Canes lead for blue-chip Cali DE

View as article
Advertisement
Told ya'll Nike washed up LOL

Not per a most recent article regarding what influences a kids decision to play college football. Nike was the overwhelming favorite.
The whole gear angle with recruiting is a little overhyped. They just did an extensive poll with recruits asking which uniforms they dislike the most. Alabama was atop the list.

This kid is elite. When was the last time you saw a DE get down the field like that? I'm not sure I remember one. No quit, and is a forced fumble waiting to happen. Wow.

If Miami returned to the elite and we were wearing oshkosh, thugs all over America would soon be kicking rompers.

Seriously? I like the kid even more for doing this so his dad can live a little. Family is important, and this kid would be a great get for the U family.
Lmao at him not committing so his dad can experience recruiting. ****ing pathetic

Advertisement
Agreed, but some schools might back off if he commits. No harm in keeping it open, knowing he will land whoever he wants.
Seriously? I like the kid even more for doing this so his dad can live a little. Family is important, and this kid would be a great get for the U family.
Lmao at him not committing so his dad can experience recruiting. ****ing pathetic

He'd still get heavily recruited and get paid visits even if he commits to UM.

No way people back off this kid. A commitment to Miami would only intensify the West coast schools to step it up.

It is sad how much the parents thrive on the attention of recruiting. People have to talk to them and they know it. And they love getting asked about their stud kid.

If it were my kid I would travel as much as I could in their 10-11th grade years and commit in the summer before their Senior year. Get it all out of the way so they can enjoy their senior year free of old men texting and calling them all the time.

Advertisement
Told ya'll Nike washed up LOL

Not per a most recent article regarding what influences a kids decision to play college football. Nike was the overwhelming favorite.
The whole gear angle with recruiting is a little overhyped. They just did an extensive poll with recruits asking which uniforms they dislike the most. Alabama was atop the list.
[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]: You're absolutely right...the traditional uniforms were hated, while the modern uniforms were loved. However, that same research showed that kids are still picking schools, somewhat, based upon gear...which is stupid. Even the cat who conducted the research commented how that caught him a little by surprise. You should pick a school based upon tradition, fan base, coaching, and of course academics. I hate hearing kids say I like this school b/c they wear my favorite color or I like the company they rep...those kids are the biggest flip floppers out there and should never be taken seriously. That's my point.

Last edited:
......wants to come to Miami says the kid with a UCLA jersey on. He's trolling. Not sold. If you want to go to a school 100% and you have an offer you want, you commit in case a spot doesn't open up later. Then enjoy the recruiting process. If you are only 99.9% sold on Miami, then you wait and commit when you are 100%.

And he said Richt lost a few games last year and if he had someone like him, they would have won. Ha. UGA lost a few close games and won a few barely because their OC called horrible plays, Nick Chubb was injured, they couldn't score and their QB's were just plain horrible.
he wasnt talking about UGA when he said that he was talking about us.

Since it looks like you didn't read the article, I will quote it for you: "You look at the current staff and you have Coach Kuligowski, where he’s had two of his linemen win SEC Defensive Player of the Year. That’s a great coach. Coach Richt is a great coach himself and they lost a few close games last year where I feel like if they had somebody like myself that they would have won 10 or 11,” explained Johnson.
Try again, Einstein. You struggling.

Nah, it sounds like he's treating his dad, not his dad being a leach. I get what your saying, and there are a LOT of parents who want their pockets lined, but that wasn't the vibe I got from reading this.
No way people back off this kid. A commitment to Miami would only intensify the West coast schools to step it up.

It is sad how much the parents thrive on the attention of recruiting. People have to talk to them and they know it. And they love getting asked about their stud kid.

If it were my kid I would travel as much as I could in their 10-11th grade years and commit in the summer before their Senior year. Get it all out of the way so they can enjoy their senior year free of old men texting and calling them all the time.

......wants to come to Miami says the kid with a UCLA jersey on. He's trolling. Not sold. If you want to go to a school 100% and you have an offer you want, you commit in case a spot doesn't open up later. Then enjoy the recruiting process. If you are only 99.9% sold on Miami, then you wait and commit when you are 100%.

And he said Richt lost a few games last year and if he had someone like him, they would have won. Ha. UGA lost a few close games and won a few barely because their OC called horrible plays, Nick Chubb was injured, they couldn't score and their QB's were just plain horrible.
he wasnt talking about UGA when he said that he was talking about us.

