-7 and an ACC tourney win is paramount though, unless all the other bubble teams crap the bed too.

Advertisement
I miscalculated, we'd probably need 3 in the ACC tourney with an FSU loss

Joe Lunardi just updated his Last 4 In/Out and we're amongst the 'Out'. NC State is also apart of the last 4 out, so it seems like we have to finish better than them at all costs.

Sounds about right. They are not going to take 6 ACC teams unless someone makes a ridiculous run in the ACC tourney. ****, at this point, it would not shock me if they only took 4 teams if the top four dominate the ACC tourney.

Advertisement
Back