Canes @ Louisville - Game 1 - 4pm ACCNX

He has a 1.29 ERA. Gino just needs to stop pitching him multiple innings.

Closers in MLB pitch nearly every night. I have no concerns other than G pitching him multiple innings.

I don't like Rosario pitching tomorrow. We could burn all our bullpen arms and still lose the game.

I'd rather have Ligon pitch tomorrow and then pitch by committee on Saturday. He only pitched 3-4 innings last week. I'd think 1 day wouldn't matter for him.
Something is f…d up w Gino’s obsession with Rosario. I get it … great kid, HS stud, and he has the tools. But he has had 3 years to get into a position where he is at least dependable, and he hasn’t. This may be the most important series of the year given where we end up post season, and Gino is starting him tomorrow. I don’t get it.

Advertisement
Great win. Can't believe the pinch hit worked. Carrier looks like he's driving an old person motor scooter in the outfield chasing down balls.

Something is f…d up w Gino’s obsession with Rosario. I get it … great kid, HS stud, and he has the tools. But he has had 3 years to get into a position where he is at least dependable, and he hasn’t. This may be the most important series of the year given where we end up post season, and Gino is starting him tomorrow. I don’t get it.
Rosario should have been pushed down to midweek. He needs to prove himself and gain confidence, but not at the expense of the team in ACC play. I don't know what confidence Rosario could have being sent out time and time again and only lasting 3 innings. It's detrimental to the team.

I'm sure the position players feel added pressure that they need to score a bunch of runs when he's on the mound. Aside from whatever mechanics that Rosario loses or doesn't have when he gets hit hard, he just seems to lack the mental toughness. No fire that you see in the other guys. He needs to approach the hitters like they stole his mother's purse. He really needs some sports psychology.

Rosario should have been pushed down to midweek. He needs to prove himself and gain confidence, but not at the expense of the team in ACC play. I don't know what confidence Rosario could have being sent out time and time again and only lasting 3 innings. It's detrimental to the team.

I'm sure the position players feel added pressure that they need to score a bunch of runs when he's on the mound. Aside from whatever mechanics that Rosario loses or doesn't have when he gets hit hard, he just seems to lack the mental toughness. No fire that you see in the other guys. He needs to approach the hitters like they stole his mother's purse. He really needs some sports psychology.
This to me is the biggest thing - the mental side. Can't handle the adversity and doesn't have what coaches call "intestinal fortitude" to gut it out when thing go off the rails. He should be a mid-week guy where the stakes aren't as high. I would rather see Chestnutt get a start as the #3 starter after Ziehl and Ligon.

Remember when we tried this last year at UCF? He came in relief during the midweek and got chased off. Then he was rewarded back with the Sunday start against Clemson and immediately gave up 6 runs in 3 innings. Insanity.

Advertisement
Remember when we tried this last year at UCF? He came in relief during the midweek and got chased off. Then he was rewarded back with the Sunday start against Clemson and immediately gave up 6 runs in 3 innings. Insanity.
It’s been A.B.R (Anyone But Rosario) for 2 years now…. But we’ve seen a broken record with absolutely no creativity outside of what you just mentioned for 2 years straight. I give them the benefit of doubt his freshman year but there’s been no excuse for 2022 & 2023 outside of gross incompetence by Gino and JD

Total and utter indictment of Gyno. Torres is draft eligible and has earned that spot which would benefit his draft status as well as help the team.

Great win. Can't believe the pinch hit worked. Carrier looks like he's driving an old person motor scooter in the outfield chasing down balls.
From what I saw in preseason practice, Farrow is perhaps only slightly better than Carrier in RF, but Gino should consider trying Farrow there today after witnessing Carrier's performance out there in game 1.

Everyone wants to bench Rosario but no one has a better solution that doesn't hamstring the staff as well.

The problem isn't that Gino is throwing Rosario. The problem is Gino doesn't have anyone better to put out there because he hasn't recruited over Rosario these last two years. Rosario was a great get in recruiting, but you need to keep stacking chips. We haven't.

Advertisement
At least we know that Rosario turns it on come tournament time:

South Alabama: 6.1 IP, 0 ER allowed
Arizona: 5.1 IP, 1 ER allowed

Everyone wants to bench Rosario but no one has a better solution that doesn't hamstring the staff as well.

The problem isn't that Gino is throwing Rosario. The problem is Gino doesn't have anyone better to put out there because he hasn't recruited over Rosario these last two years. Rosario was a great get in recruiting, but you need to keep stacking chips. We haven't.
I don't think we have any other option.

This to me is the biggest thing - the mental side. Can't handle the adversity and doesn't have what coaches call "intestinal fortitude" to gut it out when thing go off the rails. He should be a mid-week guy where the stakes aren't as high. I would rather see Chestnutt get a start as the #3 starter after Ziehl and Ligon.
So your saying he is a snow flake. A ton of them around these days.

At least we know that Rosario turns it on come tournament time:

South Alabama: 6.1 IP, 0 ER allowed
Arizona: 5.1 IP, 1 ER allowed
His ACC Tourney is a combined 3 innings with 3 runs, so I guess that is better than his average lol.

Advertisement

It’s hamstringing the staff when he gets blown up after 2-3 innings and they have to empty the bullpen and chase a deficit. Torres has the best numbers on the team after Walt. If it’s truly a meritocracy, you make the switch. Any other coach would have sat Rosario after three seasons of declining results and a near 9.00 ERA. The real problem is Gino and his cognitive dissonance. He sees the Trackman velo and spin rate results and keeps falling in love with the idea of Rosario but is married to the reality of Rosario. Also, Rosario was only a good get if he panned out. He never did.

Advertisement
Back