Since it looks like you didn't read the article, I will quote it for you: "You look at the current staff and you have Coach Kuligowski, where he’s had two of his linemen win SEC Defensive Player of the Year. That’s a great coach. Coach Richt is a great coach himself and they lost a few close games last year where I feel like if they had somebody like myself that they would have won 10 or 11,” explained Johnson.
He's trolling??, Pete's not the first guy to talk about how interested he is moron. BTW he took that pic visiting UCLA MONTHS ! Before we even offered, which was a month ago

Advertisement
This kid reminds me of Robert Quinn, lightning fast off the edge and a natural pass-rusher. Should force plenty of fumbles at the next level

Get off Mirvin88s back. He could still committ and travel. My dad sure dosent get to travel so what makes this guys dad so worthy of traveling to other states?

Advertisement
This'll shut up the adidas haters...

No it won't. Lol.

Interesting ...

I thought you told me Adidas only matters in Europe and for futbol players???

Lol (you knew it was coming)

Lol.
You know that there's one odd ball in every state, right? Lol.

But, seriously...here's my concern about that kid's statement; I don't want any kid interest to be in us b/c of what gear we wear. I want them to say coaching, history, family atmosphere...etc. The gear comment has me on pause on the seriousness about this kid's passion to be a Cane.

That concerns you? Really?

While kids commit to Oregon facilities every year and Alabama trophies or facilities?

Who cares? Commit to us for any reason.

That said, this kid as recent as May 19th does a video interview and mentions about every school in the nation BUT Miami. I'm wondering what magic transpired in 12 days or so.

We have some great coaches for recruiting, no doubt, but this doesn't seem like the type of kid that leaves out his unopposed front runner in a media interview.

UM

This'll shut up the adidas haters...

No it won't. Lol.

Interesting ...

Lol.

But, seriously...here's my concern about that kid's statement; I don't want any kid interest to be in us b/c of what gear we wear. I want them to say coaching, history, family atmosphere...etc. The gear comment has me on pause on the seriousness about this kid's passion to be a Cane.

While kids commit to Oregon facilities every year and Alabama trophies or facilities?

That said, this kid as recent as May 19th does a video interview and mentions about every school in the nation BUT Miami. I'm wondering what magic transpired in 12 days or so.

We have some great coaches for recruiting, no doubt, but this doesn't seem like the type of kid that leaves out his unopposed front runner in a media interview.

UM

Did you just hear what you said? A kid committing to OU b/c of their facilities and Bama b/c of their championship pedigree?? That's EXACYLY a kid I would feel comfortable with. A kid that says I'm committing to this school b/c of their gear is not someone I trust who will be here on signing day, b/c guess what? Other teams where Adidas. If he said "Miami's high on my list b/c of their tradition, I love the new coaching staff, and they're on the come up..." then yeah, I'll take him seriously. Dude stated Adidas as to y he likes us! Come on champ...that doesn't sound suspicious to you? I have never seen a kid stick w a commit based upon favorite colors or shoe company, solely.

Now if he takes a trip down here, and he starts raving about everything else, OK...but there's hella teams that wear Adidas, including Az St who's right down the street from him.

No it won't. Lol.

Interesting ...

Lol.

UM

Did you just hear what you said? A kid committing to OU b/c of their facilities and Bama b/c of their championship pedigree?? That's EXACYLY a kid I would feel comfortable with. A kid that says I'm committing to this school b/c of their gear is not someone I trust who will be here on signing day, b/c guess what? Other teams where Adidas. If he said "Miami's high on my list b/c of their tradition, I love the new coaching staff, and they're on the come up..." then yeah, I'll take him seriously. Dude stated Adidas as to y he likes us! Come on champ...that doesn't sound suspicious to you? I have never seen a kid stick w a commit based upon favorite colors or shoe company, solely.

Now if he takes a trip down here, and he starts raving about everything else, OK...but there's hella teams that wear Adidas, including Az St who's right down the street from him.

Did I hear what I just said? lol...j/k

We are on the same page. My point was simply that I could care less what their motivation is for coming. Your saying you don't trust that motivation, I got it.

I'm still wondering how long we have been on this kid since I have yet to see him mention UM to anybody but Ariz. Maybe it was a very recent offer that he has silently been waiting on...(like he said about Alabama, F$U and Clemson)

Advertisement
Back