Canes lose "coach" James Johnson

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
I'm sure a lot of people didn't even realize former VT head coach James Johnson was Miami's Director of Basketball Operations the past 2 seasons. He just accepted an assistant coaching job at NC State.

Advertisement
Good for him, and it is nice to see that Miami had an additional coach in the front office. I want to see who L hires to take his place. Will he go for another ex-head coach? I'd made a move for a guy that is currently on TV. Steve Lavin or Seth Greenberg aren't making crazy money. Miami can at least match those salaries, with the money coming in from the NCAA Tournament funds.

Good for him, and it is nice to see that Miami had an additional coach in the front office. I want to see who L hires to take his place. Will he go for another ex-head coach? I'd made a move for a guy that is currently on TV. Steve Lavin or Seth Greenberg aren't making crazy money. Miami can at least match those salaries, with the money coming in from the NCAA Tournament funds.

LMAO. One of the funniest posts I have read on here. Yeah Seth Greenberg or Steve Lavin are going to leave cushy TV jobs to come to Miami to be the Director of Basketball operations.

You are absolutely delusional if you think Seth Greenberg is leaving his broadcasting job to be our Director of Basketball Operations.

LMAO. One of the funniest posts I have read on here. Yeah Seth Greenberg or Steve Lavin are going to leave cushy TV jobs to come to Miami to be the Director of Basketball operations.

Think Riles is getting bored over in the Heat front office? Might want to jump ship to a new challenge? I mean we got that NCAA Tourney money coming in. #PowerMove

Advertisement

You are absolutely delusional if you think Seth Greenberg is leaving his broadcasting job to be our Director of Basketball Operations.

I never said that Seth is a slam dunk hire, but it never hurts to inquire. Broadcasting is cushy, but some people get tired of the nonsense that comes with that job. With ESPN asking **** near every on-air personality to take a pay cut, who knows. Seth wouldn't be the first guy to walk away from ESPN to take an underling role at a school. Hubert Davis did just that. Now, I would put the odds firmly in the not likely category, but I've seen crazier crap happen.

If Seth is interested in getting back in the game as a HC odds are he will have to take an assistant job somewhere first. Personally, I'd rather Miami do what Arizona just did with Lorenzo Romar; get an experienced guy to fill a spot on the bench, but I think L is happy with his present staff. There is a bit of inexperience on the staff, compared to when he first arrived, and when you have a coach that likes to delegate, that can be a problem.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back